Adamsville @ Hutningdon

cardfan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, along with South Greene and Sequatchie County. If CoachT records are correct. I just went through all the regions. Don't know how the brackets are being drawn up though. Actually Huntingdon goes in as a third seed since they have the tiebreaker in the region. If I'm not mistaken, there will be a 4-6 team to make it. There are a couple of those.

My bad - Huntingdon will be the 3rd place team in region 7. Must be a third WC somewhere.

Waverly is not a very good football team without any tradition to speak of you can't take them seriously. The only teams that have ever had any success in 7 2A are the two transplants from the west of the river Huntingdon and Camden with Huntingdon making 3 state championship appearances and several semi-final games in 2A during the last ten years. If they were back in their natural region playing their natural west Tennessee foes making the playoffs would be a very difficult task.

Papatiger, I have the wild cards as follows:

Cumberland Gap (7-3) from Region 1

Sequatchie Co (6-4) from Region 3

Waverly (5-5) from Region 7

Adamsville (5-5) from Region 7

JCS (5-5) from Region 8

I don't think a 4-6 team can get in since those 3 5-5 teams remain in the wild card pool. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, we are loving it all the way to the playoffs. We're in too. Sorry to disappoint you. We did finish tied for second in region. We are in the playoffs though. And if we had of played against Huntingdon like we did Camden, we would have destroyed them. But we didn't. Too bad. Good luck to all 7 AA teams, Camden, Stewart County, Huntingdon and Waverly, all in playoffs.

If if ands, and buts were nuts we would all have a merry christmas. Be proud, you got beat by a surging Mustang team. There is no shame in your loss. But I think Adamsville is better.

Papatiger, I have the wild cards as follows:

Cumberland Gap (7-3) from Region 1

Sequatchie Co (6-4) from Region 3

Waverly (5-5) from Region 7

Adamsville (5-5) from Region 7

JCS (5-5) from Region 8

I don't think a 4-6 team can get in since those 3 5-5 teams remain in the wild card pool. Correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct that a 4-6 won't make it. But one correction. Cumberland Gap is the third seed in their region. West Greene is 5-5 in Region one also.

So it is:

West Greene 5-5, South Greene 6-4, Waverly 5-5, JCS 5-5 and Sequatchie County 6-4. I don't think Adamsville gets in on their SOS

If if ands, and buts were nuts we would all have a merry christmas. Be proud, you got beat by a surging Mustang team. There is no shame in your loss. But I think Adamsville is better.

I would too if I had only seen the Waverly team that played that night against Huntingdon. They stunk it up. Ask Camden who has the second best team in the region.

Waverly is not a very good football team without any tradition to speak of you can't take them seriously. The only teams that have ever had any success in 7 2A are the two transplants from the west of the river Huntingdon and Camden with Huntingdon making 3 state championship appearances and several semi-final games in 2A during the last ten years. If they were back in their natural region playing their natural west Tennessee foes making the playoffs would be a very difficult task.

Actually in the last 10 years, no. But previously, waverly was a powerhouse in football. In fact in 1987, the Waverly team set a record that still stands today for allowing only 7 points all of the regular season. They lost the semifinal game in the playoffs to Brentwood Academy at Brentwood 14-7 after they fumbled the opening kickoff that BA pounced on in the endzone. That was before public/private split and you know BA plays in the upper bracket of the privates too. Waverly consistently won 8,9 and 10 games season after season. So know what you are talking about.

And they are a pretty good football team. Second best team in region 7AA to Camden. Camden is better and no one can take that away.

You are correct that a 4-6 won't make it. But one correction. Cumberland Gap is the third seed in their region. West Greene is 5-5 in Region one also.

So it is:

West Greene 5-5, South Greene 6-4, Waverly 5-5, JCS 5-5 and Sequatchie County 6-4. I don't think Adamsville gets in on their SOS

I would too if I had only seen the Waverly team that played that night against Huntingdon. They stunk it up. Ask Camden who has the second best team in the region.

I think South Greene is the 3rd seed in Region 1 thanks to a head to head victory over Cumberland Gap, making CG a wild card. However, West Greene also gets in from Region 1 at (5-5). I missed them in my initial analysis. They take the spot that was occupied by Adamsville.

So the 5 WC teams should be: West Greene, Cumberland Gap, Sequatchie Co, Waverly, and JCS

Yes, we are loving it all the way to the playoffs. We're in too. Sorry to disappoint you. We did finish tied for second in region. We are in the playoffs though. And if we had of played against Huntingdon like we did Camden, we would have destroyed them. But we didn't. Too bad. Good luck to all 7 AA teams, Camden, Stewart County, Huntingdon and Waverly, all in playoffs.

woulda,coulda,shoulda!!!