District 14AAA

Jumpshot

I saw Bartlett scrimmage Collierville saturday. First off, Collierville looked very unathletic and really didn't know much of what was going on. I will say that both teams scrimmaged with freshman first, then jv, then last with the varsity. Bartlett dominated in all three. I will have to figure out the young man's name, but Barltett has a freshman from Shadowlawn Middle School that starts on the Varsity Team. He is the best Bartlett has seen since Jonathan Loe!!! Great things to come for the Panthers!!!!

Which means he will be at Briarcrest for his sophmore season, Right?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Bartlett scrimmage Collierville saturday. First off, Collierville looked very unathletic and really didn't know much of what was going on. I will say that both teams scrimmaged with freshman first, then jv, then last with the varsity. Bartlett dominated in all three. I will have to figure out the young man's name, but Barltett has a freshman from Shadowlawn Middle School that starts on the Varsity Team. He is the best Bartlett has seen since Jonathan Loe!!! Great things to come for the Panthers!!!!

That young man's name is Anthlon Bell. He will be a lot of fun to watch.

Keeping in mind this was a scrimmage and nobody was showing all their cards so to speak. The freshman were fantastic but they still have a lot of work to do. This is a very talented class. JV is always in flux with guys coming up from Freshman and coming down from Varsity but they played great saturday as well. I wouldn't exactly say they dominated the varsity game, at least not all of it. It was, though, a very solid win for a young bunch of players. The Panthers had a great start and kept playing hard. The guys did an excellent job of closing out the game and I was impressed with how everyone kept their composure when Collierville cut it to 5 late in the game. Last year, that's a game situation where Bartlett likely lost. This is a new year. A new start. I know all the coaches are very excited about the season.

That young man's name is Anthlon Bell. He will be a lot of fun to watch.

Keeping in mind this was a scrimmage and nobody was showing all their cards so to speak. The freshman were fantastic but they still have a lot of work to do. This is a very talented class. JV is always in flux with guys coming up from Freshman and coming down from Varsity but they played great saturday as well. I wouldn't exactly say they dominated the varsity game, at least not all of it. It was, though, a very solid win for a young bunch of players. The Panthers had a great start and kept playing hard. The guys did an excellent job of closing out the game and I was impressed with how everyone kept their composure when Collierville cut it to 5 late in the game. Last year, that's a game situation where Bartlett likely lost. This is a new year. A new start. I know all the coaches are very excited about the season.

Bartlett will play Manassas 2day lets see what Bartlett is really about.

Legend will give it to you like it is!!!!

As will I. See you there Legend

Bartlett will be 1 of the last teams in this district. Manassas was without Buckner and Anthony Dorsey both starting bigs and stll won by 18pts. if buckner played Manassas would have won by 40pts. Manassas really didnt look great 2day but still won by 18.

Bartlett will be 1 of the last teams in this district. Manassas was without Buckner and Anthony Dorsey both starting bigs and stll won by 18pts. if buckner played Manassas would have won by 40pts. Manassas really didnt look great 2day but still won by 18.

I believe it was 14 in the end and the game was closer than that most of the way. I could be wrong on the final but I was only keeping stats for Bartlett so I wasn't paying much attention. I still don't think Bartlett will be among the last teams in 14-AAA. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

Is Buckner ok? Hope he's healthy for the season.

I believe it was 14 in the end and the game was closer than that most of the way. I could be wrong on the final but I was only keeping stats for Bartlett so I wasn't paying much attention. I still don't think Bartlett will be among the last teams in 14-AAA. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

he ok just no need to push him. Manassas 1st game not till dec 2nd.

Bolton

ra-Egypt

Craigmont

Cordova

I just dont see yall beating any of these teams.

This is off topic so I apologize. I know you are a Tiger fan. I went to the Memphis/Fairfiled game last night. The Tiger defense looked good for the most part...forced 23 turnovers but Fairfiled shot 50% FG. About a few of the question marks going into this game: Tyreke Evans is a major impact player(led the team in scoring) nothing that would lead me to believe he is a selfish player like some have implied (I never believed that anyway), Niles and Taggert looked good up front, and Kemp looked much more confident than last season when he was looking over his shoulder. Taggert had a double double. The other freshmean showed flashes but on balance were typical of what you would see from young players at this level. I don't put alot of stock in beating Fairfield but a win is a win. Fairfield is not bad though and they are D1...I bet they have a very good shot to win there league. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!