Science Hill @ Karns

JcToPpEr103803

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel confident about Science Hill's running ability and their defense. The backs differ in style, and each one can hit the hole and make something happen. Their defense has been playing very well since the end of the Bearden game, and I think that they will match up favorably with the Karns spread. Hopefully we can match up to that QB too, I'm hearing that he is pretty good. Is he as good as Davenport, from South? He made his 1st varsity start against us didn't he? He played pretty well that night.

You're definitely right about Karns in the early part of the season. The defense gave away 3 or 4 games in the 4th qtr. But the coaches changed things up and the past two games (Jeff Co and DB) have been very different for the defense. I'd think DB would say they played against as tough a defense as they've faced all year. It looks like the weather could be the big wild card. It may turn out to be one of those very wet, windy, cold evenings. This would NOT be an advantage for Karns. Does the Hill rely mostly on the run? A lot of pitches or mostly straight ahead power running up the middle? Go Beavers!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Karns is by far the best 1-7 team anywhere, moves the ball, score points and at times look as if they have arrived and then it always seems to end up the same way, Karns on the short end of the stick. Some facts .Karns has scored more points on offense this year 161 to date compaired to 107 in 8 games last year, Def. has given up 215 this year compaired to 205 last year to date it seems somethings are better but, just like Karns some things stay the same. Improvement can be seen on the field and the players are really playing for those victories and not getting it done , the saving grace will be to win out and make the playoffs, that would make it a great year for the seniors to go out with some positives and set the tone for next year. Maybe 09 will see an offense that can score 30+ per game.

Karns is by far the best 1-7 team anywhere, moves the ball, score points and at times look as if they have arrived and then it always seems to end up the same way, Karns on the short end of the stick. Some facts .Karns has scored more points on offense this year 161 to date compaired to 107 in 8 games last year, Def. has given up 215 this year compaired to 205 last year to date it seems somethings are better but, just like Karns some things stay the same. Improvement can be seen on the field and the players are really playing for those victories and not getting it done , the saving grace will be to win out and make the playoffs, that would make it a great year for the seniors to go out with some positives and set the tone for next year. Maybe 09 will see an offense that can score 30+ per game.

Does anyone have an update on the Karns player (#69)who was hurt last night?

My prayers are with him and his family