longhorns v. raiders

I??™m just stating the facts. I haven??™t heard any other schools complain about sportsmanship and respect for each other out on the field like we have heard the South faithful. Every time you turn around somebody didn??™t shake your hand or somebody??™s fans were shouting thinks at your player before the game, or somebody was talking to much trash. You??™re starting to develop a reputation of being a bunch crybabies??¦not so much the players as it is the fans. I know what it is...you think that by dominating the local comp for the last three years everybody is suppose to bow down and give the mighty Rebels all due respect. I got news for you??¦earning respect goes way deeper than winning games. Pouring salt in a coaches wounds in the fourth quarter just because you didn??™t like something one of his players did before the game or because they ???talked to much trash??? is not going to get you respect points from nobody??¦believe that!!!! I can??™t think of any team that the Vikings have had sportsmanship issues with this year??¦win or loose. And if we did you don??™t hear us breaking the violins out! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Other teams don't get up for TN High because you are has beens. Plain and simple. People want to knock off the champs. South and DB gets everyone's best shot week in and week out. It means something to beat these teams. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other teams don't get up for TN High because you are has beens. Plain and simple. People want to knock off the champs. South and DB gets everyone's best shot week in and week out. It means something to beat these teams. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Only a rookie to these boards would put DB and South in the same sentence that way. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> You don??™t come ready to play THS you get smacked with a 56-6 score on your forehead??¦I don??™t care who you are! And this aint something that has just transpired in the last, lets say THREE year like it has for South??¦it??™s been that way for the last DECADE for the Vikings??¦that??™s a fact! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I??™m just stating the facts. I haven??™t heard any other schools complain about sportsmanship and respect for each other out on the field like we have heard the South faithful. Every time you turn around somebody didn??™t shake your hand or somebody??™s fans were shouting thinks at your player before the game, or somebody was talking to much trash. You??™re starting to develop a reputation of being a bunch crybabies??¦not so much the players as it is the fans. I know what it is...you think that by dominating the local comp for the last three years everybody is suppose to bow down and give the mighty Rebels all due respect. I got news for you??¦earning respect goes way deeper than winning games. Pouring salt in a coaches wounds in the fourth quarter just because you didn??™t like something one of his players did before the game or because they ???talked to much trash??? is not going to get you respect points from nobody??¦believe that!!!! I can??™t think of any team that the Vikings have had sportsmanship issues with this year??¦win or loose. And if we did you don??™t hear us breaking the violins out! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I like your spirit Cap. You sure can dish it and I love it. Can't wait till Friday. Oh, by the way, my offer still stands. We lose, I'm out. You wanna belly up to the bar and make the same statement? Or are ye skeared!? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Only a rookie to these boards would put DB and South in the same sentence that way. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> You don??™t come ready to play THS you get smacked with a 56-6 score on your forehead??¦I don??™t care who you are! And this aint something that has just transpired in the last, lets say THREE year like it has for South??¦it??™s been that way for the last DECADE for the Vikings??¦that??™s a fact! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It's ok. We'll bring our rebel flags and you bring your white flags or rainbow flags or whatever you all have. I think they need to open up both sides of the gate on the home side this week because your heads have gotten mighty big after beating Johnson co. and central. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I like your spirit Cap. You sure can dish it and I love it. Can't wait till Friday. Oh, by the way, my offer still stands. We lose, I'm out. You wanna belly up to the bar and make the same statement? Or are ye skeared!? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

It??™s all in a little competitive fun Volman??¦you know me. By the way you??™re a bigger man than I am I have to admit. I wasn??™t going to hold you to that bet although I didn??™t forget about it. I wouldn??™t dare put my posting privileges on the line with this game??¦we are still the underdogs you know. It??™s not that I??™m scared it??™s that I try to be a man of my word??¦and if by some series of unfortunate evens the Rebels should pull this one off; it would kill me not to be able to come on here and cry about how the referees stole another one from us. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

It's ok. We'll bring our rebel flags and you bring your white flags or rainbow flags or whatever you all have. I think they need to open up both sides of the gate on the home side this week because your heads have gotten mighty big after beating Johnson co. and central. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Yea??¦I see what you mean. Beatin up on East, North, and Unicoi is much more impressive. After all what more could we expect out of a team that wants to be the best so bad they have ducked DB for the last two years, and will probably schedule Colonial Heights middle school for their first scrimmage of the season in 09??™. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

PS. The flag thing was funny...you got one in on me with that one. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yea??¦I see what you mean. Beatin up on East, North, and Unicoi is much more impressive. After all what more could we expect out of a team that wants to be the best so bad they have ducked DB for the last two years, and will probably schedule Colonial Heights middle school for their first scrimmage of the season in 09??™. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

PS. The flag thing was funny...you got one in on me with that one. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

that's what makes this board fun, when someone is passionate about their school. You win some, you lose some. Sometimes you eat crow, sometimes you feed it on a platter to someone else. It's too boring just to come on here and predict scores. As you've said before, TN High is a tea and crumpet crowd and it seems like South is becoming that as well. I know it's only high school football but the problem with the world today is people aren't passionate about anything.

It??™s all in a little competitive fun Volman??¦you know me. By the way you??™re a bigger man than I am I have to admit. I wasn??™t going to hold you to that bet although I didn??™t forget about it. I wouldn??™t dare put my posting privileges on the line with this game??¦we are still the underdogs you know. It??™s not that I??™m scared it??™s that I try to be a man of my word??¦and if by some series of unfortunate evens the Rebels should pull this one off; it would kill me not to be able to come on here and cry about how the referees stole another one from us. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Fair enough Cap. Maybe those stakes are a little high. Tell you what, if you guys beat us, my auto signature will say something like..."Tn High whipped our tails and made us like it!". If we beat you, yours will say "Sullivan South whipped our tails and made us like it!" It has to be in this size font so everyone can see it and it has to be displayed on all posts until kickoff '09. Deal? How's that for fun? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Fair enough Cap. Maybe those stakes are a little high. Tell you what, if you guys beat us, my auto signature will say something like..."Tn High whipped our tails and made us like it!". If we beat you, yours will say "Sullivan South whipped our tails and made us like it!" It has to be in this size font so everyone can see it and it has to be displayed on all posts until kickoff '09. Deal? How's that for fun? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Make it till the State Championship game and you have a deal. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Breaking news!! I just got word that Greeneville's Greenway ran into some trouble last night and the remainder of his season could be in jeopardy. I didn't hear it for myself so that's all I feel at liberty to disclose at this time. Anybody hear anything? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />