District 13 AA

wtspfan

IF GC does stumble, it won't be that big of a fall. As long as our top 6 girls stay healthy, I got my money on GC.

Westview was not very deep last year. Outside of Grace Ann and Amber there was limited scoring with the exception of a couple of games. The PG is decent but when put up against a stout press she tends to fold. I'll say that Westview will go as Grace Ann and Amber go. An injury to either of those 2 will be a STUMBLE for that team.

For OC, they will go as Fuzzell goes. Chassidy Fuzzell is probably one of the most if not the most athletic girl in 13AA. She can flat out shoot the ball! They lost quite a bit from last years team!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah!! I see I've planted some seeds of discussion here- watered them - and they've grown into a great debate on who is tops and who is the best in 13AA.. VOREBS made some good points (by the way you're buying the popcorn this season /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ) GC ran into a very tough team in the BORO last season who played an outstanding state tourney game. Don't let the poor showing take away from the great run the Lady Pioneers had last season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I was very impressed the entire post-season with the Play of Heather Butler and how she adopted and ran the offense that was implemented by McMillan and wife /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Every team would be lucky to start a team with such a poised young lady at the Point Guard spot as her. My earlier posts here on how Westview will make a play for the top spot is based on the talent and returning players in Lady Charger country. D'burg is young but will have some talent returning and don't think for a minute that Milan won't be competitive because Poston and Gray left- they still have talent coming back. As for the Lady Rebs- yes- Chassidy leads a young team on the floor but quite a few FR. will make an impact early and will open some eyes in 13AA- I still look forward to all games in this district because the teams play such fundamentally sound basketball and that's a relection on the talent in the area and the coaches that are on the sidelines.

I just watched Westview in a scrimmage yesterday. They are a good team, they play defense and they are aggressive. I want to change my opinion on one thing, they will beat Gibson County sometime this year. Westview has other players besides Amber and Grace Ann and they will get after you. Sara Olds has improved more than anybody on their team. They also have some freshmen that will contribute this year. Shaun Stephenson has got them playing well. Gibson County had better not take Westview lightly.

I just watched Westview in a scrimmage yesterday. They are a good team, they play defense and they are aggressive. I want to change my opinion on one thing, they will beat Gibson County sometime this year. Westview has other players besides Amber and Grace Ann and they will get after you. Sara Olds has improved more than anybody on their team. They also have some freshmen that will contribute this year. Shaun Stephenson has got them playing well. Gibson County had better not take Westview lightly.

Is Westview shooting from outside the arc or are they taking the ball down low some?

LOL, GC returns practically their whole team back as well! We beat Westview by 18, 12, and 5 last year. We lost a starter in Jennilee Pate but she's replaced by a quicker and better Aubrey Reedy!!!!! I just don't see us losing to Westview this year and I'm not being biased when I say it. I'd say they are capable if they have a great game and we have a bad game, but I don't see many bad games from the Lady Pioneers this year.

I watched Westview today as well as OC. Rechis can flat out shoot the ball! Grace Ann seems to have beefed up in muscle some. Also, BB Brooks the PG, seems to have lost some weight and has really picked her game up. She played pretty well today! Coach Stephenson has things going on good down there! I can't wait for some more classic GC/Westview games! I've seen alot of them and you can never get enough of 'em.

OC goes as Fuzzell goes. OC's guards, outside of Fuzzell, are really not that great compared to the rest of the District. Their post players are tall, but kind of soft. Fuzzell's ball handling today was veryyyy nice! She made some killer crossover's against a very athletic Millington team. I think OC finishes at #3 in the District. I wish Milan would've played at Westview today so the 13AA teams would've been together. All in all, this was a great play-day and Westview did a good job of putting it on!

It could happen, remember your state tournament game. Amber Rechis can beat teams single handed but she has help, alot more help than I realized. I know how good Gibson County is and I'm a Gibson County supporter. I'm just saying it could happen and I had originally said it wouldnt happen.

lol i dont think u can compare westview to the team gc ran into at state last year...