McMinn County playoffs!

McminnCo08

...of making the playoffs! The Oak Ridge loss and the Mcminn win earlier this season has the Cherokees needing to beat Bradley to make it. A trip to Kingsport would be real sweet considering how this season started. My hats off to this team for making it through the drama of the first few weeks and keeping their heads up to put themselves in the position they are in. Good luck to the Cherokees this week and hopefully next!

No, and I believe it actually brought the team together. A shame as one of them had big time college potential. The defense stepped it up and actually became better.

Glad to hear these guys came together as a team. Good luck with your first round playoff game and I am glad to see you all will still be on our schedule. I really enjoy seeing your mascot run down the field like Florida State with the spear.

From a guy born in Athens--at the time there wasn't a hospital in Etowah--and who spent the first four years of his life on Indiana Avenue in good old Etowah, good luck to the Cherokees. I've enjoyed our rivalry (WB) the past few years. Some great games.

I was real impressed with the character and sportsmanship of your team this year. Repeatedly, I saw your players gving a hand up to WB players after a play or patting them on the helmet after a good play. That's refreshing for me to see these days amongst high school players. Says a lot about your coaching staff I believe.

Hey, any of you McMinn County folks who are familiar with the basketball team. We play you all in one of our preseason hall of fame games. What can we expect from the Cherokees in boys basketball?