District 13 AA

wtspfan

WOW!! I'm amazed and shocked that so many people on here KNOW me /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It's all about credibility in this business and don't think for a minute that GC is not a state tourney contender. Yes all my Lady Pioneer fans out there know they have the depth and experience coming back from the state tourney team of a year ago. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> This is a long haul to tourney time and even though some didn't think Milan was the best team last season, when it came to the post-season, they won when they had to and wound up in the state title game and had an excellent shot to win in the 4th quarter /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Point being, they came together in the post-season when it counted the most. Westview seems to have that type of makeup this year in playing hard and being competitive in the regular season- maybe not a top finish - BUT when post-season begins, they have the clutch player in Rechis and great half-court defense to keep teams down and have a chance to win in the end...

Again- the most you can get from this district to the ELITE 8 in the 'BORO' in March is two teams and , like last year, I forsee two more from 13AA back in the big dance-- The Lady Chargers could be a sleeper and fly under the radar and don't think for a minute that those Lady Rebs aren't in the mix come post-season as well /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

RECOGNIZE!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I to believe that Westview will take the dist. because of the talent they have coming back, I have seen all these girls play and although between gc & westview it will be a great game, i'm not a Charger fan or a Pioneer fan just looking at what i see, and I see westview winning. I don't believe redbird say anything about 3rd place, he say a "CONTENDER" FOR 2nd place, which I also agree with. Of course "ANYTHING" can happen on any given night, so sHarshaw there is a possiblity Your team could win. Just an opinion, you know about "OPINIONS" Good Luck to ALL 13aa teams this year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I know redbird "PERSONALLY" AND he doesn't "HATE" ANYBODY" Not even the "Braves" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Actually he said GC and OC will fight it out for 2nd and 3rd... which means GC could get third which if you go back and read my post is what i argued against.... key word being "could!!!!!!" And I feel saying GC being possibly 3rd is jst NUTS! And by the way GC is not "my team"... lol... not aa big fan of the school, but I do know all of the parties involved with the girls team obviously (if you know who i am) and feel that from players to coaches they are far and away the best in the region. Just an opinion. lol

WOW!! I'm amazed and shocked that so many people on here KNOW me /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It's all about credibility in this business and don't think for a minute that GC is not a state tourney contender. Yes all my Lady Pioneer fans out there know they have the depth and experience coming back from the state tourney team of a year ago. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> This is a long haul to tourney time and even though some didn't think Milan was the best team last season, when it came to the post-season, they won when they had to and wound up in the state title game and had an excellent shot to win in the 4th quarter /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Point being, they came together in the post-season when it counted the most. Westview seems to have that type of makeup this year in playing hard and being competitive in the regular season- maybe not a top finish - BUT when post-season begins, they have the clutch player in Rechis and great half-court defense to keep teams down and have a chance to win in the end...

Again- the most you can get from this district to the ELITE 8 in the 'BORO' in March is two teams and , like last year, I forsee two more from 13AA back in the big dance-- The Lady Chargers could be a sleeper and fly under the radar and don't think for a minute that those Lady Rebs aren't in the mix come post-season as well /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

RECOGNIZE!!!

True, but i will say this, a lot of the state tourney depends on seating in the brackets. Last year GC was in the hardest bracket by far. Had Milan and GC been switched then the outcome would have as well most likely. Not to take anything away from Milan. When its down to 8 the best two teams rarely ever actually play in the finals b/c they meet in the first two rounds.

I honestly feel that the next two or three years for Lady Pioneer basketball will be a very interesting. Gc truly has the making of a state championship team. And as many other have said the coaching staff is arguably one of the best since GCHS opened the doors in 1981. LAst year the Lady Pioneers shocked a lot of people and opened some eyes. This year with all eyes on GC i am confident that they will not let anyone down. As far as predicting a record, i would like to see the Lady Pioneers go undefeated but again as somebody said in an earlier post, teams have off nights. But i can say that Gc will not lose more than 2 game in the regular season. The only team that may be able to pull off a win would be Westview, any other loss would honestly just be a toss up and and declared an upset. I have total faith that the GC will make it past the first round of state this year. But im not gonna be the one that jinxes them. Mostly all we know are teams around here. It's a whole new game up at MTSU. But rest assured this will b a great year for girls basketball, not just at GC but for all of District 13 AA, it's been said before but this is truly a loaded district that is young. But Next year when all these girls turn seniors will be a sad year because it will be the last for them, but it will be very exciting as well. Good luck to all the teams and get ready for a great season!

I honestly feel that the next two or three years for Lady Pioneer basketball will be a very interesting. Gc truly has the making of a state championship team. And as many other have said the coaching staff is arguably one of the best since GCHS opened the doors in 1981. LAst year the Lady Pioneers shocked a lot of people and opened some eyes. This year with all eyes on GC i am confident that they will not let anyone down. As far as predicting a record, i would like to see the Lady Pioneers go undefeated but again as somebody said in an earlier post, teams have off nights. But i can say that Gc will not lose more than 2 game in the regular season. The only team that may be able to pull off a win would be Westview, any other loss would honestly just be a toss up and and declared an upset. I have total faith that the GC will make it past the first round of state this year. But im not gonna be the one that jinxes them. Mostly all we know are teams around here. It's a whole new game up at MTSU. But rest assured this will b a great year for girls basketball, not just at GC but for all of District 13 AA, it's been said before but this is truly a loaded district that is young. But Next year when all these girls turn seniors will be a sad year because it will be the last for them, but it will be very exciting as well. Good luck to all the teams and get ready for a great season!

