THE EAST TN RIVALRY

ArtVandalay

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Volman,

I believe there was 1:41 remaining in the game when D-B took over...the "Hill" was out of timeouts...Canepa is a running back and was not Steele's man or in Steele's immediate area of coverage on the play, Steele reacted to the eyes of the QB (Kinley) reacted and broke to the ball...due to the flight of the ball, he had time to get there and make the play...

Roll Tribe Roll

Thanks. That explains it. Sounds like Mr. Steele made a heck of a play. The guy on the TV highlights show made it sound like it was the last play of the game and I could not for the life of me, figure out why D-B let a man get that wide open on the last play in the end zone.

Thanks. That explains it. Sounds like Mr. Steele made a heck of a play. The guy on the TV highlights show made it sound like it was the last play of the game and I could not for the life of me, figure out why D-B let a man get that wide open on the last play in the end zone.

DB was in man to man coverage.Somebody let thier man go. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Also on every play SH had a man in motion in the backfield going either east to west or west to east. sometime that player in motion would stop and join the QB and his other wingmen, or the player in motion would get the ball.On that last play all the backfield went out into the endzone,it was alot of people to cover,a very good play.D .Steele reacted to the QBS eyes with instinct,saw the man open, and made a great play.If the ball had been a spiral thrown with velocity,it would have been a td.The Hill looked good.I really don't think that we ever stopped Mckinnley over on the left side all night.They have improved tremendously.The momentum changed imo, when we tried to run it up the middle 3 times in a row from the goal line,and had to settle for a field goal.Kinda reminded me of that game against Ooletawah a few years back.