Blackman v. Oakland

MidTennFootball

4-5A Showdown  

32 members have voted

1. 1. 4-5A Showdown

here is my two cents on this game...i think it is going to be a head knocker...nasty...hard hitting...old school...smash mouth football...

it could be close and it could go to oakland in a big way...blackman has been alot this year...but for sure they have been inconsistent...

my concern for the blaze is that for every game but one...oakland has found a way to win...that in itself says something about the coaches and the players...they believe

is oakland beatable...yes...but it won't be easy or pretty...blackman better show up big time...make no crucial mistakes and then they MIGHT have a chance

can the blackman D take 4 quarters of the pounding from oakland inside run game?

can the blackman O move the ball and punch it in against oaklands big D line?

those are the two questions of the night in my limited opinion

I'm thinking a tough linebacker pressed into running back duty with the speed to take it to the house may be the difference. GO BLAZE !

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking a tough linebacker pressed into running back duty with the speed to take it to the house may be the difference. GO BLAZE !

Im thinking 2 monster DT'S named Barrett and McAdoo will stop him before he gets there /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Im not on the up and up in terms of who is out and who isnt, but if he is, it certainly hurts, but 1 man does not make this defensive line, it is solid all the way around

no doubt that oakland is certainly not a one man show...the whole team has taken the journey to the top together

hope he is not hurt..always like to see kids get to play all the games...we lost our big 6'5" 250lb DE for the year and it's sad for him and the team...

looking forward to a good game friday night!

no doubt that oakland is certainly not a one man show...the whole team has taken the journey to the top together

hope he is not hurt..always like to see kids get to play all the games...we lost our big 6'5" 250lb DE for the year and it's sad for him and the team...

looking forward to a good game friday night!

Given Oakland's position, if any starter is even banged up the sligtest bit, I imagine that he will have limited playing time or not play at all, as there is no need to throw those kids out on the field when the game next week holds much more importance. It is indeed a strange feeling getting a home playoff game, or even in the playoffs regardless. After being dissapointed so many times, you start to become numb to it.

But yes, I expect an old-school, knock-down, drag-out, fight!

I am very disappointed in the outcome of this game. Oakland 7 Blackman 0.

Oakland scores on an interception return on the last play of the 1st half.

Questionable whether he really scored although I'm sure all Oakland posters on this website will say that he did.

What really frustrates me is why, why, why did we throw a pass from our on 40 yard line sideways on the last play of the 1st half? We should have been happy with 0 - 0. Coach Wells has done a good job the last half of the season but he is the one that lost a chance at this game. I hope he apologized to the team after the game.

This game deserved to go into overtime at 0 - 0. Who knows what would have happened but I would have loved to have the opportunity to watch it. Kudos to Justin Bowers. He had a great career and deserved to make the playoffs at least once in his career. Good luck playing college ball, I look forward to watching him wherever he goes. I know he will be successful.

I am very disappointed in the outcome of this game. Oakland 7 Blackman 0.

Oakland scores on an interception return on the last play of the 1st half.

Questionable whether he really scored although I'm sure all Oakland posters on this website will say that he did.

What really frustrates me is why, why, why did we throw a pass from our on 40 yard line sideways on the last play of the 1st half? We should have been happy with 0 - 0. Coach Wells has done a good job the last half of the season but he is the one that lost a chance at this game. I hope he apologized to the team after the game.

This game deserved to go into overtime at 0 - 0. Who knows what would have happened but I would have loved to have the opportunity to watch it. Kudos to Justin Bowers. He had a great career and deserved to make the playoffs at least once in his career. Good luck playing college ball, I look forward to watching him wherever he goes. I know he will be successful.

Ill be honest, from my angle, I couldnt tell, I saw him hit the pylon, and if thats the case more often than not, it is going to be a touchdown. Wholeheartedly agree with you on the decision to pass it right before halftime. If your going to chuck it, throw it 30, 40 yards down the field, not 10 or 15. Blackman ran way too basic of an offense tonight to move the ball consistently on Oakland. I think at parts in the game, it was pretty easy to guess what Blackman was going to run, didnt even try a reverse, trick play, or anything to that nature.

Kudos to Blackman's defense, you guys play very well as a unit.