THE EAST TN RIVALRY

ArtVandalay

D

Just found out about the meeting...It is Thursday at Kingsport to set the conference schedule for the next two years.

B

I would like to request South and DB playing later in the season when both teams are fine tuned. I never was in favor of those early season matchups. South and TN High along with Science Hill and DB should play the last week of the season as well just like all are doing this year.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Topper fans.... what does TTKKA mean?

I had a Science Hill fan stop by this morning and stick that note on my desk. Also he made some bold predictions:

AA (Ashlon Adams) will not score and will be injured in the game

Chris Sensabaugh will not be able to play by the 4th qtr due to the beating he will take

Hill Toppers over the Indians 35-17

Coach Smith is going to be on AM640 The Morning Monster on Wed.

Roll Tribe Roll

It is easy to figure out the letters TTKKA.But them other bold predictions. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The Hilltoppers had better get a dozer to stop Ashlon.He will be making a statement I am sure.Sensabaugh hasn't took a beating yet,don't expect him to this game either. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> That score is reversed from what it will be.Gilligan get your Binoculars and look towards KTown,there's a storm abrewing.Can U see us off the top of that hill? /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

i'm a science hill fan, and i am not sure what ttkka means, and for ashlon everybody i have talked to says they are happy he has found a home at db, and for sensabaugh i hope our defense can stop and wear him down. but i hope and pray nobody gets injured. espesially when it sounds like somebody is gunning for them. and as far as my prediction goes if science hill comes into the game expecting db to not perform it will be a long night for the toppers. so i'm confident the toppers are expecting a hard hitting contest, and finish and execute every quarter. ill predict.

a late brandon mccauley field goal wins it for the toppers

science hill 20

dobyns bennett 17

go toppers

all my son says is that they are focused on preparing for the number one ranked team in the state db seems to be loaded with talented players, way to much so to focus on anyone player

It sounds like the ones that matter in Johnson City are thinking very smart football. Dobyns-Bennett gave a lot of coaches something to think about last week.We had been very plain in our play calling until last friday.With a defense that hasn't given up more than 14 points in a game and now an offense that will use every weapon it has,that's not a good thing to prepare for.I have said that we will probably give up some points in the future and now we have taken out a little insurance with our offense.I hope that all of our sons play well and above all, don't get hurt.

After seeing both teams play against the vikings...DB by 17.We held our own and out played the hill even with all the people we had hurt till the blocked field goal return on the last play of the first half. That changed the game.

The DB game we were never in after half way of the second quarter.

I would like to request South and DB playing later in the season when both teams are fine tuned. I never was in favor of those early season matchups. South and TN High along with Science Hill and DB should play the last week of the season as well just like all are doing this year.

w1ldcat, I believe your request will be honored. If the coaches understand their places in the new conference they'll schedule Dobyns Bennett, Science Hill, Tennessee High, and Sullivan South to play in the last few weeks of the season. For example:

Week 8

Dobyns Bennett v. Tennessee High

Science Hill v. Sullivan South

Week 9

Dobyns Bennett v. Sullivan South

Science Hill v. Tennessee High

Week 10

Sullivan South v. Tennessee High

Dobyns Bennett v. Science Hill

That would allow the remainder of the 5A conference members to play theoretical 'catch up', if you will, for the third automatic playoff spot.

The 86th All-Time meeting will take place on Oct. 31 and the #1 Seed from Region 1 5A is on the line. It's been a few years since this game has actually had major importance... this is an important game, no doubt about it.

DB holds the seires advantage 57-23-5. 24-6 in the last 30 meeting, dating back to 1977.

Graham Clark and the Indians are 15-1 vs the Hill Toppers since 1993, re-classification. The Indians own a 14 game win streak in the series. The longest streak by either team in a series that dates back to 1921.

DB has a 25-13-2 record in games played in Johnson City. Graham Clarks' Indians are 6-1 in JC and have won 6 in a row on the road in this series. The Hill Toppers last victory against DB goes back to Nov. 4, 1994... a 14-7 win in JC.

Looking forward to a good old fashioned rivalry week.

Roll Tribe Roll

The Indians will be too much for the Toppers. I know this is a rivalry game...but DB has too much fire power....

DB 28

SH 7

My concern for the Indians comes in the playoffs....they will have to dodge some huge landmines......an undefeated perfect season means nothing if they can't advance far in the playoffs. But Coach Clark has a very good team....and that 6-6 WR is very underrated.....

As a D-B fan of many decades, I would rather lose to anyone on earth than the Toppers. However, the location of this game is a concern for me. History shows that we don't play very well over there unless the talent difference is just huge. We were clearly the better team in '98 (as evidenced by our 44-8 romp in the playoffs over them), but they should have beaten us early in the season. They literally dropped a game winning touchdown with no time left as that game ended. I predict that we will struggle for 3 quarters, then get out with a win that we all wish was bigger. Blowing out the Toppers is a ritual that we all enjoy, but I think we will struggle over there.