THE EAST TN RIVALRY

ArtVandalay

Ok, I'll tell you. He wanted to get in on one of those DB beat downs over south. Then he got over here and found out that south had run away from the series like a bunch of little girls. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Thats what we were hiding. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Nothing to do with an attitude problem? Yet DB says, come on down and we'll take you right in. Your recruiting powers are stretching past the county limits now. I'm guessing it's all legal and his whole family moved to Kingsport, right?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met his parents at senior night and they were really nice people.Ashlon is a nice kid also,well mannered.We will miss him.

I played with Ash at SH, and overall, he was a good guy. He had his moments, but so does everyone. I graduated a year earlier than he will, but I still talk to him here and there. Hate to hear that he has mono, I'd love to see him play at Spurrier Field one more time. I'm glad that GC got the best out of him, it will help Ash in the long run. Is DB getting his name out for football? I've heard a few different things about the coaches helping kids find a place to play on Saturdays from a former player, and was not very impressed. Would love to see Ash go somewhere and play football again. Can't wait to see him play basketball for you guys either, think he's talented in football? You should see him play basketball. I think he could play either at a respectable college level.

I played with Ash at SH, and overall, he was a good guy. He had his moments, but so does everyone. I graduated a year earlier than he will, but I still talk to him here and there. Hate to hear that he has mono, I'd love to see him play at Spurrier Field one more time. I'm glad that GC got the best out of him, it will help Ash in the long run. Is DB getting his name out for football? I've heard a few different things about the coaches helping kids find a place to play on Saturdays from a former player, and was not very impressed. Would love to see Ash go somewhere and play football again. Can't wait to see him play basketball for you guys either, think he's talented in football? You should see him play basketball. I think he could play either at a respectable college level.

Ash was at the house 2 weeks ago.He has a shoebox full of letters from schools,for football and basketball.Alabama is interested in him as a receiver.

Ash was at the house 2 weeks ago.He has a shoebox full of letters from schools,for football and basketball.Alabama is interested in him as a receiver.

That's great. Ashlon has come a long way since his freshman year, he understands what he needs to do, and he is beginning to realize his full potential. GC is a master at coaching and so is CM. I think he'll be very successful on the hardwood this year. He is blessed with a D1 body, and his hardwork has made him an even better prospect. If he continues working hard and is never satisfied, then he will definitely have a good college career in either or both sports.

Confirmed: Ashlon Adams has Mono. probably won't be back in a football uniform for DB. Huge loss for the Indians. Who's gonna' step up?

Talked to Ashlon last night, been to the doctor got his shots and everything, and boldly said im not missing the game friday night, so sounds like it will take more than mono to stop him from playin his former school. And yes Alabama likes what they see from the 6'6 receiver.

Talked to Ashlon last night, been to the doctor got his shots and everything, and boldly said im not missing the game friday night, so sounds like it will take more than mono to stop him from playin his former school. And yes Alabama likes what they see from the 6'6 receiver.

I love Ash's toughness and determination, and would love to see him come back and play against the Hill, but mono is no joke.. Being his senior year though, and knowing Ash personally, I wouldn't expect anything less from him than to suit up and give it his all. That's the person he is, and that is why he will be such a successful college athlete, wherever he decides to play. If he does play, somebody get the kid a facewarmer. Breathing that cold air directly will make him feel alot worse saturday morning.

Great news.I don't blame him ,I wouldn't either. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nothing to do with an attitude problem? Yet DB says, come on down and we'll take you right in. Your recruiting powers are stretching past the county limits now. I'm guessing it's all legal and his whole family moved to Kingsport, right?

Cry Baby /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

DB - 44

south - o

He may not have a choice in the matter. The doctors may not allow him to play. One of the side effects of mono is an enlarged spleen which makes it more susceptible to injury or rupture. There is also the risk of infecting other players. If he really has mono I doubt he will be allowed to play.

He may not have a choice in the matter. The doctors may not allow him to play. One of the side effects of mono is an enlarged spleen which makes it more susceptible to injury or rupture. There is also the risk of infecting other players. If he really has mono I doubt he will be allowed to play.

Very true. If he has Mono he will not play. I have it from a very good source that he does. Its a big loss for the tribe but we'll be all right personal wise. Sylvester will be back and that should fill the void. We beat Bearden at home without Sensabaugh and with Sylvester at half speed. This will be our toughest game of the year though.

Art, I must have been resting on my laurels, you beat me to it, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . For the 'Topper fan who was interested in some of the Indian play makers, here are stats, both offensive and defensive, provided by tricitiessports.com:

DOBYNS BENNETT STATS 2008

SEASON/ATT/ AVG.PER GAME

TEAM RUSHING 2190 YDS/ 243.4

TEAM PASSING 1134 YDS /126.0

TOTAL OFFENSE 3324YDS/ 369.3

POINTS SCORED 276 PTS/ 30.7

D-B VS.RUN 930 YDS/103.3

D-B VS.PASS 828 YDS / 92.0

D-B VS.OPP. 1758 YDS / 195.3

POINTS ALLOWED 93 PTS / 10.3

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING YARDS/ATT./AVG. PER TDS

SENSABAUGH 979 YDS/ 135 7.3 8

CRAWFORD 416 YDS/77 5.4 10

SYLVESTER 301 YDS/47 6.4 5

LAWSON 256 YDS/48 5.3 1

ERWIN 121 YDS/24 5.0 2

J.BROWN 49 YDS/7 7.0

MICHAEL 35 YD/4 6.3

STEELE 18 YD/1 18.0 1

ROOP 10 YDS/5 2.0

CROSS 4 YDS/1 4.0

BREEDING 3 YDS/2 1.5

SEABOLT 1 YD./1 1.0

PASSING COMP./ATT./ % YDS TDS INT.

