Division II Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well considering Ensworth is ranked 80th in the country by rivals(and is the only team from TN on there) and beat out the best in the state(MBA, who was ranked 37th at the highest) I would say you and stbulldogs or whatever his name is are just jealous, and jealous that your team doesnt match up. Oh and BA has nothing top talk abou this year they were THE MOST OVERHYPED team in TN this year, came in ranked 10th in the country by USA today and look at them now.

If I was EHS I wouldn't be in any hurry to play BA. They may have had a disappointing season by their standards, but their d-line is big, strong and fast. It is the best d-line I have seen, and would have the best chance to slow down EHS's running game. You are likely to get them in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Be careful what you wish for.

If I was EHS I wouldn't be in any hurry to play BA. They may have had a disappointing season by their standards, but their d-line is big, strong and fast. It is the best d-line I have seen, and would have the best chance to slow down EHS's running game. You are likely to get them in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Be careful what you wish for.

I agree. BA is probably tougher than their record indicates, and they are physical. If they can slow down Ensworth's rushing attack . . . and considerring that EHS has given up some yards and points defensively recently . . . could be very challenging.

Alex Bullard is definetly the best lineman in the DII. he's played against more competition than any other o-line man in the state probably. Prattvile has one on the top defenses in the nation is what i hear, and for him to hold their d-line shows he's good. As for back and kicker..its gotta be orleans from ensworth and fletcher from mBA kicking.

Not that impressed with Darkwa either.

He runs soft. Seems like he needs space. Has speed but not particularly shifty.

Not sure if he is healthy but I have seen better backs this year (Tate JPII, Tate BA)

Darkwa was carried off the field last week. Bowers was foolish in his play calling when he got hurt last week, and he is foolish to be playing him tonight. It will come back to bite him.

EHS' offense was pretty out of synch tonight early on, in large part because they had some starters playing on only one side of the ball. However, they kicked it into gear the moment (and I literally mean the moment) that they were back at full strength on offense. The only offensive lineman not playing for the Tigers until the 3rd quarter: Will Netterville. I think that speaks volumes to his presence both athletically and as a leader.

EHS' offense was pretty out of synch tonight early on, in large part because they had some starters playing on only one side of the ball. However, they kicked it into gear the moment (and I literally mean the moment) that they were back at full strength on offense. The only offensive lineman not playing for the Tigers until the 3rd quarter: Will Netterville. I think that speaks volumes to his presence both athletically and as a leader.

EHS put the game away and "kicked into gear" on 1) a 4th and 6 QB draw during which Tavarres was hit at the line and broke two tackles before he got the 1st down and then scooted another 20 yds to the end zone and 2) Two long passes over the heads of the Warren Co safeties who apparently forgot why they are called "safeties".

Not sure where #56 figured into any of these 3 plays. Take away just those 3 plays and it's still 15-7.

EHS put the game away and "kicked into gear" on 1) a 4th and 6 QB draw during which Tavarres was hit at the line and broke two tackles before he got the 1st down and then scooted another 20 yds to the end zone and 2) Two long passes over the heads of the Warren Co safeties who apparently forgot why they are called "safeties".

Not sure where #56 figured into any of these 3 plays. Take away just those 3 plays and it's still 15-7.

All I'm saying is that they didn't do that without him in the game, but they did do it with him. I didn't see anything specific, its just an observation.

He was also a force on the D-Line all night.

Ricky Bowers is not foolish.

Darkwa certainly is better at running straight forward, but when healthy he is capable of flashing a little agility and speed. He is most definitely a better back than Wesley Tate...it really isn't close in my opinion either.

Of course Jefferson won't be playing QB in college....but I think he could make a dang good DB in the ACC or SEC. Who cares what his throwing mechanics are, he's putting up numbers that are absurd and has that offense absolutely rolling.

Let the Ensworth fans thump their chests, they embarrassed MBA and got the win. However, BA will let you know how tough it is to beat MBA twice in one season... Heck in 2002 three teams (Baylor, MUS, and BA) that beat MBA early in the year fell to the Big Red as they went on to win the state title in Rutledge's first year at the helm. Hopefully we'll be lucky enough to see a EHS/MBA rematch in the playoffs.