ALL TIME WHITE HOUSE TEAMS (OFFENSE)

LARRYBIRD33

Here's a little tidbit of information for you guys on someone who would've been the single greatest player to ever come through White House but transfered to Mississippi to live with his grandmother before his talents could ever be seen on a high school football field, and that young man's name is Damion Fletcher, the sophomore 2-year starting running back for Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles. He played at White House Middle School and left after 7th grade, and I'm tellin you what, even when he was in 7th grade, people knew this kid had something special.

As far as All-Time teams, there are way too many great players that stand out in my mind: Brian Jones, Pete Bloodworth, Jon Finch, the Sullys, the Harriss, Clint Ruth, Ricky Ladd, Kyle Levering...

YEA IM AWARE OF FLETCHER. HE WAS IN RICKY LADD'S GRADUATING CLASS. CAN YOU IMAGINE FLETCHER AND LADD IN THE SAME BACKFIELD?I BELIEVE FLETCHER WAS A FRESHMAN ALL AMERICAN AND HAS (2) 1,000 YARD SEASONS SO FAR. HE HAS OVER 900 THIS YEAR AS A JUNIOR.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theordore "Shotgun" Malone was a heck of a player. He was a senior when I was a freshman and was our baseball manager. A very funny dude and as good nature as they come until the pads went on.

His son now plays for heritage and is a freshman. Phillip Harris was a heckova back as well. Brock King was also an awesome receiver. Mark Lamberth was a good lineman. Webster was also a good lineman.

I was at the 93 championship game. I wouldn't call it a blowout. It was 6-6 at halftime and a couple of turnovers made the final 28-6. McMinn Centrals current coach (Brandon Derrick) was the QB at Central at the time and set the record for longest passing TD in the Clinic Bowl. 80 yards to Deon Miller. I don't know if that still stands. Both Springfield and MC were surprise finalists that year. The best team in the state that year was Marion County who got upset in a typhoon at Kingston. Those games in the playoffs had crazy weather. wet & cold. Just FYI

The White House team from 1993 was really good, and I remember all those players mentioned. I think the Blue Devils were #2 and Springfield was #4. As a Springfield fan, I remember both games from the regular season (17-14 WH in OT) and the playoffs. Despite the weather, that semifinal game was one of the best I've ever seen. It was packed and people weren't leaving that game. In the 1993 title game, Springfield and McMinn Central had jitters in the first half, but Springfield pulled away in the second half. The 79-yard run on third down in the 3rd quarter was the play of the game. Good times, good times!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

YEA IM AWARE OF FLETCHER. HE WAS IN RICKY LADD'S GRADUATING CLASS. CAN YOU IMAGINE FLETCHER AND LADD IN THE SAME BACKFIELD?I BELIEVE FLETCHER WAS A FRESHMAN ALL AMERICAN AND HAS (2) 1,000 YARD SEASONS SO FAR. HE HAS OVER 900 THIS YEAR AS A JUNIOR.

And he will be in the NFL. Its going to be pretty cool to say I played against and with someone in the League!

• 8 months later...

Everyone seems to forget James Taylor who blew his knee out in week 2 of his senior year against Portland. As good as Ricky Ladd was, he would not had become the all-time rusher at White House had Taylor been able to play his senior season.

Taylor still holds the single game rushing mark at White House---379 yards I believe

Also there was a tailback in the early 60's by the name of John Barry. I've been unable to find very many stats for him, but what few I've found were all incredibly long runs.