clarification

Momlovesfootball

Okay maybe someone can explain something to me.

A forfeit is considered a non-game Right?

so lets look at 5-5A

Gallatin is 6-1

Hunters Lane is 6-1

Hendersonville is 6-0

how can we be ranked at a fair level when it looks like hendersonville played one less game then everyone else. How is that fair to Gallatin and Hunters Lane.

I am not trying to take anything away from the Hendersonville players and no disrespect is meant, I just don't understand how it works could someone please explain rationally how this works

Okay maybe someone can explain something to me.

A forfeit is considered a non-game Right?

so lets look at 5-5A

Gallatin is 6-1

Hunters Lane is 6-1

Hendersonville is 6-0

how can we be ranked at a fair level when it looks like hendersonville played one less game then everyone else. How is that fair to Gallatin and Hunters Lane.

I am not trying to take anything away from the Hendersonville players and no disrespect is meant, I just don't understand how it works could someone please explain rationally how this works

I thought a forfeit went down as a loss. Who did they forfeit to? I'm unfamiliar with the game you're talking about.

I'm in northeast TN but this is the way I see it.

If Hunters Lane beats Hendersonville and Gallatin wins their game, then the forfeits really don't matter for the top 3 teams. Gallatin will win the tiebreaker, Hunters Lane will be second, and Hendersonville 3rd. Just go out there and take care of business. If you are a Gallatin fan, you had your chance and couldn't beat Hendersonville earlier in the season so that was your own fault. Go out there and beat them in the playoffs and make up for it.

I'm in northeast TN but this is the way I see it.

If Hunters Lane beats Hendersonville and Gallatin wins their game, then the forfeits really don't matter for the top 3 teams. Gallatin will win the tiebreaker, Hunters Lane will be second, and Hendersonville 3rd. Just go out there and take care of business. If you are a Gallatin fan, you had your chance and couldn't beat Hendersonville earlier in the season so that was your own fault. Go out there and beat them in the playoffs and make up for it.

Good point... but it is a curious question.

The Tennessean article about Hendersonville and their forfeits say that this rule doesnt hurt anybody but the team that had to forfeit their game....

How is this... Gallatin and Hunters Lane are being hurt by this rule. How is it that a team that had to give up two games, according to ratings is a game behind in the region, but is still allowed to be ranked #1 in the region?

I dont think this is fair, especially since the two teams that HVille had to forfeit the games on are still counted as losses. ... not even non-games

How is this right or fair?

The Tennessean article about Hendersonville and their forfeits say that this rule doesnt hurt anybody but the team that had to forfeit their game....

How is this... Gallatin and Hunters Lane are being hurt by this rule. How is it that a team that had to give up two games, according to ratings is a game behind in the region, but is still allowed to be ranked #1 in the region?

I dont think this is fair, especially since the two teams that HVille had to forfeit the games on are still counted as losses. ... not even non-games

How is this right or fair?

Mom, if they had had to forfeit and not vacate the game our situation would still be the same. HHS region record would be 6-1 instead of 6-0. Same number of region wins. Another poster was correct in that if Gallatin had taken care of business last Friday night it wouldn't really matter. If HLHS and GHS takes care of business Thursday night then it takes care of it also.

Now, having said that, I think the rule should have stayed the same as it has always been. If you play an ineligible player, for whatever reason, it should result in a forfeit for your team and a win for the opponent, plain and simple.