Powell vs Clinton

This is a huge game, I believe a high scoring affair, Clinton 35- Powell-31, Powell and Clinton look alike in many ways. I hope we dont push Weston back to fast. The playoff game is more important for Clinton. The dragons have done well without him. They will need him against a Maryville or Greenville game, which by the way Greenville COULD END THIS MARYVILLE CURSE. They are a super team from upper east tenn. Sorry ,but i still feel coaching will defeat the dragons in the end. Again the d line and o line show weakness that will cost in the playoffs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> definately the best game around this week. the qb matchup for this game will be great stone and houston are statistically the two best qb's in the region. they both have 14 passing touchdowns, very few interceptions, nearly 1400 yards passing apiece and over 550 rushing yards apiece these are two highly talented qb's and i cant wait to see them on the same field. this game is looking like a real shootout but il give the edge to clinton by 4 39-35 with a late score in the fourth. i hope weston has a big game on both sides of the ball. hes had alot of success against powell so far in his career, he had around 300 yards and a few touchdowns against them last year, and i hope he continues this. if stone can have another big game and the d can play tough enough to get a couple of stops then i think we can take this one. we just cant get down early on them because other than maryville this will be the best offense we've seen. good luck boys, playoffs here we come!!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> definately the best game around this week. the qb matchup for this game will be great stone and houston are statistically the two best qb's in the region. they both have 14 passing touchdowns, very few interceptions, nearly 1400 yards passing apiece and over 550 rushing yards apiece these are two highly talented qb's and i cant wait to see them on the same field. this game is looking like a real shootout but il give the edge to clinton by 4 39-35 with a late score in the fourth. i hope weston has a big game on both sides of the ball. hes had alot of success against powell so far in his career, he had around 300 yards and a few touchdowns against them last year, and i hope he continues this. if stone can have another big game and the d can play tough enough to get a couple of stops then i think we can take this one. we just cant get down early on them because other than maryville this will be the best offense we've seen. good luck boys, playoffs here we come!!

Im picking clinton to win this one at home 35-28, and i hope all of the clinton faithful show up and show out... i know this game is on CSS but serioulsy we can't have the home field advantage that we need if our fans are sitting at home watching this game

[/color]

Im picking clinton to win this one at home 35-28, and i hope all of the clinton faithful show up and show out... i know this game is on CSS but serioulsy we can't have the home field advantage that we need if our fans are sitting at home watching this game

I agree with you kidd. Everyone needs to come out friday night and cheer our Dragons on! These kids feed off of our fans and we need to make as much noise as we can and get that stadium a rockin'! This game is a chance for our team to host a first round playoff game and i dont know about you, but i would rather play @ home instead of Cleveland, Reah Co., or Redbank. Anyways, let's get the word out to show up early and get our stadium packed and hopefully we can beat a very good Powell team that wants to hand it to us since we beat them @ their house last year. Go Dragons!!!

Both Clinton and Powell got huge come from behind wins last week. This should be a high-scoring affair - both of these teams can score at will, while both defenses are a bit suspect. I was surprised to see Central have so much success offensively against Clinton, after getting completely shut down against Powell. This game will come down to a kick of some kind. The Panthers may have found a kicker in Nikkens (who kicked the game winner against West last week), but I still think that their inability to kick an extra point consistently could haunt them in a game like this. It will be senior night at Clinton, which should give the Dragons an extra boost. However, the Panthers are very aware of the shocker that Clinton pulled off last year at Powell. With a home playoff game on the line, this one could go either way.

My prediction:

Powell 36 - Clinton 35

Besides the Oneida v.s Greenback game, this could be one of the best in the area friday night! I can't wait!! Powell has been very impressive since their loss to Maryville. Clinton's defence gives up too many yards in my opinion. Their offence can put up some impressive numbers. Clinton's defence needs to play the entire game like they played in the 4th quarter against Central.

i think powell will win because the defense is improving since the beginning of the season. three key factors 1) speed off the line, my example #86 Will Barnes and clintons suspensions could hurt them. 2) The all around defensive threat of #5 Anthony Phillips. 3) The dominating #8 Joe Cardio putting up good amounts of tackles every game. On offense, of course, Kier Houston has been havin a great season in the air and on the ground. Tyler Drummer and Devin Collins are excellent at making plays at the right time. Watch Out For The Go Routes. Also the short routes in Andrew Hansen could keep Clinton off their guard.

Final Score- Powell 35 Clinton 28