LA Wildcats future

hilhamhound

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you have any input for this thread?? Or are you gonna play private i all day?

No input from me...I don't have a clue about football. I just like to watch em hit each other /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> .

66, I hope you're right. I have watched those kids you are talking about in basketball mostly and they are good athletes. But, you are bad ref and ump. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oh there's always hope of turning this around. But I believe I would let the coaches tackle those problems. You make it sound as if this program is headed SOUTH. I recall some comment you made about how LA should just drop football and pick up some sport badminton or horseshoes or something. And you call yourself a fan. And now your on some big crusade on how to save LA football. I don't know what your intentions are or D.A. Barack's but these kids don't need your help. It's a free country and you can post whatever you like, but don't be a so-called fan one day and a back stabber the next.

I think my quote was something about putting soccer nets on tom davis field but I don't remember. I will let the coaches tackle that problem. The program is not headed south chair, it has bottomed out. I want to see it back on the rise. I am a fan. I can't save LA football, only the current players and coaches can do that. I think the community can help. I have been less and less negative of this team. So do you have any ideas or are you just gonna get on here and try to fight off any thing that could possibly look bad for LA. As if a 1-8 record isn't bad enough. I'm not looking for an arguement?

Boys, Boys, Boys, dont you know teams come and go but HOGEYE /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> will always be alive!! No, I'm not from the great OC but I've been around long enough to know all programs go thru periods of rebuilding, reloading whatever. Sometimes it just takes a kick start instead of turning a key. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hard work and determination will surely lead LA back to the Goryland, oops .. I meant GLORYLAND .. Halloween is on my mind /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

When has LA ever been a top flight program? You won state becasue of the coach you had then. Now, you don't even give a coach time to build a program. Even Rankin had a losing season before. Give the guy time. Last point, part of the problem could be all you guys getting on here and running down the program. Why would an athlete want to play for LA if all they hear is the constant crying from yall. For 3 years, you guys have torn up the program and one of your favorite sons when he seen the lining on the wall.

I think my quote was something about putting soccer nets on tom davis field but I don't remember. I will let the coaches tackle that problem. The program is not headed south chair, it has bottomed out. I want to see it back on the rise. I am a fan. I can't save LA football, only the current players and coaches can do that. I think the community can help. I have been less and less negative of this team. So do you have any ideas or are you just gonna get on here and try to fight off any thing that could possibly look bad for LA. As if a 1-8 record isn't bad enough. I'm not looking for an arguement?

I don't want to argue with you or anyone else either. I just want the best for this program. But there have been some pretty harsh remarks made by you and D.A. Barack and some others that have hurt. Did it hurt me or any of the coaches?? No !! But it does sort of tick us off when someone gets on here and slanders the coaches and the kids. But the majority of the people that get on here don't have a clue about what their talking about. It's easy to point fingers when things aren't going good. Believe me I know the TRUTH hurts. I have faced it all my life. But most people don't know just how bad this program has run down since the 05 team. And again the seniors have had 4 head coaches in as many years. Now you tell me how can you have any consistency with the shuffling of coaches and the absence of a winter and spring workout program. And heaven forbid that I bring this up again but with a schedule like LA has had these last 4 years it hasn't been easy or fun for that matter. IMHO we have made great strides this year ( and I know the record don't show it ) in getting this program back into something that our kids can be proud of. Like I said in previous posts. The hardest pill for me to swallow has been how the kids are today. Not all of them mind you, but some don't care if we lose 69 to 0 every game. It's been a battle to just find the kids that really want to do what it takes to be competitive much less win. I think we have found several that kids we can build a team around, time will tell.

I don't want to argue with you or anyone else either. I just want the best for this program. But there have been some pretty harsh remarks made by you and D.A. Barack and some others that have hurt. Did it hurt me or any of the coaches?? No !! But it does sort of tick us off when someone gets on here and slanders the coaches and the kids. But the majority of the people that get on here don't have a clue about what their talking about. It's easy to point fingers when things aren't going good. Believe me I know the TRUTH hurts. I have faced it all my life. But most people don't know just how bad this program has run down since the 05 team. And again the seniors have had 4 head coaches in as many years. Now you tell me how can you have any consistency with the shuffling of coaches and the absence of a winter and spring workout program. And heaven forbid that I bring this up again but with a schedule like LA has had these last 4 years it hasn't been easy or fun for that matter. IMHO we have made great strides this year ( and I know the record don't show it ) in getting this program back into something that our kids can be proud of. Like I said in previous posts. The hardest pill for me to swallow has been how the kids are today. Not all of them mind you, but some don't care if we lose 69 to 0 every game. It's been a battle to just find the kids that really want to do what it takes to be competitive much less win. I think we have found several that kids we can build a team around, time will tell.

I think a start would be not letting everyone who walks on the field be on the team. Make them earn a spot on the team. In my opinion, it would mean more to be a member of something if you earned it. RC, whats this blackout business? Didn't Georgia already try that?

I'm glad that we have found the kids to build a team around. What do you mean about the program getting run down?? Are you talking about the facilities?? If so then the community can help there... We can raise money to get the better equipment and things if that is what is needed(if the QB club pays for it then the football team should be the only ones to use it). I'm for you chair... I just want to know what we as fans can do to help?? I understand your frustration about players that don't care. I have been on teams with players like that and they bring everyone down. How these kids end up this way is beyond me. I was talking to king21(i think) on here one night and that is the kind of players we need. Players with PRIDE. Too bad we are losing him next year. Sometimes you have to torch the barn and burn the rats. I think sometimes you lose a few good ones too but thats just part of it I guess.

I think a start would be not letting everyone who walks on the field be on the team. Make them earn a spot on the team. In my opinion, it would mean more to be a member of something if you earned it. RC, whats this blackout business? Didn't Georgia already try that?

That's a pretty good idea. You can't turn them away from praticing but you can make them earn a spot to dress with the Varsity.

Agree "Sawmill". You only get out what you put into something is the old saying. I think you will see a big difference in the future. With the addition of coaches Moffitt, Stultz and Webb the staff is in good shape. These guys have been an asset to the program. As for the "blackout" I don't have a clue about Georgia or what is going on this friday. It will be a first for me.

Are any of the ones who DON'T care if you lose 69-0 starters? I would hope not. If they are then replace them with some boys that do care. Surely LA has enough kids on the team that the ones with bad attitudes don't have to be tolerated. I guess it's a little late to be making major personel changes anyway. I'm saying the coaches don't have to tolerate the non caring kids. They can take a stand.

Are any of the ones who DON'T care if you lose 69-0 starters? I would hope not. If they are then replace them with some boys that do care. Surely LA has enough kids on the team that the ones with bad attitudes don't have to be tolerated. I guess it's a little late to be making major personel changes anyway. I'm saying the coaches don't have to tolerate the non caring kids. They can take a stand.

Surely you can give the coaches more credit than to start a kid that could care less if we won or lost.