Camden at Waverly

papatiger

so if all plays out waverly going to lewis county i was at that game and that does not farewell for the tigers i love my tigers just as much as the next man but they really beat us good. if camden plays in this quad with them i would like to see that game but through my dark shaded glasses lewis is far better than both of these teams.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was not even close to Camden's best. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> We are more than slightly better than Waverly. We showed it last night by beating you by a couple TD's while playing crappy. You keep on and on about the onside kick call and pass interference call, but there was bad calls both ways. We can bring up the off setting face mask penalty called on Andy and the defender. Andy simply stiff armed him. That could have gave us yardage. There was a good amount of late hits by Waverly's defense that was never called. The calls went both ways all game. They helped and hurt both teams. You can never blame a game on refs. If you are the better team then you will win no matter what the refs are out there doing. Simple as that. bad passing and dumb turn overs lost Waverly the game. On top of being the worse team. I understand you do radio for Waverly but that is a low blow and cheap degrading shot to say something like you did. "Camden and the zebras...." I am pretty positive Flash Melton over our way would never do something like that. Deal with the loss and move on.

Dont know who you are Baller, and frankly I don't give a darn. I have no clue as to what your malfunction is, but you are not just attacking PapaTiger, disrespecting both the Lions and Tigers, who by the way played a great game. You are also disrespecting thr game (football) in general. I spoke to several Lion fans last night, that apolagized for both, the bad calls on both sides as well as underestimating the Tigers.

All the players played hard, and they all deserve the respect that each and everyone of them went out and earned.

Someone stated earlier that camden played their worst. I, however agree with the person that stated that the tigers made them play their worst, and visa versa. That folks is what good hard hitting, hard playing, high school football is all about, and I didn't sit in those stands freezing my rump off, cheering my head off, just to look on this and see someone like you not give everyone the credit they deserve.

so if all plays out waverly going to lewis county i was at that game and that does not farewell for the tigers i love my tigers just as much as the next man but they really beat us good. if camden plays in this quad with them i would like to see that game but through my dark shaded glasses lewis is far better than both of these teams.

Not sure LBKILLER, that is the way it looks when the bracket is drawn up, but when I talked with Coach Graves last night, he said, that he thought there was a provision in the playoffs set up that eliminated someone from having to play a team that they had played during the year in the first round. He didn't know for sure. Maybe someone who is in the know can tell us. I would hate to go back to Lewis County as you said, they gave us a good whipping. They are the best team I've seen so far this year.

ONe more thing to Gatorbait07, at the end of last year, I told the station that I was giving up the broadcasting. I admit, I am biased to the Tigers, and will forever be. But people like you that get on CoachT and hide behind a name and criticize made my decision easier. I came back ONLY because of a lot of people begging me to do so, including Coach Graves. He was the clincher when he called me and asked me to. I have the ultimate respect for Coach Graves and his staff and what they do for our kids. I say our kids, I don't have anyone playing any more, because Waverly is my family. I treat it that way.

Dont know who you are Baller, and frankly I don't give a darn. I have no clue as to what your malfunction is, but you are not just attacking PapaTiger, disrespecting both the Lions and Tigers, who by the way played a great game. You are also disrespecting thr game (football) in general. I spoke to several Lion fans last night, that apolagized for both, the bad calls on both sides as well as underestimating the Tigers.

All the players played hard, and they all deserve the respect that each and everyone of them went out and earned.

Someone stated earlier that camden played their worst. I, however agree with the person that stated that the tigers made them play their worst, and visa versa. That folks is what good hard hitting, hard playing, high school football is all about, and I didn't sit in those stands freezing my rump off, cheering my head off, just to look on this and see someone like you not give everyone the credit they deserve.

Don't know why any Camden fans had to apolagize for the refs bad calls( they didn't call it the refs did)and there where bad calls both ways, I think what you saw last night was two teams show some of there best(Camden running, waverly passing) and some of there worst(camden passD and waverly runD)and both did not show somethings.

But now both teams need to get ready for the playoffs.

I was alittle dissapointed in waverlys crowd, exspected more there than that.

Let's end this now and forever. Camden and Waverly, enough said. No excuses for either side about motivation. Both knew what was on the line. Tough, intense battle by both teams. Poor play/turnovers were a result of the play by both squads. Each team deserved to win, both can't. Camden play the plays when it needed to . Waverly didn't. This was one of the better football games you will ever get to see. And no, the officials did not cause anyone to lose or win. That's life. Get over it. Good luck to all 7-2A teams. Congratulations to Camden for winning the championship.

not sure about that papa will ask my sources i know you cant play if you are in the same region unless 5 teams are in it i am pretty sure of that rule but dont take it to heart. and i dont think any one in this region wants to play lewis early i may be wrong but anything can happen i mean look thee rays made it to the world series

Don't know why any Camden fans had to apolagize for the refs bad calls( they didn't call it the refs did)and there where bad calls both ways, I think what you saw last night was two teams show some of there best(Camden running, waverly passing) and some of there worst(camden passD and waverly runD)and both did not show somethings.

