Gate City vs. South

2000southreb81

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many starters does South lose next season? Our offense will all but be gone, with the exception of a couple. I think defensively we'll return 7 or so.

Quincy, I commend your head coach or AD or whoever helped set this up. To me it shows that you guys are up for a great challenge. I'm still scratching my head as to why we would schedule this game. To me, it's a no win situation except for the $$$. We lose some key seniors after this year, but I feel we'll just reload next year. I'm biased of course. I tried to tell everyone this time last year that we would be as good or better this year and it has held true I believe. Same goes for next year. Coach Carter has built a solid program and we have a tremendous feeder system in Colonial Heights. Sullivan doesn't have the numbers but provides some very quality/hard nosed kids each year. I look for our program to be solid for years to come with Carter at the helm. We only hope to build a tradition that could someday rival what you have at Gate City. We look forward to what could become a friendly rivalry.

'09 Rebels will be just as good as '08...just different. The top 3 backfield contenders are BT, WW, and BH. And if Zack is back on the line then no worries.

What happened to Cassell....OH I forgot you hate him because he came from DB...YOU KNOW THAT LITTLE WISE COMMENT YOU MADE ABOUT THE SOCKS,at the JEFFERSON COUNTY scimmage..it must be a DB thing,you know its sad that you hate him when he is a class a kid that looks up to your son..MR.FLETCHER

What happened to Cassell....OH I forgot you hate him because he came from DB...YOU KNOW THAT LITTLE WISE COMMENT YOU MADE ABOUT THE SOCKS,at the JEFFERSON COUNTY scimmage..it must be a DB thing,you know its sad that you hate him when he is a class a kid that looks up to your son..MR.FLETCHER

i mean i think you need to settle down. . . . .

you are a jerk MR.REBELREDNECK .... IS HE YOUR GRANDSON OR SOME KIN? WHILE YOUR ARE AT IT... LETS HEAR YOUR REAL NAME. YOU'RE ON HERE TO JUST STIR UP TROUBLE. AS PART OF YOUR NAME INDICATES "REDNECK".. YOUR BELOVED CASSELL IS A LEDGION IN YOUR OWN MIND. YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS TELLING EVERYONE YOU ARE GOING TO START. WHERE IS HE NOW BIG BOY? FURTHERMORE "HATE" IS A VERY STRONG WORD. ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE NOT THE ONE WHO HATES THIS PERSON YOU ARE SO SURE YOU KNOW AS MR.FLETCHER?

Red...I will officially appologize for the sock comment. After all it was only a scrimmage. The "footie sock" attire has been a DB trademark for sometime. Even during regular season. I personally do not like it. I don't think it is becoming of a well dressed and diciplined football team. Scrimmage or not. 100 degree heat or not. And yes, he wasn't the only one wearing it. It, however, doesn't seem to detract from DB's prowess. So it is just that...my opinion. To me it is akin of playing with your jersey hanging out with no attempt to tuck it back in. Sometimes it's the little things. So officially, you have my appology for the sock comment.

As far as hating JC that is untrue. But young Sophmores sometimes overstep their bounds by things they say and do. Taylor has been guilty of this in the past as well. They are young and ambitious and they want to take on the world. It is understood. There were things said before and during spring practice and into the summer that are the kinds of things that come back to bite you. It's not for this board but suffice to say JC's ambition was as healthy as Taylor's or anyone elses's coming up through the ranks. The bottom line is some things just aren't said. There's an old saying...money talks. Well in this case the talking is done on the field.

I was sad when JC was injured...just as I was when BT took a leave of absence and much relieved when they both returned. Believe it or not I feel our complete RB corp is crucial to the teams well being in our quest to go deep into the playoffs.

Yes, I do know who you are and No, I will not call you out. It is just not done. Especially in your own camp. I am visible because I have allowed myself to be stripped of anonymity. That was due 100% to a bad attitude on my part in years past. So I take heat from people like you that like to tell the world who I am...for those that don't already know.

It is irrelevant because we need not argue within over opinions but instead should bolster our brood so as to come back even stronger the next year. That is my stance now as I have matured in my old age. I feel it is my responsibility as a Senior parent to set an example by demanding my son be the example. I feel he does a much better job of being a diplomat than I do.

You are upset that I didn't include JC in my selection for next years RB corp. There are reasons for that. In my view, you should instead to be combative with my opinion should ask my reasoning for my choices...in a civilized manner. I would be glad to explain why I feel the way I feel. I refuse to let your post infuriate me because I have hit a nerve with you more than once. So I advocate to you and especially because we are on the same side with the same goals to speak in a manner that is becoming of the admirable assemalation of young men that Stacy is empowering.

