Houston County @ Waverly

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. When was the last time Waverly & McEwen played football? I know that the 2 schools play one another in other sports but I guess some consider football a different beast.

It was 80 or 81 the last time they played football or basketball. Used to play both every year. They didn't play the other sports until recently, in the last 10 years starting with the lesser sports like volleyball and gradually worked other things in.

From the standpoint of an outsider coming in (moved to Waverly in 2004) I never understood Waverly/McEwen not being scheduled, even if it was only a Jamboree. My alma mater Dyersburg High School ane their in county counterpart Dyer County played football in this format when they were not on the regular season schedule. It was a great way to start the year and brought a lot of cash to their programs and the programs of the other 2 teams that took part. Then again, I don't know a lot of the history between Waverly/McEwen football and why they don't play.

Suffice to say, it has not always been friendly.....

I know Coach Graves wants to. Lions4ever, it doesn't scare Waverly to play you or Lewis. You have to play better to get better. That's Coach Graves' philosophy. We don't play cupcakes like Stewart County does to pad our record. Now according to what I've been told, the region Waverly will be in will consist of Waverly, SC, Houston County, Montgomery Central, Creek Wood, Sycamore, Cheatham County, Fairview and Harpeth. Essentially the basketball district. Now I know that Camden has petitioned to be in this region so they could get out of the West Tn. region. But I don't know if that's been granted. We'll know in the middle of November. ddaddy, if Coach can get the game, it will be played, it's a good game for both as far as competition and gate wise.

papa(you are not worthy to be called a tiger)tiger...you disgrace your team! you so easily disrespect teams like gleason and greenfield by calling them cupcakes (what a total mustard mouthed jerk you are), these are teams that played their hearts out against us and left it all on the field...the only thing you ever left on a field was your poop after it got knocked out of you! i'd like for you to just once stand up in front of any one of these teams that you disrespect and say to their face what you say here, you typewriting coward...your team did play huntingdon, didn't it? you poor excuse of a man...how did that matchup work out for ya'? i thank God every day that you are papatiger and not paparebel...when you finish just out of the playoffs, i'll come back and see you here again... you are part of the bad karma for the waverly team and while the waverly players are well respected, you are not! you seem to forget that SC did not play for the first 5 minutes of your game but for the other 43 minutes the score was 7-6...cupcake!

Going back to the Waverly/McEwen discussion, had a lot of fun for the time I got to spend watching the two Junior High schools play basketball. Is there a time that the schools play where they don't play during the school day in a regular season contest?

On another note, please consider the dinner I mentioned at the start of the discussion. Not sure if I mentioned this but tickets are available at the door and take out dinners are available.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

how did that work out for 'ya? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Not to good /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It works better when we play the whole game.

you seem to forget that SC did not play for the first 5 minutes of your game but for the other 43 minutes the score was 7-6...cupcake!

that first five minutes dealt directly with the rebels funny pre-game antics. it did not intimidate the tigers it only made them laugh. but anyway, back to hc, i think the tigers will come ready to play because they have seen what happens when they don't and it wasn't pretty

papa(you are not worthy to be called a tiger)tiger...you disgrace your team! you so easily disrespect teams like gleason and greenfield by calling them cupcakes (what a total mustard mouthed jerk you are), these are teams that played their hearts out against us and left it all on the field...the only thing you ever left on a field was your poop after it got knocked out of you! i'd like for you to just once stand up in front of any one of these teams that you disrespect and say to their face what you say here, you typewriting coward...your team did play huntingdon, didn't it? you poor excuse of a man...how did that matchup work out for ya'? i thank God every day that you are papatiger and not paparebel...when you finish just out of the playoffs, i'll come back and see you here again... you are part of the bad karma for the waverly team and while the waverly players are well respected, you are not! you seem to forget that SC did not play for the first 5 minutes of your game but for the other 43 minutes the score was 7-6...cupcake!

Dude he is not disrespecting them....the two schools combined...times 2 does not = your enrollment...You have more people in your senior class than greenfield has in their entire school...It is not their fault...He is just saying go and schedule rivals as non-conference games (i.e if mcewen and Waverly were to play) or schedule schedule schools within the range of your enrollment or with a winning tradition to make you better so you dont go in with a good record and get blasted in the first round of the playoffs..