Gate City vs. South

2000southreb81

Guest footballfan100

good post and reply....by all!! Good to see the dads and MEN can "fess up" and admit their mistakes and be honest. I dont know the parties mentioned personally but i go to a few games of different schools every year. my favorite games included are TN High, South, DB. I have recently moved here and know parents at all schools. They all think their kids are treated diffferntly than others. Anyway---compusman seems to know alot about the South program and if he is the Fletcher's kids dad, then he prob knows what he is talking about if his son had an injury a few years ago..then if rebredneck is kin to the castle boy, then he is prob just overly anxious to see him do well also. Seems to me that all parties involved could learn from each other. If compusman, made a bad judgemental statement about some kind of sock deal (i guess he did because he admitted he was wrong to do it), im sure that is something we have all done in the past (make a bad judgement or comment that we dont mean).

I had noticed that the castle boy's name had been vacant for several weeks and was only made aware of his injury a week or so ago when he played in a jv game. If he is as good as has been mentioned, then rest assured he will get his chance to lead the team. Any coach worth his salt will play his best..But you dont try and fix something if it is working good in the start.

Just look at Mason Canty at TN High---i watched them a few times in the past weeks. He started the year out at QB and has been moved to allow for the Harmon boy to play QB. I am sure his pride was hurt, but when i watch him on the sideline, he is the first to congratulate Harmon on a good play. All the boys should support each other, but if they see everyone else complaining, they will also........

On a lighter note----

What game should be the best this weekend---i need to watch another good one?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I appologize ..just frustrate it seems Jordan has worked so hard and not being givin his fair share,once again I APOLOGIZE . For you BONNIE BLUE you need to know more about the situation before you start judging some one.

Red...I think you will find that Bonnie shoots first and asks questions later. Know anyone like that. Anyway, it's a good association to have when the bullets start flying.

Also, I 100% understand the frustration you are enduring. I was one of those parents that felt like my son should have been starting for South when he was in the 5th grade. I really did not come to grips with it until preseason this year. I thought Taylor was good last year but the difference between last year and this year is no comparison. My meaning is that if you think he is good now wait 'til he grows into the system. The future is bright for South. And patience is a virtue. I mean I have ulcers from watching Taylor struggle to get the chance to prove himself. So I know it is not easy. I mean it is not a one man show. Especially this year. Label who is most important...KK, Bradley, Taylor...so my point exactly. We have a true TEAM. And a team is what it will take to go all the way. I look forward to watching Jordan grow. All their futures are bright. No need to be on pins and needles in regard to competing with DB next year. We are ready now. Next year will be every bit as powerful as this year. His time will come and all will see his value...including me.

I appologize ..just frustrate it seems Jordan has worked so hard and not being givin his fair share,once again I APOLOGIZE . For you BONNIE BLUE you need to know more about the situation before you start judging some one.

Look who's talking. I know allllll about the details,facts and situation.. You just like to stir things up! You actually think your boy has put in just as much as the Juniors and 'Senior starters for this year. Stand in line and pay your dues.

Look who's talking. I know allllll about the details,facts and situation.. You just like to stir things up! You actually think your boy has put in just as much as the Juniors and 'Senior starters for this year. Stand in line and pay your dues.

OK, everybody needs to chill!!! Who are we, the Dallas Cowboys? Quit fighting with each other. First, I don't care if somebody is a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior. If they are the best player at their position, they should be on the field. As far as that's concerned, that's left up to our coaches.

Just a fan here and not a parent of anyone on the football team. I just wanted to say that I've heard everyone talking about JC and I'm excited to see him next year in the same backfield as BT. Tell him to just keep working hard because I for one could care less if he came from DB. He's a rebel now. I remember my friend telling me about the great QB and RB that South had as freshman a few years ago so I had to go see it for myself. It was Davenport and Fletcher. I remember thinking how great we were going to be when they were seniors. I was there at the DB game when TF broke his foot right in front of me. They've both waited their turns and now look at them. JC may not get as much playing time as you would like this year but he will find time next year. Maybe do something like Davenport did and play a little WR too. Just work hard. We're all behind every rebel 100%.

