Greeneville moving down

FormerDevil

You know when Barner got hurt everyone said (including me) what are we going to do. What happened just like last year when there was adversity. People stepped up, Soph running back, Freshman kicker. Poor little skinny D line, lol.

They all stepped up. That what players who are good leaders and coaches that are the same make a difference. I am very proud of the Greene Devils. Back to Back Champions. Says it all.

Not like an ol' ball coach to worry about one player /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> lol jk

Seriously though, Greeneville will be just fine. A few talented athletes we can put at the QB posistion and at safety if need be

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know when Barner got hurt everyone said (including me) what are we going to do. What happened just like last year when there was adversity. People stepped up, Soph running back, Freshman kicker. Poor little skinny D line, lol.

They all stepped up. That what players who are good leaders and coaches that are the same make a difference. I am very proud of the Greene Devils. Back to Back Champions. Says it all.

I know Coach Mac will have these at their best for the playoffs. The Crockett game on Friday will be the perfect lab for testing a new QB. I am glad to have the D clicking at the right time...

Does anyone know when TSSAA will announce the district alignment for next year?

I know Coach Mac will have these at their best for the playoffs. The Crockett game on Friday will be the perfect lab for testing a new QB. I am glad to have the D clicking at the right time...

Does anyone know when TSSAA will announce the district alignment for next year?

Sometime in November Barb for scheduling purposes.

So did TSSAA reject the Greeneville request to be placed in region 1?

No one has ever said Greeneville was rejected from Region 1. That was just what the Knox News Sentinel posted just assuming by enrollment. Greeneville is not playing down, they will be playing where they should be.

No one has ever said Greeneville was rejected from Region 1. That was just what the Knox News Sentinel posted just assuming by enrollment. Greeneville is not playing down, they will be playing where they should be.

We've been playing up so long it just feels like we're playing down to some. I'm thinkin' we'll be placed in region 1.

We've been playing up so long it just feels like we're playing down to some. I'm thinkin' we'll be placed in region 1.

If we are placed in region 1, the regions will be completely unbalanced. This is not a big deal for us as we will surely make the playoffs just about every year for the next 50 years. However, Elizabethton, Johnson County, Sullivan North, etc. will have to watch someone like Cumberland Gap plow through the likes of South Greene, Chuckey Doak and West Greene in order to make the playoffs, while they play a much tougher schedule. I don't know if TSSAA even considers those type things though.

If we are placed in region 1, the regions will be completely unbalanced. This is not a big deal for us as we will surely make the playoffs just about every year for the next 50 years. However, Elizabethton, Johnson County, Sullivan North, etc. will have to watch someone like Cumberland Gap plow through the likes of South Greene, Chuckey Doak and West Greene in order to make the playoffs, while they play a much tougher schedule. I don't know if TSSAA even considers those type things though.

and if we are placed in region 2, they would have to watch Greeneville do the same....I would prefer to play the tougher schedule and be prepared for the tougher post-season schedule.

and if we are placed in region 2, they would have to watch Greeneville do the same....I would prefer to play the tougher schedule and be prepared for the tougher post-season schedule.

Agreed...Barb if only you were my age, haha. We could spend the weekends wasting away in a football oasis, LoL. So how is the Halloween party in Washington County going?

Even with Greeneville moving down they still have to go threw K town and up the road a few miles before being eliminated from the playoffs. So I guess to summaries what you all think will be a sure trip to the playoffs and a state championship will just be a closer ride home after Alcoa eliminates You!!!!!