Notre Dame vs Signal Mtn

bear cat brown

Surely, you gents that follow Everyones Favorite Team, The Irish of Notre Dame, will post a score from last nights game, or will the result bring out the haters of a team whippin up on another ?

It seems that in kick ball you must play nice and make sure that everyone leaves the game feeling good about their team. I will take this to the wrestling board and see how I am received.

Congilio, next time you are kicking butt in your cross country, how about slowing down and letting little timmy lupus , catch up with you, so he and his mommie and daddy can tell everyone that their boy almost beat you.

With CCS up next, and the return of the petite yet intense Logan Mays, how do the experts see this game panning out?

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Go Lady Irish

Surely, you gents that follow Everyones Favorite Team, The Irish of Notre Dame, will post a score from last nights game, or will the result bring out the haters of a team whippin up on another ?

It seems that in kick ball you must play nice and make sure that everyone leaves the game feeling good about their team. I will take this to the wrestling board and see how I am received.

Congilio, next time you are kicking butt in your cross country, how about slowing down and letting little timmy lupus , catch up with you, so he and his mommie and daddy can tell everyone that their boy almost beat you.

With CCS up next, and the return of the petite yet intense Logan Mays, how do the experts see this game panning out?

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Go Lady Irish

BCB,

the score was posted (9-0), along with a link to a brief article on Chattanoogan. http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_137521.asp

BTW, I thought the SM players generally played their game with a lot of class, keeping up with the intensity and the effort throughout the game. The SM goalie did a great job with a number of very good saves. In spite of SM fan's calls to "take 'em out" etc, the SM players generally didn't resort to cheap fouls. The SM soccer program will only improve in the years ahead....

BCB, I'm with you on the "slowing down and not scoring so as not to hurt somebody's feelings" argument.

I notice that Signal Mountain didn't worry too much about it on Monday night when they beat East Ridge 11-0. A very quick look at the records for this year shows two top programs -- one with 5 10+ wins, and one with 6 10+ wins. Whether or not you are playing your bench is certainly a valid question, but at this point in the year, it's the post-season, and IMO the gloves should be off. You should use your bench more so to rest your starters and to lesson the chance of them getting hurt and also to continue to develop the rest of the team.

As far as the ND vs. CCS matchup, it should be another good game. I suspect CCS will once again load up on the defensive side of the field, and try to shut down ND's offense, and hope to get a break on an offensive opportunity. Logan is back, with probably 30 minutes or so of playing time in the Hixson game. She showed her usual speed, but seemed to shy away from most of the opportunities for tight contact (who can blame her).

I'll start the predictions, with ND winning 3-0.

Go Lady Irish

BCB,

Noticed that ER score myself. Wonder if we'll see a letter to the paper about it.

Anyway, Signal Mtn. played hard and it was a good showing for the two teams in the future. ND played with 6 and sometimes 7 freshmen on the field for much of the game and represented themselves well.

BCB,

Noticed that ER score myself. Wonder if we'll see a letter to the paper about it.

Anyway, Signal Mtn. played hard and it was a good showing for the two teams in the future. ND played with 6 and sometimes 7 freshmen on the field for much of the game and represented themselves well.

WOW ...I wished we had that many freshmen on varsity with the team that ND has this year. Future looks bright for you good fellows.

Playing at ND with fresh painted lines LOL with their tight field will allow CCS to really pack it in. ND 1 CCS 0 ,but I would not be surprised by a 3-0 ND win.

You may be right. The field is certainly smaller, which should help CCS. Logan back is also a plus for CCS. The ND win over CCS just 2 weeks ago is a plus for ND. CCS not playing at home for them seems a big negative.

Since ND and CCS have been in the same district (this is the 4th year), they have played 8 times, with ND's record over CCS being 6-1-1. The 3 previous district finals have been ND vs. CCS, and ND has won all 3. It will be a very competitive game, no doubt, and ND must not take anything for granted.

Well actually I think it has been 9 meetings of ND vs CCS, with ND at 6-2-1. Any game with CCS will always make me nervous, think it will be close, it's not often that 3 goals are ever scored against their keeper. Just hope it doesn't go to PK's (remember 2005 playoffs?)

I stand corrected 6-2-1. I missed one of the 2005 matches. 2005 was a great year for the rivalry. CCS beat ND in main part of the season, then it goes to a 0-0 through 2OT in the district final, only to be decided on PK's (ND won that one). A week later, another 2OT game, ending 1-1, again being decided by PK's (CCS won that one).

I agree that Leah is a great GK, and to score 3 on her will take a great deal of skill... and luck (of the irish).

Go Lady Irish

The box score is in today's Times Free Press