District 5-AA

logcabinman

So i was wondering who the players to watch are for everyone? and who's got new players to watch for? I know at central its pretty much the whole roster cause all can score when needed... i also know that sweetwater got a new point guard named Bailey Shope who's a soccer player that they've converted into a basketball player... she's supposed to be beastly

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why will it be held at AAA McMinn County and not Central?

There is no way Centrals gym could hold the tourney due to seating. Countys gym will be able hold that many people and then some. Plus parking will be better not to mention teams having to travel will be able to eat in Athens and will only be minutes from the interstate. Good idea all the way around.

• 2 weeks later...

So i was wondering who the players to watch are for everyone? and who's got new players to watch for? I know at central its pretty much the whole roster cause all can score when needed... i also know that sweetwater got a new point guard named Bailey Shope who's a soccer player that they've converted into a basketball player... she's supposed to be beastly

I went to the Walker Valley play day and Central looked a little rusty but you can expect that. They beat CCS and Science Hill but as usual

it was 5 in and 5 out not in any given order. BUT ! Where did all the Sweetwater players come from, Wow I have not seen that many

players on one team in a long time. They looked pretty good. Did anybody get to see any of the other D5 teams play down there?

sweetwater girls got a new coach who's gone out and gotten some girls with athletic ability to come play... not sure how good of basketball players they'll be but they should be able to run...

Central always looks a little rusty and rough at first but then Coach Morgan always gets them in prime condition for the home stretch

Where you at thug dadi? Hadn't heard from you lately....but its time! good luck to MC. They will be tough!

I'm still buried under football videos. But I'm here. Are we going to see you at Central this year, or have to wait til MTSU?

sweetwater girls got a new coach who's gone out and gotten some girls with athletic ability to come play... not sure how good of basketball players they'll be but they should be able to run...

Central always looks a little rusty and rough at first but then Coach Morgan always gets them in prime condition for the home stretch

If your your judging Central girls by the jamboree game. What you or others may not know is that Central girls did a full practice then went to the weight room and did burn outs. That means that they lifted weights til they couldn't lift any more, then moved to less weight and went til they couldn't lift any more. So, they did look like they got tired fast.

About the District and Region tourn. Is it going to be at McMinn or CSCC? The wallet size schedule has McMinn, but the paper schedule that the girls recieved from Morgan has the games being played at Cleveland St.

I heard McMinn Central has already had an injury???? Is this true?

Yes. One of Central's players dove for a loose ball during the jamboree. She broke her collar bone. She'll be out til about January.

Central will also be short one other player for the first couple of games for breaking team rules. It's not going to matter against Alcoa, but Maryville game is going to be tougher now that they are 2 players short.

Yes. One of Central's players dove for a loose ball during the jamboree. She broke her collar bone. She'll be out til about January.

Central will also be short one other player for the first couple of games for breaking team rules. It's not going to matter against Alcoa, but Maryville game is going to be tougher now that they are 2 players short.

Tough start to a year.......Hope the girl that was hurt does well in her recovery.