USJ vs. Gibson County

theNEWprototype

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends which Gibson Co. team shows up tomorrow. If the team that showed up against TCA shows up tomorrow night GC could keep it pretty close. I think this rain that we are having is in benefit to GC. A slick football always makes it harder to catch for USJ's receivers. GC relies solely on the running game, however we have passed alot more these past 2 weeks with a different QB in. GC's DB's better be ready to go all night and our DLine better not forget that USJ can run the ball if needed. I hope we play well tomorrow night and I hope USJ's passing game turns out to be horrible with a slick football! With all that being said, see ya'll tomorrow night in Jackson!

There is no question that USJ will score. They are just too good not to. The questionis can GC's offense keep them in the game all night. If GC could match USJ score by score, it could be a very good ball game considering that GC loves to play keep away and have long drives down field. Overby can't make plays if he does not have the ball in his hand. If GC's offensive plan works tomorrow night, this game could be alot closer thanpeople expect.

There is no question that USJ will score. They are just too good not to. The questionis can GC's offense keep them in the game all night. If GC could match USJ score by score, it could be a very good ball game considering that GC loves to play keep away and have long drives down field. Overby can't make plays if he does not have the ball in his hand. If GC's offensive plan works tomorrow night, this game could be alot closer thanpeople expect.

They can't and they won't!

Bruins win this game by 28+.

And, the sun is shining here in North Jackson.

I'm concerned about Gibson County's speedy backs. I understand there are at least two if not three that are super fast. Wasn't the Westview-Gibson Co. score pretty high? Since, no rain and the field is fairly dry, I pick USJ by 7-10. However, you never know because last week was very physical for the kids- however, they are a very resilient bunch. Good luck to both teams and hopefully no injuries.

It got ugly quickly. 28-0 at end of first quarter and I think 35-0 at halftime. Final score 42-12 (I think) It was cold and I left game before end of 3rd quarter when the second string started playing. I was afraid of a let down after last week, but saw none. I do not remember GC getting a first down until the 2nd quarter. USJ punted once in first half, all other drives were touchdowns.

Way to go Bruins !!!!

This did get ugly very quick. We fumbeled and through way to interceptions to keep ourself within distance of any team we would've played this year. I know the QB through 3-4 interceptions and we had 2-3 fumbeles that were lost. 6-7 turnovers are not going to help us win any football game. Gibson Co. did lay SEVERAL big hits tonight as did USJ. It was a hard hitting game for sure. As for USJ, Jake Overbey is awesome! That long TD pass he had in the second quarter was beautiful. He hit his receiver in stride on about a 49 yard TD pass. Also, USJ's LB's are awesome. Preston Overbey is a beast at LB. Good Luck to the Bruins in their playoff run!!!!!

Penalty question.....

Gibson Co. punts the ball. USJ's player that is receiving the punt drops it and picks it up. About the time he picks it up a GC player tries to hit the player and he rips the players helmet off while trying to tackle him, he didn't do this on purpose either. The ref throws a flag and calls it a face mask..... what's people's opinions on that penalty? No, I'm not complaining I'm just curious...

GC....in the USJ stands no one around me thought he did it on purpose or that it was vicious at all. I just think that when refs saw the helmet fly off that they assumed that it was ripped off. Second week in a row that Dusty has lost helmet. However, last week against JCS, no doubt that it he was hammered----clean, but hammered with one of the hardest hits I have seen in a while. IMO, if there would have been a replay on this, there should not have been a penalty called.

By the way GC, nice post with a lot of class.

Well, I was told by a credible source that this same exact player has lost his helmet in 2 other games as well. It just happened that our player grabbed his helmet and it came off. There was no way it should've been a penalty, I didn't think. I could see it being a penalty had we done it purposely but it was clear that he just accidently pulled his helmet off... Oh well, I was just curious, made no difference in the game but just took away 15 yards to Overbey's stats.

I just hope we can win next week's game against Humboldt and finish with a 5-5 record. GC returns ALOT of players for next year. All of our skill players except our FB. That QB tonight was also our backup QB, only a Sophomore. Our starting QB is out with torn ligaments in his hand. Also, #16 Chase Arnold, whom is one of our very quick RB's was out most of tonights game with something wrong in his hip. I doubt he'll play next week just to make sure it doesn't get worse. He's only a Sophomore so he still has 2 more years to go!