Blackman v. Oakland

MidTennFootball

4-5A Showdown  

32 members have voted

1. 1. 4-5A Showdown

Congratulations to Oakland. Very good team with a great defense. We never really threatened to score tonight. I believe you will go a long ways in the playoffs. To win this region, as tough as it is means you have to be pretty dang good. I know yall do not pass much but if you get in a game and fall behind and have to throw, you may be in trouble but you have as good a chance as anybody to go all the way.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Oakland. Very good team with a great defense. We never really threatened to score tonight. I believe you will go a long ways in the playoffs. To win this region, as tough as it is means you have to be pretty dang good. I know yall do not pass much but if you get in a game and fall behind and have to throw, you may be in trouble but you have as good a chance as anybody to go all the way.

It's been a work in progress and will continue to be one for the forseeable future. We have qb's that are still learning, but our defense allows them some wiggle room for mistakes. The big thing for them this year has been to be patient and not turn the ball over and it was worked up to this point. I do not count on facing many defenses like Blackman's, unless Oakland has to face Smyrna again

a big congrads to oakland...once again they find a way to win and have all year...one is luck...twice is good luck and three times or more is talent and "want to"...i wish you and all the teams the very best in the playoffs

offensively...it was ugly for both sides...i would have bet my house/ wife/ 3 boys and 1 daughter that if we held oakland to a total of 108 yards for the night ...we would have won...glad i did not bet...

the pass to the flats right before half was supposed to be thrown to the deep seam route (i do have a pretty good source)...but obviously it wasn't

wells did apologize for that pass call...deep seam or not

lebanon did their part...we did not do ours and had a chance for sure

blackman had alot of circumstances go wrong this year that were out of our control...but the boys showed up every week to play...except for riverdale or maybe riverdale just really came to play...anyhow, thanks for the memories...i enjoyed every second of it

thanks too coach wells for holding this ship together this year...and so glad you have recovered from your heart surgery...

go get'em patriots...and put a little more mo-jo on the offensive side of the ball and you just may bring home the gold ball /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congradulations also on a great career at Blackman for Josh Patton. He also has a great future and it has been a pleasure watching someone so dedicated to helping his team win. Unfortunately for him and for Justin Bowers they will not be on next years team that I believe will be a playoff team. Although I really thought they would be this year too.

From my angle which was in the back of the end zone across the field from the play the Oakland players knee was on the ground as he lunges forward and the ball touched the pylon and WOW the trailing ref in the middle of the field makes the call! Great!

Number 1 rule in calling any game "call everything you see and nothing you don't"

Bad call to throw it, Horribile call on the touch.

peace and chicken grease, out

Thank You. Oakland has no qualms being an underdog as they have pretty much been one all season long

My picking Blackman had nothing to do with who was favored to win - it had to do with who I thought would win - my picking Blackman didn't make Oakland the underdog, it was just one guys opinion.........and everybody has one, I know

Having said that, and having seen the game, I'll say that the there's not much difference between the two teams - in my opinion there's not much difference between the top 7 teams in the region - LaVergne's just too young

I will give it to Oakland that they are winners - their record speaks for itself and I hope Oakland wins the state championship

My point is that if you look at who beat who, and the margin of victory, it's hard to make sense of it other than to say that the talent is spread pretty evenly throughout the region - and there are no dominant coaches either - good but I wouldn't say dominant like Rankin was (I know......"he had all the talent".......well, he knew what to do with it)

I thought two of the best coaching jobs in the region this year were done at LaVergne and at Lebenon - we played LV game 1 and Hester did a great job of keeping his guys in that game despite the youth.......I'm talking multiple freshmen - and they remained competitive throughout the year if my memory serves me - and we saw Lebanon game 9..........they came onto the field and I said to a friend "where are the rest of them?" - that was it - I thought we should blow them out by 40 - and we jumped out by 21 in the 2nd - of course they hung around....I can't go there.

good luck to all 4 teams - we are pulling for all of you

and congratulations to Coach Williams at Smyrna - great job