Houston County @ Waverly

A busy week here in Waverly culminating with the game on Friday night at Ray Hampton Stadium. The Homecoming ceremony will take place at/around 7:00 p.m. with the game kicking off at 7:30. There will also be a parade on Friday afternoon.

Aside from the game let me mention something taking place before the game. From 5:00-8:00 p.m. the local Civitan, Health Council, Chamber of Commerce & City Hall is sponsoring what they're calling a Spaghetti Spread for Special People. Long story short it's a meal where all proceeds are going towards a new addition for the city park for young people with special needs. Tickets are $7 for adults and children are $5. It's taking place at the Waverly Church of Christ Enrichment Center (438 West Main Street). It's a great cause they're doing this for and worth considering before the game. I know the cook and she always does an outstanding job. Not trying to take away from the boosters and the places that sponsor Waverly Athletics but I wanted to make sure everyone knows about it.

Looking forward to a great night Friday night!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Waverly will come to this game ready to play after being upset by Huntingdon last week. The Tigers lacked in effort last Friday. Hopefully they will regain that and take it over into the Camden game next week in the battle for the bridge. And yes, it will be a battle. But first things first. There's nothing scarier than a team that hasn't won a game. They have nothing to lose, so they would love to rain on the Tigers Homecoming festivities.

A margin under 40 points would be disappointing.

Hopefully Waverly will come to this game ready to play after being upset by Huntingdon last week. The Tigers lacked in effort last Friday. Hopefully they will regain that and take it over into the Camden game next week in the battle for the bridge. And yes, it will be a battle. But first things first. There's nothing scarier than a team that hasn't won a game. They have nothing to lose, so they would love to rain on the Tigers Homecoming festivities.

I love proving you wrong....check their record again..../smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

they do have one win, 9-6 over Montgomery Central. Just a slight correction.

IF the real tiger team shows up then that should be all that is needed to decide this one....hope its a good, clean, hard hitting, injury free game...i know the tigers can't afford any injurys right now because next week is huge! hope its a big crowd friday night, can't wait!

Houston Co: 6 (0 first half, 2nd half 6 against the younger guys)

Waverly: 41 (28 first half, 2nd half with starters out 13)

I love proving you wrong....check their record again..../smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I stand corrected. I forgot about their slip up. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Now, Gotgame, you seem to want to stir more than me. You have all the SC people mad at you now. Why don't YOU go positive for a change. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

And a one win team is very dangerous, just as dangerous. Nothing to lose.

This one could be a messy one too! Calling for rain.

I stand corrected. I forgot about their slip up. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Now, Gotgame, you seem to want to stir more than me. You have all the SC people mad at you now. Why don't YOU go positive for a change. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

papa tiger do yall open up with wayn county again next year

Lol I love pulling your chain...They are mad because I was questioning the coaching call of a td pass late in the 4th(6 or so mins to go) with the starting qb when leading 35-0...What really got them going is me saying that maybe this "dirty play" that SC has been accused of may actually come from the coach....(maybe not actually telling them to, but the attitude)...I think you and anyone who has no relevant ties would agree thats running the score up and pretty uncalled for..