Grainger Grizzlies

bigbluefan4ever

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was very suprised with the way Grainger played Tuesday night. McBee played well but not how he can play. I was really suprised with Aaron Carter also. I dont think anyone knew what this kid could do. He played very well. Andy Farmer and Rafael Jackson played good also. If McBee and Carter can form that 1-2 punch I think Grainger could have a great year. But when they play Chuckey Doak tonight look for some other players to step up again. Carter was said to be inexperienced but he looked like he handled himself pretty well in my opinion. Grainger will be tough no doubt. Good luck tonight guys.

Sky-man will be alright once he gets his basketball legs under him...he'd only had about a week of practice I'd say following football season...and probably needed some rest from being banged around all year long.

I dare any team out there that plays Grainger to guard him straight up...it won't be pretty.

Grainger won over Chickey Doak last night 68-53. McBee had 24 pts, 9 assists, and 10 rebounds.

Do you know how anyone else did point wise. I seen the game so I know how they played just wandering about the points. Carter didn't play as well last night and Farmer continues to drain the threes. Jackson has also been good in these two games. Humphrey must still need a little time to get his basketball legs back too because he's not playing like he did last year. It would have been awesome to see Skylar get that triple-double. Keep up the good work boys, and good luck against Cocke Co. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sky-man will be alright once he gets his basketball legs under him...he'd only had about a week of practice I'd say following football season...and probably needed some rest from being banged around all year long.

I dare any team out there that plays Grainger to guard him straight up...it won't be pretty.

Exactly....football shape and basketball shape are totally different as anyone who ever played both will attest to.

• 2 weeks later...

Grainger won over Cocke County 43-39 last night.

Grainger looked like they could blow this game wide open early on, but they seemed to go away from Skylar early in the third period. CC came back and cut the lead to around 5 before he was able to get involved again. I didn't think CC did anything special outside of spreading out the zone some. Other players took the shots they have to take, but just were not making them. McBee has to stay involved in the offense more whether its shooting or passing. He needs to take more shots but he is very unselfish. He will pass the ball if a teamate has a better look. This team is his team, but night in and night out Farmer and Humphrey will need to both be in double figures too. There are a couple other guys that can score and occasionally will step up and have big night as well. If the Grizzlies shoot the ball well from the perimeter, they can compete with a lot of teams. Good Luck Grizzlies!