First of all JC has not had the opportunity neither in preseason nor since his return from injury to show his worth. He has only gotten to take a few handoffs and the result is inconclusive...at least in my view. I can sympathize with this unfortunate situation because Taylor broke his foot in the DB game of '06 not to return until week 10. I, chomping at the bit to get him on the field and make his statement would have shoved him out there had it been my decision to make. Fortunately, Stacy had the presence of mind to know his injury would take much more than 10 weeks to heal properly and only gave him an occasional carry at the end of the game. Knowing all the while that Taylors presense in '07 was the bigger picture and refused to chance reinjurying a very difficult heal. In the end he knew best. It took a full 8 months to heal completely...and yes it was a bad break. One that he still feels the presense of. So yes I feel that JC has not had ample time to show his signature. Meanwhile, the RB's I mentioned are proven. As we speak. In my opinion. And it is only my opinion. The darkhorse in that triage is BH but everytime he gets his hand on the ball he pushes the pile. He will be the next power runner at South. WW? I have never been an advocate of his, however the proof is in the pudding. He looks better and better in each game he gets touches. This I cannot deny. And BT...I don't think I need to explain this one. All of course in my opinion. And for JC? It's too early to tell. He needs more PT. Many times the instinct of being the type RB our O requires is readily visible. Not so with JC. I am not saying he is not a contender but instead am only stating that there is not enough data to support a decision. There is however enough data to support the other three choices I made.

One thing is for sure...you can't have enough RB's. There are more quantifiable RB's in the South stable as I'm sure you are aware. CS, DS and a couple more I can't remember the names. I would like nothing more than for JC to get in the game and get some much needed reps and show once and for all that he is the next premier RB at SS.

So please, accept my appology for the sock comment. And don't call me out anymore but instead come and introduce yourself to me and lets discuss these things like men. There is no need for our boys to have to read these negative things on here. Meanwhile Stacy is trying so hard to teach them a better way. I mean we can fight each other and be jealous and bitter with each other or we can bring home a Gold Ball.

Rebel Nation. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Red...I will officially appologize for the sock comment. After all it was only a scrimmage. The "footie sock" attire has been a DB trademark for sometime. Even during regular season. I personally do not like it. I don't think it is becoming of a well dressed and diciplined football team. Scrimmage or not. 100 degree heat or not. And yes, he wasn't the only one wearing it. It, however, doesn't seem to detract from DB's prowess. So it is just that...my opinion. To me it is akin of playing with your jersey hanging out with no attempt to tuck it back in. Sometimes it's the little things. So officially, you have my appology for the sock comment.

As far as hating JC that is untrue. But young Sophmores sometimes overstep their bounds by things they say and do. Taylor has been guilty of this in the past as well. They are young and ambitious and they want to take on the world. It is understood. There were things said before and during spring practice and into the summer that are the kinds of things that come back to bite you. It's not for this board but suffice to say JC's ambition was as healthy as Taylor's or anyone elses's coming up through the ranks. The bottom line is some things just aren't said. There's an old saying...money talks. Well in this case the talking is done on the field.

I was sad when JC was injured...just as I was when BT took a leave of absence and much relieved when they both returned. Believe it or not I feel our complete RB corp is crucial to the teams well being in our quest to go deep into the playoffs.

Yes, I do know who you are and No, I will not call you out. It is just not done. Especially in your own camp. I am visible because I have allowed myself to be stripped of anonymity. That was due 100% to a bad attitude on my part in years past. So I take heat from people like you that like to tell the world who I am...for those that don't already know.

It is irrelevant because we need not argue within over opinions but instead should bolster our brood so as to come back even stronger the next year. That is my stance now as I have matured in my old age. I feel it is my responsibility as a Senior parent to set an example by demanding my son be the example. I feel he does a much better job of being a diplomat than I do.

You are upset that I didn't include JC in my selection for next years RB corp. There are reasons for that. In my view, you should instead to be combative with my opinion should ask my reasoning for my choices...in a civilized manner. I would be glad to explain why I feel the way I feel. I refuse to let your post infuriate me because I have hit a nerve with you more than once. So I advocate to you and especially because we are on the same side with the same goals to speak in a manner that is becoming of the admirable assemalation of young men that Stacy is empowering.

First of all JC has not had the opportunity neither in preseason nor since his return from injury to show his worth. He has only gotten to take a few handoffs and the result is inconclusive...at least in my view. I can sympathize with this unfortunate situation because Taylor broke his foot in the DB game of '06 not to return until week 10. I, chomping at the bit to get him on the field and make his statement would have shoved him out there had it been my decision to make. Fortunately, Stacy had the presence of mind to know his injury would take much more than 10 weeks to heal properly and only gave him an occasional carry at the end of the game. Knowing all the while that Taylors presense in '07 was the bigger picture and refused to chance reinjurying a very difficult heal. In the end he knew best. It took a full 8 months to heal completely...and yes it was a bad break. One that he still feels the presense of. So yes I feel that JC has not had ample time to show his signature. Meanwhile, the RB's I mentioned are proven. As we speak. In my opinion. And it is only my opinion. The darkhorse in that triage is BH but everytime he gets his hand on the ball he pushes the pile. He will be the next power runner at South. WW? I have never been an advocate of his, however the proof is in the pudding. He looks better and better in each game he gets touches. This I cannot deny. And BT...I don't think I need to explain this one. All of course in my opinion. And for JC? It's too early to tell. He needs more PT. Many times the instinct of being the type RB our O requires is readily visible. Not so with JC. I am not saying he is not a contender but instead am only stating that there is not enough data to support a decision. There is however enough data to support the other three choices I made.

