Humboldt vs. Westview

frankieD12

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard it came down to the wire with this game. Also, I heard that there was a VERY questionable call on the punt return that went back for a touchdown for the Vikings. Good game though...Go Vikes!

no it wasnt a questionable call on the punt return my bestfriends mom tapes all the games and i watched it last night and it was an obvious block in the back and then a holding couple yards away.. sorry my friend

no it wasnt a questionable call on the punt return my bestfriends mom tapes all the games and i watched it last night and it was an obvious block in the back and then a holding couple yards away.. sorry my friend

Just because you say that someone taped it does not make it so. I have seen the field tape and the play is being sent to the TSSAA. The call that was made was clipping. the players helmet was in the front of the of the Westview player. There are two angles that it is clear. In addition, the referee's head was turned toward the punt returner and saw the the Westview player go down out of the corner of his eye. He had the throw the flag 15 yards to his right. AND by the way, there were three obvious takedowns by the fullback from Westview on Humboldt's linebackers that were not called. Should have been the same official's call. Oh and for your reference, the chain crew was admonished at halftime by the line judge for not stretching the chain when Martin had the ball. There was dirty pool. It is unfortunate when grown men (officials and chain crews) resort to this type of silly behaviour and then affect the outcome of the game. The punt return was a touchdown...period. And oh by the way, if your best friend's mom taped it... you had no angle to see it from the home side. Martin's coaches said that it was a clean play, also!!!! So there--- my friend!

"And oh by the way, if your best friend's mom taped it... you had no angle to see it from the home side. "

I have found over the years that the "angle" always depends on which side of the field you are on and whose

team the penalty was called on - "ours" or "yours" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

"And oh by the way, if your best friend's mom taped it... you had no angle to see it from the home side. "

I have found over the years that the "angle" always depends on which side of the field you are on and whose

team the penalty was called on - "ours" or "yours" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

very true