Camden at Waverly

papatiger

I know the feeling, you missed a good one. I think the boys were a little flat tonite due to the emotional win last week, sometimes it hard to get pumped on a short week. But, playing two HARD games in a row, should help them in the playoffs. The GIMMEE games are over. Looks like this region is coming to the front, with more than one competitive team, what stinks is this is probably the last year for this region. We will all find out just how good we are if the new regions fall the way we've heard about.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All PROPS to Waverly Tigers and staff, ya'll played your butts off tonite. Extra PROPS TO #34,#56,#80,#1,#81. A BIG WHERE DID YOU COME FROM FOR THE REFS, This was by far the worst crew I have had the misfortune of watching. You would think that with this much at stake for both teams, that they would have a top grade crew, insted of these rejects from the JR PRO league. I mean no disrespect to the Tigers, but... Inmy opinion Waverly had 2 drives aided by the so-called refs, now that is just my opinion it doesn't mean I'm right. The last drive was against our 2nd and 3rd string. Our boys didn't seem to be insync' tonite. Hats off to Camden Seniors, you stepped up tonite when you teammates needed you most. #7, Dudley, you are perhaps one of the best all around players in the state, way to step it up!!!!!! Papatiger, before you bite my head of (LOL), I WILL TELL YOU NOW THAT YOU WERE RIGHT, YOUR BOYS CAME TO PLAY. I do hope yopu make it to the playoffs, cause it will be no walk in the park for whom ever you play.

i agree with you on most things, but when you say the last couple of drives were against your second and third string you are a complete moron. What game were you at? Our last drives were starting when we were only seven down and got a jacked up call on the onside. It hit the camden guy then waverly and traveled forward. As far as the play of your second string on the final drives. Dudley returned an interception to make it a two touchdown lead. When did he start playing second string. Not sure but I don't think your second string as a unit ever saw the field. I like most Camden fans but you are one of the ones I can't stand. If someone does something against you give them credit. I know we have some at waverly like that to. You people are probably the ones that never played a down in your life.

Well I'm here guys. Had to get things wrapped up after the broadcast. I told you guys it would be close. I've gone back and read all the posts. So I'll try to answer as much as I can. Yes the officiating was terrible. The pass interference call on Waverly with Camden having 4th and goal at 25 was terrible. They reciever came down on our defender while he was standing there on an uncatchable ball. The onside kick that Waverly recovered went 20 yards but the ref said someone touched it early. Amazing it was on Camden's side and they sent their defense in without arguing or questioning it and Waverly sent offense in and then the ref says it was illegally touched. The score was 28-21 when that happened and I'm sure Waverly would have tied it with the momentum they had. This should have been an overtime game. The interceptions that were thrown were not forced and weren't great plays by the defender, the reciever on all turned one way and the qb threw the other. No one around, with no pressure on the qb. You say the last score against the 2nd and 3rd, maybe, but the last two scores against Waverly was when an int was returned with a prevent defense in, and the other on a 46 yard run with Waverly stacking the line trying to stop third down and he got through the line. that 46 yards was 46 of their 113 yds offense in second half. Waverly had 375 total yards, Camden 251 total yards. Camden coaches told Waverly coaches at the game, that was the best anyone had played them other than Milan. And we all know what Milan has. Great game by both teams tonight, just wish we hadn't made the silly mistakes and wish the officiating wasn't so bad. I believe Camden has the best team in the region but no doubt Waverly is second best. And for the Huntingdon poster, Waverly is tied for second and cannot finish worse than that. But could be seeded fourth with tiebreakers.

Apparantly you didn't read my post, I did give Waverly props, I did not say the refs were one sided, I stated they were probably the worst I'v seen. The second and third string were in on the very last drive check the films and before you call them a Moron at least know them. As far as never playing a down I not only played, But played semi-pro in Lousiana and coached about 14 yrs. I have an idea of what I'm talking about. I'm not saying I'm 100% right all the time, but I do get a few.

Well all I can say, if you think that Camden is a lot better than Waverly then I know you don't know what you are talking about. If you were there, you saw it. Camden is better but only slightly and it showed tonight. Look again at the total yards. That's not a mistake. If you were there, you saw the int's. No one around, no pressure, just mistakes by our qb and reciever. But our qb lit up the Camden defense especially the second half. He was 24-39 for the game for 267 yards. 214 yards in second half.

Papa I thought you would point out the calls or lack of but , how about the 4 holding calls on Camden in just the 1st quarter, when #26 almost pulled the jersey of of one of our DBs and on the very next play didn't call a block in the back on a first down run. these things tend to aid drives. I'm not dissing Waverly boys in any way my nephew plays for them and it hurt to see him so disappointed. Those boys came to play, we had an extremely hard time with our pass defense,(didn't seem to have any). I don't think I'd want to play you guys right away. Our boys made the plays they had to play. And yes I thought the onside was yours, and I am glad the refs didn't see it that way, cause it did stop your momentum. Good hard licks both ways. needed to play a hard fought game , for both teams giong into the playoffs.

Papa I thought you would point out the calls or lack of but , how about the 4 holding calls on Camden in just the 1st quarter, when #26 almost pulled the jersey of of one of our DBs and on the very next play didn't call a block in the back on a first down run. these things tend to aid drives. I'm not dissing Waverly boys in any way my nephew plays for them and it hurt to see him so disappointed. Those boys came to play, we had an extremely hard time with our pass defense,(didn't seem to have any). I don't think I'd want to play you guys right away. Our boys made the plays they had to play. And yes I thought the onside was yours, and I am glad the refs didn't see it that way, cause it did stop your momentum. Good hard licks both ways. needed to play a hard fought game , for both teams giong into the playoffs.

I didn't really point out lack of calls because there were so many of them. Both sides. The Waverly coaches were in the box beside us screaming on several plays about Camden holding on the jet play that they run, allowing them to get to the corner. they weren't called. It was just poorly officiated both ways. Like I said, hats off to Camden the better team but Waverly is nipping at their heels. It's perhaps a 7 point difference in the two.

Hated to see either lose. It was one of the better high school games I've seen in a while.