Week 9 Big Games in Memphis

kwc

That's my point in a nutshell. Whitehaven was the better team on the field and that was evident to everybody who watched the game. Whitehaven's saftey can't fall asleep on a 4th and 9 play and let a receiver get behind him when we stuffed the triple option run ALL NIGHT. Germantown executed when the chips were down. Subsequently, Whitehaven drove the ball downfield in a manner of minutes for the game winning score and with about 20 something seconds left on the clock ... the OC went AWAY from what was working ... running the ball up the gut. Whitehaven had the game in their hands and didn't do the things that got them in that position in the first place. Whitehaven pushed Germantown all over the field ... the stats back that up. Don't get me wrong ... Germantown played a great game ... but in my opinion ... it was about what Whitehaven didn't do ... and not what Germantown did.

kwc, i know what you are saying. When you look from the outside the questions arise. Most thought going into the game Whitehaven was clearly better and should run away with it but then the final score comes and everyone starts analyzing what happened and how good are they, are they as good as we thought, Is Gtown way better than we thought. If you are able to look at your team objectively and know them well you tend to find all of the faults for the game ending the way it did to be yours and not the what the opponent did. Good Luck wk 10, won't need it this week.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kwc, i know what you are saying. When you look from the outside the questions arise. Most thought going into the game Whitehaven was clearly better and should run away with it but then the final score comes and everyone starts analyzing what happened and how good are they, are they as good as we thought, Is Gtown way better than we thought. If you are able to look at your team objectively and know them well you tend to find all of the faults for the game ending the way it did to be yours and not the what the opponent did. Good Luck wk 10, won't need it this week.

Cam6:

G-town won fair and square and Whitehaven didn't. It's as simple as that. Germantown played better when it mattered. Whitehaven will be OK.

I stand corrected. Hopefully we will get the opportunity to see them again with all our bullets for the gun.

DannyQ,

I honestly don't see Germantown being able to defeat Whitehaven, a 2nd time..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure, while they executed their Wishbone Offense flawlessly during the 1st meeting, they still did not move the ball at will against Whitehaven. The fact that Gtwn was so 1-dimensional (run) would hurt them even more, during a rematch.

While you, Kwc & I don't agree (that's perfectly Ok. Nothing wrong with that... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ) on the effectiveness of Gtwn's Triple-Option offense during that game, the fact remains that it did lead directly to Germantown's 2 TDs & subsequent victory over Whitehaven. Therefore, should a rematch occur...rest assured that the Whitehaven Coaching staff will have their defense even more prepared, to take away precisely those things with which Gtwn found success.

Should that happen, even just 25% better than before, where then does that leave Germantown's one-dimensional offense?

My answer is ... the odds are -- they would likely start firing blanks & come out on the short end of the stick. A loss.

On the other hand, since Whitehaven's offense is not one-dimensional, Germantown would find it more difficult to take away enough of Whitehaven's "bullets," in order to outshoot (outscore) them.

Germantown deserves 100% credit for earning their victory over Whitehaven. They did exactly everything that they needed to do, in all facets of the game, in order to pull out the upset. Most importantly, they needed to execute their Triple Option Offense to near-perfection, in order to have any kind of chance of winning. They did just that, as they converted many crucial 3rd & long and/or 4th down situation, enroute to both of their TDs.

I just don't see Germantown being able to duplicate that sort of (REQUIRED) high-degree of efficiency, during a rematch with Whitehaven. The odds are against it, frankly.