Grainger Grizzlies

bigbluefan4ever

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grizzlies grind out a 37-35 win over G-P at home...McBee hits the game-winning free throws and goes over 2,000 points for his career. Way to go Skyman!

KEV...... What a game! GP lead up to the end. Seems the Grizzlies are still a "comeback" group. Both teams played a good game. It was a VERY physical game. One of GP's players and Skylar "butted" heads and the GP player ended up with a pretty bad cut over his eye. Officials let things get a little too rough. Lot of pushing and hip pushing under the goals. Too many bad calls BOTH WAYS. Although I'm sure some will say the calls were very "one sided", the Grizzlies received a lot of bad calls as did the Highlanders. One thing I can't understand is why the officials continue to allow the GP coach to stay out of his "box" and spend as much time out on the floor as the players. I guess someone needs to ask some higher up TSSAA officials why a coach is allowed to spend so much time on the floor during play. Good mind tactic though. Sure wouldn't fly if I were playing. One trip down the side court and he wouldn't be out there next trip.

KEV...... What a game! GP lead up to the end. Seems the Grizzlies are still a "comeback" group. Both teams played a good game. It was a VERY physical game. One of GP's players and Skylar "butted" heads and the GP player ended up with a pretty bad cut over his eye. Officials let things get a little too rough. Lot of pushing and hip pushing under the goals. Too many bad calls BOTH WAYS. Although I'm sure some will say the calls were very "one sided", the Grizzlies received a lot of bad calls as did the Highlanders. One thing I can't understand is why the officials continue to allow the GP coach to stay out of his "box" and spend as much time out on the floor as the players. I guess someone needs to ask some higher up TSSAA officials why a coach is allowed to spend so much time on the floor during play. Good mind tactic though. Sure wouldn't fly if I were playing. One trip down the side court and he wouldn't be out there next trip.

One could ask the same question in regards to the officials allowing one of the Grainger assistants to continuously ride them during consecutive time outs. It was a close game that was poorly officiated but I don't think anyone needs to start down that road because there's no way someone from Grainger can have a bigger gripe than the GP fans. I can safely say that last night was the first time I've seen a player knocked unconscious and have the foul called on him. I just feel sorry for all the other district teams come tournament time because no ones going to get any calls playing against Grainger in that gym.

One could ask the same question in regards to the officials allowing one of the Grainger assistants to continuously ride them during consecutive time outs. It was a close game that was poorly officiated but I don't think anyone needs to start down that road because there's no way someone from Grainger can have a bigger gripe than the GP fans. I can safely say that last night was the first time I've seen a player knocked unconscious and have the foul called on him. I just feel sorry for all the other district teams come tournament time because no ones going to get any calls playing against Grainger in that gym.

LOL! The same is true at other gyms in the district there eagles...just because your Highlanders lost don't go getting your drawers in a wad...

It was unfortunate the young man was injured, but he received the injury because he caused the foul. Would you like to see the tape of the game? Yes there were a ton of bad calls BOTH WAYS. GP lost because a better team beat them. Coaches are allowed to "push" the officials as far as they will allow with comments. There are set rules as to where the coaches have to stay while they coach. GP coach doesn't "push" that rule, he just plain ignores it and needs to be set down.

LOL! The same is true at other gyms in the district there eagles...just because your Highlanders lost don't go getting your drawers in a wad...

They were in a "wad" when he walked through the door. GP thinks they can walk into any gym in the district and rule. Hey, Eagle, how about GP 22 doing all that pushing under the goal and never got called for it? There were tons of bad calls BOTH WAYS! You guys need to learn that you won't always win every game you play. There are teams who can and will beat you throughout the season. We get bad calls too. Man up and accept the fact that we came back and beat you. Good game, two good teams, one just rose to the top and won. I'm sure things will be different on your court, because you guys never get "home cooking" over there.

Winning team with 37 points how could this have been a good game????

Since when does the score determine whether the game was a good game or not? Have you not heard of defense? The young men from GP and from Grainger played a fantastic defensive game, and offense was not bad either. Would you not say that it takes a lot of skill on the defensive side to hold good shooters like GP and Grainger have? Give these young men a break. They both played a fantastic game. Both teams were bombarded with bad calls, often leading to a lead change. Neither team gave up. Both fought the scoreboard to the end, and both teams should be commended for playing a FANTASTIC game. Congratulations to both teams of young men. And hopes and prayers that the young man from GP who was injured is doing much better today!

Grizzlies grind out a 37-35 win over G-P at home...McBee hits the game-winning free throws and goes over 2,000 points for his career. Way to go Skyman!

That was a tough win. I would also like to say congrats to Skylar for scoring 2000+ pts in his career and still has a chance to score more. I hope the guy from G-P is alright, accidental hit and nasty cut, but I hope he is alright. Good Luck against Cherokee tuesday night.

Hey Kev....I got a tape of the game today and sat down to look at all the bad calls. Guess what? They were pretty much even! The play where the young man from GP was injured was very interesting. McBee went up for the ball, and was hit from behind by a GP player, and as he was coming down, the young man who was injured jumped up and they collided in mid air. It was very unfortunate. I understand the young man had several stitches and came home. A good outcome. According to what is on the tape, the call was a good call. There were plenty of bad calls, but this wasn't one of them. I think the calls are much worse with 3 officials on the floor instead of when we had 2. Even with the bad calls, both ways, and the injury, it was a good game played by two good teams. I even heard one of the GP boys telling our guys they would get them in the tournament as they were shaking hands. Who knows, maybe they will get a third chance to beat us when the tourmanents roll around. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

That's a good attitude to have for the G-P kids. I would expect no less after losing to the same team twice in the regular season. They might very well beat Grainger in the tournament, but again it'll be on the Grizzlies' home floor and there's the whole thing that we still have the district's best player and a really good supporting cast.

As far as three officials, I see it as a waste of another $75-100 fee (or ever how much it is now to pay for the officials per the association)...especially in that association. I'm ready to see the district...including Union Co...work something out with the northeastern association. The Smoky Mountain has gotten far worse over the years...so bad they're rivalling the KnoxRidge for who's the worst in the area.