THE EAST TN RIVALRY

ArtVandalay

This has the makings of a good one. The Toppers have that losing streak to DB to get off of their back, plus this game has major importance in the conference standings and who will line up where in the playoffs. Hope the weather is better than the last couple weeks. This is sure going to be fun /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Indians in their 28-6 victory over Campbell Co. last night, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />. I enjoyed listening to the boys control the Cougars. Another tremendous job turned in by the Tribe defense, great job guys. I like the way #10 Jaime Crawford is running the offense; it seems we are peaking as a team at the right time. I was also glad to hear Coach Clark passing on first and second downs, hopefully that will continue.

I love the fact that this game will be played on Halloween. Can we get a full moon to boot, /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />?! After two weeks of bad weather, and two figuratively dominate performances by both Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill, this one looks to be a classic. I believe the catfish Coach Watson will have his defense ready and Coach Clark will have a few tricks and treats up his sleeve for the 'Toppers rolling defense. I don't believe this will be a 14-0 thriller like 2006, nor do I see it being the 38-14 drubbing of last year.

Art, can you tell me the last time this game was played on Halloween and the games result? It wasn't many years ago.

TitansVols7489, did #10 Jaime Crawford see playing time in the secondary last night? I heard that #32 Chris Sensabaugh saw time on defense.

Did #2 Justin Sylvester see the field at all last night? We may need his match up with the 'Toppers #1 Larry Smith.

Roll Tribe.

Looks like Gilligan is finally getting his sea legs. This should be a barn burner in JC. The Hilltopers have improved greatly the last half of the season and DB has slipped a little. Couple that with the fact that DB usually don't play that well in JC for some reason. Then theres the law of averages thing. I still say DB in a close one.

DB - 20

SH - 16

Congratulations to the Indians in their 28-6 victory over Campbell Co. last night, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />. I enjoyed listening to the boys control the Cougars. Another tremendous job turned in by the Tribe defense, great job guys. I like the way #10 Jaime Crawford is running the offense; it seems we are peaking as a team at the right time. I was also glad to hear Coach Clark passing on first and second downs, hopefully that will continue.

I love the fact that this game will be played on Halloween. Can we get a full moon to boot, /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />?! After two weeks of bad weather, and two figuratively dominate performances by both Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill, this one looks to be a classic. I believe the catfish Coach Watson will have his defense ready and Coach Clark will have a few tricks and treats up his sleeve for the ??

I love the fact that this game will be played on Halloween. Can we get a full moon to boot, /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />?! After two weeks of bad weather, and two figuratively dominate performances by both Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill, this one looks to be a classic. I believe the catfish Coach Watson will have his defense ready and Coach Clark will have a few tricks and treats up his sleeve for the ??

I hate to be the one correcting people, because I have made my share of mistakes. However, the Toppers lost 14-0 in 06, it was 7-0 almost the whole way through until Coty Sensabaugh caught the game clinching TD pass. Also, Mr. Smith is wearing #1 for the Toppers this season. #6 is junior receiver Grayson Janeway, who is sidelined with an injury.

Thank you for the correction, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />. I amended my post.

Thank you for the correction, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />. I amended my post.

Anytime. Nobody is perfect. I like what you bring to the table, and you are very knowledgeable about Northeast Tennessee high school sports as a whole. BTW, that game in 06 was still a thriller, a one possession game all the way up to the end is always a thriller.

Halloween 2003 both teams were 8-1, 5-1 in Region play and the met @ J.Fred Johnson Stadium. DB was ranked #7, SH was ranked #10 in the State. There was a huge crowd in Kingsport that night. Science Hill had shutout 4 oppenents that year and this was hyped to the hilt. The Indians were flawless to start the game and the game was over by halftime (31-7). The final score was 41-13. DB was the #1 Seed and SH was the #3 Seed for the playoffs that year.

Anybody got any news on #2 Sylvester an #52 Conley?

Roll Tribe Roll

Halloween 2003 both teams were 8-1, 5-1 in Region play and the met @ J.Fred Johnson Stadium. DB was ranked #7, SH was ranked #10 in the State. There was a huge crowd in Kingsport that night. Science Hill had shutout 4 oppenents that year and this was hyped to the hilt. The Indians were flawless to start the game and the game was over by halftime (31-7). The final score was 41-13. DB was the #1 Seed and SH was the #3 Seed for the playoffs that year.

Anybody got any news on #2 Sylvester an #52 Conley?

Roll Tribe Roll

Thanks. I seem to recall that the last time the Toppers defeated DB they met in a rematch in the playoffs?

No... in 1998 the Indians played the Toppers twice. The Regular Season Game was a shootout, DB won 33-29 in JC. They met later in the Playoffs in Kingsport and it was not close, 44-8 Indians. The Toppers last victory in this series goes back to Nov. 4 1994, Graham Clarks 2nd season as Head Coach and his 1st visit to Spurrier Field, 14-7. That's 14 in a row, and the JC faithful do not like that streak at all.

Roll Tribe Roll