Late hit rule?

GCPioneer

Well, as I remember the qb last night was hit in his chest a great majority of the time. I will check when I watch the replay on Channel 11 tonight.

Watch the play in the 3rd quarter where Lee Whitaker passes to #4 Casey Ivie for a TD. He got nailed in the back a couple of steps after the pass was off. I was for sure there was going to be a penalty but yet no flag came out.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of bad calls,Camden got one the other night that Baffled everyone.Gaskin made a ball fake to the fullback,fullback was tackled and play blew dead.Looked down the sideline and Travis had the ball in the open field 30 yards past the pile going for the endzone.The call didnt matter eventially but it could have against a different opponent.

Watch the play in the 3rd quarter where Lee Whitaker passes to #4 Casey Ivie for a TD. He got nailed in the back a couple of steps after the pass was off. I was for sure there was going to be a penalty but yet no flag came out.

I watched the game again. Those two Refs had 88% of the flags in the game. They missed a lot of calls they should have made and saw calls that weren't there on other plays. They did get 4 right that I saw. Even the announcers for Channel 11 were questioning their calls. But on that note, we only have to play the 11 from the other team ... and tackle on Defense. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I am going to shut up now. I ain't been on here much all year and probably will try not to get on here any more this year. God bless, GCPioneer. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Speaking of bad calls,Camden got one the other night that Baffled everyone.Gaskin made a ball fake to the fullback,fullback was tackled and play blew dead.Looked down the sideline and Travis had the ball in the open field 30 yards past the pile going for the endzone.The call didnt matter eventially but it could have against a different opponent.

That happened a couple years ago at a McKenzie game. QB for the team playing McKenzie faked a hand off to the running back who was tackled ... Refs blew it dead and the ball was 40 yards away ... "repeat down ..." Yeah. Coach Ward taking lessons lol /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

That same thing happened in Trenton a few years back when Obion Central and Peabody were playing...OC was running the veer back then and the QB faked the handoff inside and was running by himself down the sideline and the ref blew the whistle thinking the RB had the ball...

Not sure on the rule, but the kid that kept tackling the qb to the ground late in the game was Freshman Colton Nanney. I watched all of those and I can tell you that the Ref in the white hat watched each one cause I was wondering if he was going to throw a flag.

I would also be very upset if I were that qb. Nobody picked up those guys that were pounding him in the padding of 3 inch grass. A qb unprotected is a qb that will not be playing very long. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

May be there's more going on than meets the eye. Sometimes the line looks the other way when the qb does not show them due respect. Some qb's never pick up on the concept that those big, strong, mean guys on the line should be their best friends on and off the field. 11 men on defense/11 men on offense. That freshman sounds to me like he wants more playing time and he's going after it. Is your qb not fast enough to avoid the freshman? Just asking........Football is a contact sport. Every player is subject to an injury on every play. Sometimes ref's help, sometimes they don't.

I think the roughing the passer rule should fall under the penalty of unsportsmanlike conduct not its own separate penalty. Just like a running back who is out of bounds and linebacker takes a cheap shot when the play is over. If a quarterback throws the ball and one second passes (or whatever the rule is) then the quarterback is out of the play and any shot at him should be a penalty. Any late hit out of bounds or well after the ball is thrown just shows a lack of discipline and self-control on the part of the defensive player. Now if the quarterback throws the ball and its bang bang then the defensive player had the pure intention of making a play. Now if a quarterback is running the option and pitches it he should be hit bc he could act as a lead blocker making him part of the play. Same if a interception is thrown the quarterback is part of the play and can make a tackle so he is fair game. And any ref who clearly sees unsportsmanlike conduct and turns a blind eye to it just shows his true character.