The only question mark for Gibson County with all that talent and depth is will they stay together as a team. Will everybody put team first and not get her nose out of joint over playing time. There's only so many minutes. Of course, you could play a lot of pressure defense and rotate often.

As the parent of a high school student/athlete I'm always amazed how many tremendously talented teams go down the tubes and underachieve because parents (who always know more than the coaches) poison their kids minds over issues like playing time. And by the way, college coaches go to see players in action because they are looking for certain attributes, not the stats in the paper. Coaches know what they want/need in their programs and they aren't stupid, they can project a high school athletes chances of helping them.

Off my soapbox now.

Hope Gibson County has a great run. The Lady Pioneers are always tough.

Guest nwtnsports

redbirdfan has a point. It may be that the regular season champion doesn't win the tournament, like last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see that again, with the talent and strong teams at the top.

The only question mark for Gibson County with all that talent and depth is will they stay together as a team. Will everybody put team first and not get her nose out of joint over playing time. There's only so many minutes. Of course, you could play a lot of pressure defense and rotate often.

As the parent of a high school student/athlete I'm always amazed how many tremendously talented teams go down the tubes and underachieve because parents (who always know more than the coaches) poison their kids minds over issues like playing time. And by the way, college coaches go to see players in action because they are looking for certain attributes, not the stats in the paper. Coaches know what they want/need in their programs and they aren't stupid, they can project a high school athletes chances of helping them.

Off my soapbox now.

Hope Gibson County has a great run. The Lady Pioneers are always tough.

Take it from an inside source. there will be NO dissention among any of the main players there. All those girls get along really well and are truly friends on and off the court. There may be on or two quit here and there but like i said, it wont be any one of the main 10 - 12. I dont know about the transfer from OC... that could throw a littel kink in teh system but the GC girls from last year wont have any problems sharing or doing whatever is asked of them even if its sit a little longer on teh bench than theyd like.

westview cant play with gc... sorry but its fact. they will be lucky to play within ten... i know this sounds somewhat cocky but i will guarentee anyone that at least three freshman that won't get significant minutes for gc would probably start for any other team in district 13aa or at least see SIGNIFICANT minutes... there really aren't enough minutes to go around... reminds me of the undefeated team they had a few years back... and yeah good luck to westview trying to slow down butler... haha sharshaw will vouch for that one... she's the hardest working girl player i've ever seen... ALWAYS in the gym

westview cant play with gc... sorry but its fact. they will be lucky to play within ten... i know this sounds somewhat cocky but i will guarentee anyone that at least three freshman that won't get significant minutes for gc would probably start for any other team in district 13aa or at least see SIGNIFICANT minutes... there really aren't enough minutes to go around... reminds me of the undefeated team they had a few years back... and yeah good luck to westview trying to slow down butler... haha sharshaw will vouch for that one... she's the hardest working girl player i've ever seen... ALWAYS in the gym

wouldnt say the hardest I"ve ever seen but right up there tied with a few of em. Whitney Baird, the girl that played for bethel... little guard with a funky looking shot but could light it up (she graduated in 2003 bf i got there but i saw her in the gym at GC shooting everytime i walked in the place). Butler is a workhorse though and just has some natural athletic ability and cognitive skills that you just cant coach! DISTRICT MVP and a great young lady who could also go to college on a Cross Country scholarship if she wasnt so good at basketball

Well, I have to say I too know redbirdfan, know him well, and we'll be in a gym near you soon. He has many good points to his take on the always TOUGH 13AA. But we do differ some on this.....

I feel that the upper hand shifted to GC when Reedy transfered, even though Westview returns everyone. OC will be in the mix as well, it would not be wise to think that they will free fall to 5th as I saw someone pick. I do not think that anyone will survive the reg. season without a district loss, and it is also very likely that the reg. season champs may not win the tournament. As for picking the All District players, it is way to early.

it should be a very interesting season in 13AA, and yes I also think two teams from our district will make the trip to the 'boro. Which two? we'll see......... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I have to say I too know redbirdfan, know him well, and we'll be in a gym near you soon. He has many good points to his take on the always TOUGH 13AA. But we do differ some on this.....

I feel that the upper hand shifted to GC when Reedy transfered, even though Westview returns everyone. OC will be in the mix as well, it would not be wise to think that they will free fall to 5th as I saw someone pick. I do not think that anyone will survive the reg. season without a district loss, and it is also very likely that the reg. season champs may not win the tournament. As for picking the All District players, it is way to early.

it should be a very interesting season in 13AA, and yes I also think two teams from our district will make the trip to the 'boro. Which two? we'll see......... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think in the end the cream will rise at tourney time but does anybody see any upsets / stumbling blocks along the way for the Big Three?