One thing is for sure...you can't have enough RB's. There are more quantifiable RB's in the South stable as I'm sure you are aware. CS, DS and a couple more I can't remember the names. I would like nothing more than for JC to get in the game and get some much needed reps and show once and for all that he is the next premier RB at SS.

So please, accept my appology for the sock comment. And don't call me out anymore but instead come and introduce yourself to me and lets discuss these things like men. There is no need for our boys to have to read these negative things on here. Meanwhile Stacy is trying so hard to teach them a better way. I mean we can fight each other and be jealous and bitter with each other or we can bring home a Gold Ball.

Rebel Nation. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I appologize ..just frustrate it seems Jordan has worked so hard and not being givin his fair share,once again I APOLOGIZE . For you BONNIE BLUE you need to know more about the situation before you start judging some one.

Already making excuses. What was Gate City thinking? This is going to be fun.

I'll post the roster below. You'll see it's the truth, not an "excuse". I'm assuming you can read a roster.

OFFENSE

LT 74 Daniel Jonas 5-10, 210 Sr

LG 53 Aaron Stokes 5-10, 280 Jr

C 54 Quinton Jones 6-5, 280 Sr

RT 77 Ty Frazier 6-3, 275 Sr

RG 71 Jason Begley 5-9, 215 Sr

TE 14 Jon Kern 6', 210 Sr

WR 6 Dustin Olson 6', 165 Sr

QB 12 Tihlee Anderson 5-8, 165 Sr

SB 8 Dustin Jones 6', 190 Sr, or Eric Hutchins 6-2, 212 Sr

HB 15 Dusty Clark 5-9, 170 So

FB 31 Joseph Vaughn 5-10, 175 So

P 8 Dustin Jones 6', 190 Sr

PK 10 Ked Byrd 5-10, 155 Sr

DEFENSE

E 52 Tyler Tiller 6-2, 210 Sr

E 41 Logan Russell 5-11, 170 So

NT 58 Owen Franklin 5-6, 155 Jr

T 55 AJ Johnson 5-9, 220 Jr

LB 23 Will Godsey 5-11, 155 Sr

LB 57 Cameron Browder 6', 205 Sr

LB 50 Seth Clark 5-9, 190 jSo

CB 8 Dustin Jones 6', 190 Sr

CB 22 Logan Byrd 5-9, 150 So

SS 15 Dusty Clark 5-9, 170 So

FS 24 Trey Clark 5-10, 170 Jr

Quincy, I commend your head coach or AD or whoever helped set this up. To me it shows that you guys are up for a great challenge. I'm still scratching my head as to why we would schedule this game. To me, it's a no win situation except for the $$$. We lose some key seniors after this year, but I feel we'll just reload next year. I'm biased of course. I tried to tell everyone this time last year that we would be as good or better this year and it has held true I believe. Same goes for next year. Coach Carter has built a solid program and we have a tremendous feeder system in Colonial Heights. Sullivan doesn't have the numbers but provides some very quality/hard nosed kids each year. I look for our program to be solid for years to come with Carter at the helm. We only hope to build a tradition that could someday rival what you have at Gate City. We look forward to what could become a friendly rivalry.

We scrimmaged South a couple of times in years past. This is a different South bunch though. They have a very good coaching staff in place now. We've played them in other sports in recent years also. I look for a huge crowd at both games. Hopefully it'll be competitive and we can keep the series going. For whoever said it's a no win situation for South, we played Central and Tennessee High for a few years and competed quite well. Don't sell us short just yet. GC will give 100%, as will South. I look forward to it.

We scrimmaged South a couple of times in years past. This is a different South bunch though. They have a very good coaching staff in place now. We've played them in other sports in recent years also. I look for a huge crowd at both games. Hopefully it'll be competitive and we can keep the series going. For whoever said it's a no win situation for South, we played Central and Tennessee High for a few years and competed quite well. Don't sell us short just yet. GC will give 100%, as will South. I look forward to it.

What I mean by "no win situation" Quincy is, if we win, we were supposed too, if we lose, how could we lose to a much smaller school. I know you guys can hang, but a lot of other people don't.

I appologize ..just frustrate it seems Jordan has worked so hard and not being givin his fair share,once again I APOLOGIZE . For you BONNIE BLUE you need to know more about the situation before you start judging some one.

Just a fan here and not a parent of anyone on the football team. I just wanted to say that I've heard everyone talking about JC and I'm excited to see him next year in the same backfield as BT. Tell him to just keep working hard because I for one could care less if he came from DB. He's a rebel now. I remember my friend telling me about the great QB and RB that South had as freshman a few years ago so I had to go see it for myself. It was Davenport and Fletcher. I remember thinking how great we were going to be when they were seniors. I was there at the DB game when TF broke his foot right in front of me. They've both waited their turns and now look at them. JC may not get as much playing time as you would like this year but he will find time next year. Maybe do something like Davenport did and play a little WR too. Just work hard. We're all behind every rebel 100%.