Houston County @ Waverly

papa(you are not worthy to be called a tiger)tiger...you disgrace your team! you so easily disrespect teams like gleason and greenfield by calling them cupcakes (what a total mustard mouthed jerk you are), these are teams that played their hearts out against us and left it all on the field...the only thing you ever left on a field was your poop after it got knocked out of you! i'd like for you to just once stand up in front of any one of these teams that you disrespect and say to their face what you say here, you typewriting coward...your team did play huntingdon, didn't it? you poor excuse of a man...how did that matchup work out for ya'? i thank God every day that you are papatiger and not paparebel...when you finish just out of the playoffs, i'll come back and see you here again... you are part of the bad karma for the waverly team and while the waverly players are well respected, you are not! you seem to forget that SC did not play for the first 5 minutes of your game but for the other 43 minutes the score was 7-6...cupcake!

sorry man but you are way off....calling the schedule a cup cake schedule is not disrespect, its the truth...dont come in bashin papaT....ask anyone (except most SC fans) and they will tell you that SC has had a cupcakes schedule...have for the past few years if i'm not mistakin....we'r not saying that they are terrible schools but are schools of lower ranking and playing capabilities than ya'l...the schools are a lot smaller and dont have the depth or (in most cases) the talent that bigger schools have....he never said they didnt play their heart out because the way i see it if you step on to the field your showing how much heart you have representing your school and community...and trust me papaT is 100x more respected than over half of you SC posters mainly because of posts such as yours! i would rather have papaT representing our school over anyone, he is one of the nicest guys you'l ever meet and trust me he doesn't hide behind a screen he tries to meet people from every team at every game...so dont be so quick on judging people bub...

and don't be so quick about waverly being out of playoffs...once aville beats huntingdon waverly will take over 2nd and will have a run at the region title at senior night...and once in the playoffs waverly has a much better chance of making it further than the rebels do because of having a tough schedule like we had...tomorrow night the rebels will get a taste of what is to come to them!! hit em hard lions!!

and further on, please leave our boards especially if all your wanting to do is start trash which was already settled between waverly and sc on the field where it counts!!

Homecoming tomorrow night!! hope a big crowd comes, pull out the hunting clothes its goina be a cool one!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude he is not disrespecting them....the two schools combined...times 2 does not = your enrollment...You have more people in your senior class than greenfield has in their entire school...It is not their fault...He is just saying go and schedule rivals as non-conference games (i.e if mcewen and Waverly were to play) or schedule schedule schools within the range of your enrollment or with a winning tradition to make you better so you dont go in with a good record and get blasted in the first round of the playoffs..

The world is coming to an end. You took up for me? Just kidding. You're right. It has nothing to do with Gleason and Greenfield other than they are very small schools and easy wins because of depth and more kids to choose from. It would be like Dickson County or Henry County playing Waverly. Everyone could say that we were cupcakes to them and they would be right. I will stand up to whoever. Come to the game and meet me. As rednecktiger said, I have met a lot of people from other schools at the games and enjoy doing it. And don't want to be a paparebel. And if everyone disrespects me then why did the people in Lewis County start a page on papatiger being the best fan and would love to have him cheer for them? Check it out. It's still on here. they said they didn't always agree with me, but respected the fact that I took up for my team. and they said I could be a LC fan any time I wanted. This is after they dismantled us 37-0. Sorry you are so unhappy.

Let me explain. In 1980, the school superintendent encouraged the school board to vote to consolidate the two schools. McEwen pitched a b...... if you know what I mean because they were going to bus the students to Waverly. There was always animosity with the two schools because Waverly always dominated them in sports. McEwen has beat Waverly twice in football and both of the footballs are in their trophy case. There was always a lot of friction which you would expect. I don't think now that there's as much in the kids but the adults can't let it go.

Personally, no more than either will grow, it would have been better to consolidate. Just think of the sports program with both together and the enrollment wouldn't change a lot. Also, more subjects would be available to take. But that's my two cents worth and I am probably making someone from McEwen mad now because I said that. I married a girl from McEwen too and her father was on the school board at the time. So I saw both sides.

To be more exact a vote WAS made to consolidate the two schools against the will and wishes of the town and good folks from McEwen. A court injunction put a halt to this. That year McEwen had a VERY good football team that was to open the season against Waverly. McEwen was forced to forfeit that game to Waverly 2-0. I think folks in McEwen dug in hard with the attitude if you can't play us when we have good teams that will beat you, then we won't play you at all. Those hard feelings were around for many years.

And what's pitching a b.....???? Showing pride for your town and your school? We like having our own school even if it requires getting your hand me downs...but thats opening a whole other can.

Good luck WAVO, give the FIGHTING ??? Irish something to remember, Hope you enjoy your Homecoming festivities, cause after Friday it's all about the BATTLE FOR THE BRIDGE, I believe it will be the hardest hitting game of the season and whoever wins it will deserve it. WAVO 42, FIGHTING??? Irish 7, if WAVO wants to be nice.

Good prediction. It was 41-6. And yes, they were nice on them. Mostly subs the whole second half. 34-0 at the half. 41-0 after first possession of the second half. 3rd and 4th string whole fourth quarter. HC scored with 40 seconds to go. They had 46 total yards until the last drive they had against the 3rd and 4th stringers. You are right. Thursday night will be a good one.

To be more exact a vote WAS made to consolidate the two schools against the will and wishes of the town and good folks from McEwen. A court injunction put a halt to this. That year McEwen had a VERY good football team that was to open the season against Waverly. McEwen was forced to forfeit that game to Waverly 2-0. I think folks in McEwen dug in hard with the attitude if you can't play us when we have good teams that will beat you, then we won't play you at all. Those hard feelings were around for many years.

And what's pitching a b.....???? Showing pride for your town and your school? We like having our own school even if it requires getting your hand me downs...but thats opening a whole other can.

The adults won't let it die. It's a shame. I don't know if they could have beaten Waverly or not that year. But we won't know since they wouldn't play. Now, the hand me down thing is getting old. Look at all the stuff that McEwen has gotten in the last few years and Waverly is keeping the same stuff and now having to spend a lot on it to just get it back to fire codes. The reason I heard most people didn't vote for the sales tax thing back 6 months or so ago, was the thought of building a brand new school at McEwen and nothing done to Waverly. I'm not going to argue it, because I have a deep love for McEwen and Waverly. I have kin folks in both places and my wife is from there. But they should play no matter who wins.