Lexington at TCA

Stockerd

Umm, they have played the Jackson teams. USJ/JCS have both played and beaten North Side/South Side in recent years. Maybe Liberty, too? Not sure. Don't know why they would play JCM, they're terrible and the gate would be worse. The gates and competition from Milan, Westview, Humboldt, etc. are much better than the Jackson public schools which don't have as much fan support. Also, JCS and USJ are 2A schools. The teams in Memphis/Nashville that USJ/JCS play are better teams with better athletes than the other Jackson schools have right now. I really don't see what you're point is. If you're trying to compare the strength of schedule between USJ and Lexington, I would suggest choosing another topic of discussion.

When did JCS beat SouthSide? Not the year they won state because they got the taste knocked out of they mouth when they went to SS that year. USJ beat them a few times years ago. You are wrong about the gate money SS brings a ton of fans and Liberty has a good following that will get even better after this season. So maybe TCA will step up to the plate and play the Jackson public schools. I think it will be some exciting games. Anyways Congrats on the big win. Now for the Big Red get ready for the Hawks we'll be flying in next friday for the region title, I can't wait.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did JCS beat SouthSide? Not the year they won state because they got the taste knocked out of they mouth when they went to SS that year. USJ beat them a few times years ago. You are wrong about the gate money SS brings a ton of fans and Liberty has a good following that will get even better after this season. So maybe TCA will step up to the plate and play the Jackson public schools. I think it will be some exciting games. Anyways Congrats on the big win. Now for the Big Red get ready for the Hawks we'll be flying in next friday for the region title, I can't wait.

JCS beat the Hawks in 2005. the year before they won the State Championship. The Hawks responded with a thorough thrashing of JCS in 2006. Congats TCA on an impresive season.

Congrats to the Lions.

From The Jackson Sun -

Washington completed 13 of 18 passes for 164 yards and two touchdowns, both to Whitsitt.

Lexington has got to defend the pass better. Plain and simple.

Also, please note, Lexington "fans" have not been running their mouth about school size all week. Make sure that you are correct in saying Lexington "fan" BigRedTiger has been running his. Most of us realize that school size is only one factor is being a good team and TCA has built a nice program in Jackson.

Your not getting the big picture here. I'm talking about 3A/4A football against private school 1A football. Has TCA played teams like Liberty, Hardin Co (both 4A) or Humboldt this season........no. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> The kind of speed and the kind athletes these school have is not down in the 1A class. The Tigers have played big, fast teams every week this season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Let me make myself clear about this. I'm not talking about a team with one or two fast players i'm talking about the WHOLE team is fast. TCA does have the athlete's to beat Humboldt or a Liberty Tech. Why don't you guys schedule more teams from Jackson like: Southside, JCM, Liberty or Northside?? /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I have respect for your team and 1A football but you not seeing the kinds of ahletes we play every Friday night.

Good luck to both teams!!

I bet he is REALLY wishing TCA would schedule other teams this morning /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i would like to make several points

1. humbolt is terrible this year and the top 3 teams in our region would beat them

2.Solomon 2 other people have been on this thread saying lexington was too much for 1a teams and last night the lexington players ran out to the cheer : "3a 3a 3a 3a 3a"... this definitely falls into the running your mouth category in my opinion

3.if BIGRED is going to say the stuff he has he should be willing to get on here and correct his mistakes... however i highly doubt we'll hear from him anytime soon and if we do it will be nothing but excuses

my last point

4.BIGRED dont ever get on here and say something about school size again... as we continue to prove to you it means nothing and as far as scheduling goes... why doesnt lexington schedule usj jcs fayette academy and manassas??? i really wanna know the answer to that

i would like to make several points

1. humbolt is terrible this year and the top 3 teams in our region would beat them

2.Solomon 2 other people have been on this thread saying lexington was too much for 1a teams and last night the lexington players ran out to the cheer : "3a 3a 3a 3a 3a"... this definitely falls into the running your mouth category in my opinion

3.if BIGRED is going to say the stuff he has he should be willing to get on here and correct his mistakes... however i highly doubt we'll hear from him anytime soon and if we do it will be nothing but excuses

my last point

4.BIGRED dont ever get on here and say something about school size again... as we continue to prove to you it means nothing and as far as scheduling goes... why doesnt lexington schedule usj jcs fayette academy and manassas??? i really wanna know the answer to that

Thought I'd give you an update on more 3A stuff. Manassas played Frayser last night and held on to win 20-12 after leading at half 20-0. Sheffield, who is tied for the lead with Mitchell in 8AAA, who beat Mighty CBHS, had to go to doulbe OT last week to beat Frayser - I say this to let you know Frayser isn't horrible - they are REALLY big and fast. In addition, Manassas has not 2, but 5 defensive starters that did not dress meaning Manassas had three freshmen, three Sophs, three Juniors, and 2 seniors starting on defense last night. Poor 1A, how ca we possibly compete?

Also, just to clear up 1 point that has been made 4 or 5 times in the past weeks during differnt conversations, Manassas did NOT combine with another school. I don't know how this rumor started, but it is untrue. Westside HighSchool shut down two years ago and Manassas got 12 students, 3 played football. They have graduated now. The reason for the jump in enrollment has nothing to do with this "combined schhol" theory. Manassas has a brand new school that opened less than a year ago. It is a beautiful, state of the art facility. Parents are flocking to get their kids in, but that only happens in the freshman class. SO, just so you all know, the freshman class at Manassas is larger than the Soph, Junior, and senior classes combined. So, yes, their is a huge spike in enrollment which pushes us to 3A next year, but it is all freshman who don't have that much of an impact on our football team - just thought Id clear it up.

yes i heard about that game... my point is id love to see lexington play manassas because many of their fans seemed to think that tca shutting down james king meant he was a joke

Oh, I understand... and that is fine - We are VERY used to being overlooked, underated, thought of as undisciplined, and everything else like that. I was just agreeing with you and pointing out that these 3AAA teams have a very uneducated view of us in 1A. Sure, there are some very small schools in 1A that shouldn't even be on the field with some 3AAA schools. However, the top half of us - TCA, MAN, FAYETTE, - can both play with and beat these teams. In the last three years, Manassas has played Ripley, Crockett, Milan, Brownsville, Bolivar - just to name a few. Other than Bolivar, Manassas lost, but competed. Then Manassas plays Fayette and TCA - Manassas has perspective because of scheduling. There is simply not that big of a difference abd the 3AAA teams don't seem to get it, untill of course we spank them like last night - and them they shut up untill next year when we get to hear it all over again, and shut them up again.

By the way, you did beat Manassas, but I'm not sure you could call what happened "shutting down" James King. Clearly your kids played VERY hard, and you did stop King on the two point conversion to keep the 1 point win, but he had 175 or so.

Anyway, no need to argue that point - congrats on the win last night and a very good "rebuilding" year - it is scary to think what 1A is going to face when you guys actually get it built.