Lets see now, JC & BT from DB at QB and RB or WR. But who is Davenport?

Red...I think you will find that Bonnie shoots first and asks questions later. Know anyone like that. Anyway, it's a good association to have when the bullets start flying.

Also, I 100% understand the frustration you are enduring. I was one of those parents that felt like my son should have been starting for South when he was in the 5th grade. I really did not come to grips with it until preseason this year. I thought Taylor was good last year but the difference between last year and this year is no comparison. My meaning is that if you think he is good now wait 'til he grows into the system. The future is bright for South. And patience is a virtue. I mean I have ulcers from watching Taylor struggle to get the chance to prove himself. So I know it is not easy. I mean it is not a one man show. Especially this year. Label who is most important...KK, Bradley, Taylor...so my point exactly. We have a true TEAM. And a team is what it will take to go all the way. I look forward to watching Jordan grow. All their futures are bright. No need to be on pins and needles in regard to competing with DB next year. We are ready now. Next year will be every bit as powerful as this year. His time will come and all will see his value...including me.

GREAT POST...and by the way I've enjoyed watching Taylor this year,he is a great player and teammate from the way Jordan talks...he could walk on water,just joking..we have a great team this year with Beedle,Bradley,KK,Taylor leading the way,and what a great year Ty Garvin is having.This is just a great bunch to watch. GO REBELS!!!

OK, everybody needs to chill!!! Who are we, the Dallas Cowboys? Quit fighting with each other. First, I don't care if somebody is a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior. If they are the best player at their position, they should be on the field. As far as that's concerned, that's left up to our coaches.

AMEN...my fighting is over...its not worth it,Well theres just one more thing I've got to clear up with BonnieBlue,you made out like you got a thrill seeing Cassell sidelined...do you mean your glad he got hurt and had to have surgery if so you are one wicked lady ..and one more fact Cassell never once said he was going to start,but he did say he was going to give it all to try to,thats the way he has been raised to give 100% always.You know I was always told to never settle for number 2 because it's just the first loser,anyway just had to get that off my chest ...so have a great day my fight is over. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

AMEN...my fighting is over...its not worth it,Well theres just one more thing I've got to clear up with BonnieBlue,you made out like you got a thrill seeing Cassell sidelined...do you mean your glad he got hurt and had to have surgery if so you are one wicked lady ..and one more fact Cassell never once said he was going to start,but he did say he was going to give it all to try to,thats the way he has been raised to give 100% always.You know I was always told to never settle for number 2 because it's just the first loser,anyway just had to get that off my chest ...so have a great day my fight is over.

I think that any punting situation should be re evaluated and turned into a potential Ty Garvin situation. It's a percentage play. We should use it more than just the end zone.

I think that any punting situation should be re evaluated and turned into a potential Ty Garvin situation. It's a percentage play. We should use it more than just the end zone.

AMEN!!! Ty Garvin is hands down the best defensive player I have seen all year, and that includes Tenn High, DB, and Science Hill. (Although Clint Phillips isnt far behind!)

AMEN...my fighting is over...its not worth it,Well theres just one more thing I've got to clear up with BonnieBlue,you made out like you got a thrill seeing Cassell sidelined...do you mean your glad he got hurt and had to have surgery if so you are one wicked lady ..and one more fact Cassell never once said he was going to start,but he did say he was going to give it all to try to,thats the way he has been raised to give 100% always.You know I was always told to never settle for number 2 because it's just the first loser,anyway just had to get that off my chest ...so have a great day my fight is over. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Go back and read my post. your putting words in my mouth that were never there. Just for the record. I do not enjoy seeing any child getting hurt and not playing...Let's just agree that i don't resepect your opinions on just about anything and you feel the same about me. There feel better. And fact is according to the seasoned rebel players them selves, yes Cassell did run his mouth about starting prior to being injuried, you believe what makes you feel happy. just like you were leading to in a prior post a few day's ago. I call it like I see it. Everyone has there on opinion.