CRAWFORD 72/107 67% 1134 11 4

ROOP 0/2

SEABOLT 0/2

RECEIVING REC./YARDS/AVG.PER TD REC.

ADAMS 34/ 659 19.4 7

STEELE 14/ 204 14.6 3

DORAN 7/ 88 12.6

SYLVESTER 6/ 80 13.3

LAWSON 4/ 48 12.0

SENSABAUGH 2/ 2 1.0

TEMPLETON 1/ 32 32.0 1

MICHAEL 1/ 11 11.0

CLARK 1/ 9 9.0

ERWIN 1/ 0

SCORING

CRAWFORD 60

SENSABAUGH 48

ADAMS 42

MITCHAM 40

STEELE 32

SYLVESTER 30

ERWIN 12

TEMPLETON 6

LAWSON 6

PUNTING

DORAN 751 YDS./ 22 PUNTS 34.1 AVG.

CRAWFORD 48 YDS/1 PUNT 48.0 AVG

PUNT RETURNS

J.SYLVESTER 28 YDS./5 RETURN 5.6 AVG.

CRAWFORD 18 YDS/3 RETURNS 6.0 AVG.

KICKOFFS

MITCHAM 2733 YDS/51 KICKS 53.6 AVG.

KICKOFF RETURNS

STEELE 381 YDS. /9 ATTEMPTS 42.3 AVG.

ANDERSON 92 YDS./6 ATT. 15.3 AVG.

NEELEY 7 YDS./1 ATT. 7.0

CLARK 0 YDS./1 ATT.

EXTRA POINTS

MITCHAM 34/37

FIELD GOALS

MITCHAM 2/3

MADE 33,31

MISSED 46(BLOCKED)

BLOCKS TO TD

CHURCH-16

HANSEN-12

TOMPKINS-11

LAWSON-9

CARTER-5

TEMPLETON-5

FULLER-5

BATEMAN-5

ADAMS-5

RICH-4

STEELE-2

FLEMING-2

DORAN-1

NEELEY-1

HOOVER-1

W.ANDERSON-1

CROSS-1

CLARK-1

DORAN-1

KNOCKDOWN BLOCKS

CHURCH-22

HANSEN-22

TOMPKINS-15

FULLER-12

ADAMS-6

FLEMING-6

CARTER-5

LAWSON-3

BATEMAN-3

TEMPLETON-2

RICH-2

DORAN-1

SENSABAUGH-1

HOOVER-1

TACKLE LEADERS

Zach Fleming, 63 tackles, 6 TFL, 1 Sack

Jason Michael, 55 tackles, 6 TFL, 4 pass break-ups, 1 caused fumble, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 int

James Templeton, 40 tackles, 7 TFL, 1 Hurry, 1 Sack, 1 fumble recovery

Sammy Collins, 40 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Hurry, 2 Sacks

Wil Bateman, 37 tackles, 7 TFL, 5 Hurries, 1 sack, 5 caused fumbles, 5 fumble recoveries

Devin Sylvester, 35 tackles, 4 TFLs, 3 PBUs, 2 int

Jordan Edwards, 31 tackles, 3 TFLs, 2 sacks, 1 PBU, 1 fumble recovery, 1 Int, 1 blocked kick

Craig Carter, 31 tackles, 7 TFL, 8 Hurries, 2 Sacks, 1 PBU, 2 caused fumbles

Justin Sylvester, 27 tackles, 1 Hurry, 2 PBU, 1 caused fumble, 3 ints

Rusty Clark, 27 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 Hurry, 1 int

Jordan Lawson, 24 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 Hurry

Kevin Kay, 23 tackles, 1 TFL, 3 PBU

Derrick Steele, 19 tackles, 1 TFL, 4 PBUs, 1 fumble recovery, 2 ints

Wesley Anderson, 18 tackles, 1 caused fumble

Devin Ricker, 16 tackles, 2 TFL

Brandon Brewster, 16 tackles

Hunter Neeley, 11 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 PBU

Jamie Crawford, 5 tackles, 1 caused fumble, 2 int

Ryan Church, 5 tackles

Mark Erwin, 5 tackles, 1 Hurry

Desmond Conley, 3 tackles

Rob Cross, 2 tackles

Craig Mitcham, 2 tackles

Chris Sensabaugh, 2 tackles

Sean Seabolt, 2 tackles

Raffe Cleary, 2 tackles

Patrick Hansen, 2 tackles

(9 others 1 tackle each)

Thanks for taking the time to put this together

Unless lighting strikes in a bottle, Science Hill be on the road in Round 1 of the playoffs. More than likely they will be at Farragut. The Admirals stand to be the #2 seed out of Region 2, unless that same lightning strike another bottle in Knoxville at the same time. The Indians will almost certainly be playing McMinn County in Kingsport next week.

I spoke with #2 Justin Sylvesters' dad yesterday evening. Sylvester is much better than half speed and he may very well play some WR against the Hill.

Will this being Halloween have an impact on the crowd for this game? I can't see that it will, not with the Playoff atmosphere and the hopes of the Toppers of ending the 14 Game G-Man Streak.

Let's go #3

Roll Tribe Roll