Science Hill @ Karns

JcToPpEr103803

Karns is a long road game from North East TN. It is always cold down there in late October. I don't see the Toppers winning this game. All they are thinking about is beating DB and that is a mistake. The Beavers have playmakers and that spread offense will give JC fits.

Karns 20

Toppers 13

i agree it is long drive to karns, yes it will be cold. and i don't disagree that karns has playmakers. and spread offense will give any defense a fit on ocasions. but the hill is focused on beating one team at a time. db is on a different level than most teams right now and i've been to all the games and alot of practices and it's been a different world compared to the past conversations where all you hear is db this db that we want to beat db talk. has been nonexsistant this season. the coaches have preached alot of one game at a time finish the 4th. this week karns is all were worried about in jc.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not what I have been hearing for the last 2 weeks. I work in JC, and I see a few Topper fans, one in particular who talks like he is on the inside of the program. He has been talking about DB some much I finally had to throw the series numbers on him today. He tells me how bad the Toppers are going to pound on Ashlon Adams. That is going to be a mistake if Adams is your main concern, although I am sure he will hurt the Toppers on Oct. 31.

I hope the Toppers do beat Karns, it will make for a better match-up with the Indians... but it will be tough to beat the Beavers on the road.

That's not what I have been hearing for the last 2 weeks. I work in JC, and I see a few Topper fans, one in particular who talks like he is on the inside of the program. He has been talking about DB some much I finally had to throw the series numbers on him today. He tells me how bad the Toppers are going to pound on Ashlon Adams. That is going to be a mistake if Adams is your main concern, although I am sure he will hurt the Toppers on Oct. 31.

I hope the Toppers do beat Karns, it will make for a better match-up with the Indians... but it will be tough to beat the Beavers on the road.

well i think there is a big difference if the fans want a win and the team wants a win, and the few 20 some players my son is best buddies with on the team wants to beat karns this week. and worry about kingsport next week. i'm not a 100% sure but i think ashlon has some friends still on the team not sure though .but i don't see anybody pounding him. i hope we win too . can't wait to read the thread on johnson city and kingsport game NEXT WEEK.

go toppers

I can tell you Topper fans this...I dont know hoe the Karns QB will play Fri. against you, but he is by far the most talented we've been against this year.Their coach is no dummy either, he lets your defense set, then the QB backs out and he changes the play according to what he sees. It kept Watson on his toes all night, till we pulled away.This is a good team despite their record.

I can tell you Topper fans this...I dont know hoe the Karns QB will play Fri. against you, but he is by far the most talented we've been against this year.Their coach is no dummy either, he lets your defense set, then the QB backs out and he changes the play according to what he sees. It kept Watson on his toes all night, till we pulled away.This is a good team despite their record.

For whatever it's worth Kyle Boden (Karns QB) didn't have one of his better nights against DB. I expect the offense to step it up a notch this Friday night. If the defense can keep playing like they have the past two games the Toppers will have a serious battle on their hands. I hate this saying and believe the W is where it's at, but Karns probably IS the best 1-7 team in the state/country/world. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

The 'Toppers have a 'rolling' defense, so Science Hill may disrupte the Beavers offensive set up. By 'rolling' I mean they set up in a base set, then before the snap roll out of that base set into a new defensive set. I don't know how effective this really is, but considering Karns offense lets the defense set and then audibles accordingly, a ever changing defense could cause problems. However, I would expect Karns coaching staff to take care of this in practice this week.

Science Hill lost to Karns last year, so I don't think they are looking past Karns. The Toppers are so much stronger up front this year and that really impacts the game. Bottom line, the Toppers have improved every week. Having said that, Karns is probably the best 2? win team in the state and then some. Their record doesn't reflect what they are trying to accomplish over the long haul. On the road, tough game, and the Toppers will have great ride home after a hard fought win.

OK... Science Hill ain't looking past Karns and that's good. I expect the Indians are focused on Campbell County, we got a lot riding on that game too. One thing for sure... next week is going to be fun getting fired up for The North East TN. Rivalry.. Kingsport vs Johnson City!!

Good luck Toppers

Art this maybe one of the better Topper/Indian games in a long time (I hope so). Everyone benefits if this series can tighten up. Both teams have interesting games in front of them this week.

Karns is a good team despite their record. But Science Hill will win the game because Karns can't close the deal. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You're definitely right about Karns in the early part of the season. The defense gave away 3 or 4 games in the 4th qtr. But the coaches changed things up and the past two games (Jeff Co and DB) have been very different for the defense. I'd think DB would say they played against as tough a defense as they've faced all year. It looks like the weather could be the big wild card. It may turn out to be one of those very wet, windy, cold evenings. This would NOT be an advantage for Karns. Does the Hill rely mostly on the run? A lot of pitches or mostly straight ahead power running up the middle? Go Beavers!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />