Powell vs Clinton

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty much still the case. There is parking behind the old home side that doesnt fill up too fast, but you have to pay $5 i think. Other than that, there is parking at the Community Center, behind the Courthouse, and up at the Ray Viles Ford lot....but you may have to pay @ the Ray Viles Ford lot too. Im not 100% sure on that one. If you can, i say get there around 6 and everything should be o.k. but this a big game and there might be alot of people there even earlier than that. I plan on getting there around 5:30 or 5:45 myself.

Thanks for the info, Dragon. I wondered if that was still a problem. I was planning on getting there around 6:15, so I'll probably leave a bit earlier. I'm curious to see what kind of turn out there will be. With the kids out trick-or-treating and with CSS carrying the game, I doubt there will be the same turnout I was originally expecting. I had forgotten that a lot of kids and their parents will be out on the town. At least it won't be that cold.

Powell will win this battle my friends.

Im Sorry

Well you are right on the point that this will be a battle.. but with hazelhurst back and the number of weapons that clinton has one the field.. There is no way that powell can cover every singe one of them.. if you lock down one, one of the other players will get you.. Face it, Clinton is stacked and if they beat you last year with the team they had.. wait till you see this team....

Well you are right on the point that this will be a battle.. but with hazelhurst back and the number of weapons that clinton has one the field.. There is no way that powell can cover every singe one of them.. if you lock down one, one of the other players will get you.. Face it, Clinton is stacked and if they beat you last year with the team they had.. wait till you see this team....

That is definitely the real challenge that Powell faces tonight. Obviously, they can't completely shutdown the Clinton offense. There are just too many weapons. Last year, Hazelhurst ran wild on Powell's defense, and that was the difference, in the end. The Panthers simply have to find a way to slow him down. Since their loss to Maryville, the Panther defense has done an excellent job of forcing their opponents to grind it out, rather than giving up a ton of big plays. Clinton was forced to grind it out last week, and they got the job done. However, Powell has a much more potent offense than Central.

Clinton's gameplan should be simple - put pressure on Kier Houston. Maryville did just that, and he was completely ineffective. On the flipside, Kier torched Halls in the 1st half of their game a couple of weeks later. The Halls linebackers played containment football in the 2nd half, which slowed Kier down, but he was able to pick them apart in the secondary. Powell has established a running game by committee, which does not rely on one tailback. However, this offense lives and dies by the performance of Kier Houston, and he has been unbeatable for the past 5 weeks.

Good luck to both teams tonight, and I look forward to a great game! Go Panthers!

powell comes out of halftime and scores twice. once on their first possesion and then once after a long interception return and they now lead 32-30. the announcer said weston might be done for the game and so is tacket which is def not good at all, weston had a really solid first half and rushed for nearly 100 yards. stone just threw another pick and has doubled his int total for the season the last two throws. clinton looks like theyre in trouble right now and really need either a big stop or a big turnover and their offense needs to get going or their gonna get blown out in the second half.

Thanks for the info, Dragon. I wondered if that was still a problem. I was planning on getting there around 6:15, so I'll probably leave a bit earlier. I'm curious to see what kind of turn out there will be. With the kids out trick-or-treating and with CSS carrying the game, I doubt there will be the same turnout I was originally expecting. I had forgotten that a lot of kids and their parents will be out on the town. At least it won't be that cold.

Ohio State fans kill me, the one good game you guys play this year and you post it on Coacht like a badge of honor