But now both teams need to get ready for the playoffs.

I was alittle dissapointed in waverlys crowd, exspected more there than that.

Yes and the true Waverly fans are disappointed in our crowd too. It's a shame whether a team is 0-10 or 10-0 that the community doesn't get behind them. Count your lucky stars Camden that your community supports you. That is very important. Be proud of it. We can only hope that one that that will return as it once was.

I'm sure most of the response is to the blue and white fans who wnt to say the refs gave the game to Camden. Well, I'm gonna tell you this- Waverly never led in that game. The Tigers may have tied it up early but they never led.

You can paint it however you see it and I'm sure some people out there will like your little picture but the fact is that the refs were bad to both teams. Maybe if you hadn't thrown 3 interceptions you would have won the game. Well, maybe so, but you did, one got returned for six to put the game away. I guess noone from Camden actually had to CATCH those balls for them to be intercepted, huh?

Blame the onside kick call for the loss. Sure. Go right ahead. But the fact is that your defense still had a chance to stop Camden and get the ball back on a 3rd and 7 that turned out to be a Ross Dudley touchdown.

And if you did say that about "Camden and the zebras" PapaT, that is sorry because you are disrespecting the team that won the game. Maybe if you had made a few more plays in crunch time, the outcome would have been different. Don't blame the refs because Waverly didn't and don't disrespect Camden because they did.

When you really look at this football game, Camden made the plays to win the game and Waverly didn't.

not sure about that papa will ask my sources i know you cant play if you are in the same region unless 5 teams are in it i am pretty sure of that rule but dont take it to heart. and i dont think any one in this region wants to play lewis early i may be wrong but anything can happen i mean look thee rays made it to the world series

True, but the Rays had a great year too. Check your sources and I'll see what I can find out and hope for an Adamsville victory. Don't want to go back to Hohenwaldf even though they asked me to become an honorary Panther fan.

I'm sure most of the response is to the blue and white fans who wnt to say the refs gave the game to Camden. Well, I'm gonna tell you this- Waverly never led in that game. The Tigers may have tied it up early but they never led.

You can paint it however you see it and I'm sure some people out there will like your little picture but the fact is that the refs were bad to both teams. Maybe if you hadn't thrown 3 interceptions you would have won the game. Well, maybe so, but you did, one got returned for six to put the game away. I guess noone from Camden actually had to CATCH those balls for them to be intercepted, huh?

Blame the onside kick call for the loss. Sure. Go right ahead. But the fact is that your defense still had a chance to stop Camden and get the ball back on a 3rd and 7 that turned out to be a Ross Dudley touchdown.

And if you did say that about "Camden and the zebras" PapaT, that is sorry because you are disrespecting the team that won the game. Maybe if you had made a few more plays in crunch time, the outcome would have been different. Don't blame the refs because Waverly didn't and don't disrespect Camden because they did.

When you really look at this football game, Camden made the plays to win the game and Waverly didn't.

Maybe it's the context that I put it. All I was trying to say was that if they botched the onside call, that cost Waverly the chance. I do say a lot of things in excitement of the game. I'm a fan too. And what a comeback it was. Now, if you look at my posts I said Camden deserved to win because they were the better team. I just hate that the officiating was as bad as it was. And yes it was against both teams. One would like to see the two teams settle the outcome. But either way, we can't change it, and Camden deserved the win, they are the best team in the region. Good luck in the playoffs.

Yes and the true Waverly fans are disappointed in our crowd too. It's a shame whether a team is 0-10 or 10-0 that the community doesn't get behind them. Count your lucky stars Camden that your community supports you. That is very important. Be proud of it. We can only hope that one that that will return as it once was.

Hey Ricky, enjoyed listening to the game last night! Thought you guys were gonna come back and get them! Mistakes kill! I told you that your guys could play with them! Cheer us on tonight! Hopefully we can pull one out!

Mike

I don'r recall PapaT disrespecting not even one Lion on that field last night. I think the remark about the zebre is pretty funny myself. Maybe a little uncalled for, but funny anyway. PapaT has stated more than once the the Lions were the better team last night, what more do you want of him. I also do not recall any Tiger fan disrespecting any Lion player or fan, just the zebra's in question. So why is it that you want to continually put Waverly down, just to be plain mean is what I think. I really believe that Waverly and Camden need to get together and cheer for each other going into the playoffs. Go region 7aa.

By the way, back in 2006 I think, my entire family and many of my friend loaded up just to come to Camden and cheer the Lions on against CPA in the playoffs. I seen many, many Waverly players and fans there that night for you all. I know there was no sitting, and very little standing room, but we were still there. I would hazard a guess of at least 200 Waverly people for The Camden Lions. Supporting you all. So please quit dissing our players..........