Who Should Make All-State

DonCChatt

I'm a big believer in putting the cart before the horse, so here goes....

Who do you think will make All-State this year. Last year, in AAA, there were 15 forwards, 15 midfielders, 15 defenders, and GK's. In D2, it was 9, 9, 9, and 4. In A/AA, it was 42 total players.

If you put somebody down, please note division, position, name, and school.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abigail Aymett. Senior Defender for Giles County. All-District, District 12 all-tourney, region 6 A-AA. District 12 tourney Defensive MVP.

Heather Holley. Jr Forward for Giles County.

The goal keeper for Columbia Academy, Brittain is her first name. One of the best keepers in the state in my opinion.

Britain is an ecellent gk. My daughters team scrimmaged Giles County and beat them 9=0. I didn't recall anyone on GC's team being all state calibar

I'm a big believer in putting the cart before the horse, so here goes....

Who do you think will make All-State this year. Last year, in AAA, there were 15 forwards, 15 midfielders, 15 defenders, and GK's. In D2, it was 9, 9, 9, and 4. In A/AA, it was 42 total players.

If you put somebody down, please note division, position, name, and school.

Hannah McGowen, a Junior for Riverdale, would be my choice at midfield. She has had the winning goal in most of the 1-0 vicitories in the home stretch. She is alway invovled in the action and gives 100% for 80 minutes (plus ot's) everytime she hits the field.

Forward goes to Riverdale Sr. Becca Smith. Ashley Watson, a Riverdale Freshman, could easily be picked for that spot too.

Defender would be any of the goal stingy defenders on the Riverdale squad.

Hey, I'm hoping that Saturday afternoon the entire Riverdale squad proves they are the All-State team!

Abigail Aymett. Senior Defender for Giles County. All-District, District 12 all-tourney, region 6 A-AA. District 12 tourney Defensive MVP.

Heather Holley. Jr Forward for Giles County.

The goal keeper for Columbia Academy, Brittain is her first name. One of the best keepers in the state in my opinion.

I like the goalkeeper from Tullahoma, not family, and the goalkeeper from Shelbyville, family. You have to have Kayla Warren.

IMHO..... here goes ... @ least for the greater Chattanooga area : Alpha order ~

All State:

Kris Cambron - Senior - Notre Dame - Striker

Danielle Ciabattone - Junior - Notre Dame Mid

Taylor Davidson - Senior - Keeper - Baylor

Emily Jones - Junior - Cleveland - Striker

Claire Lanter - Senior - Def Center Back - Soddy Daisy

Sarah Mastey - Sophomore (?) GPS - Striker

Josie Rix - Senior - GPS - Mid/Def Center

Carissa Sanchez - Junior - Baylor - Def Center

Caroline Scales - Senior - Baylor - Mid

Leah Wilson - Senior - Keeper - CCS

Kameshia Woodfine - Senior - Baylor - Striker

2nd team:

Darcy Brannen - Senior - Notre Dame - Mid

Bonnie Buckley - Sophomore(?) Silverdale - Mid (?)

Hannah Farlett - Junior (?) CCS - Mid (?)

Sarah Gawthrop - Senior - Baylor - Mid

Elizabeth Gier (sp?) - Senior(?)-Soddy - Mid

Logan Mays - Senior - CCS - Striker

Katelyn McChesny - Sophomore - Cleveland (Mid?)

Alex Stevenson - Senior - Cleveland - Mid

Kelsy Swann - Senior - Soddy Daisy - Mid

*some of this is from memory and I am getting old so please correct any info that is wrong*

Within the scope of my opinion, let me say a few comments to support these "thoughts":

I think that it is important to consider a number of factors when assessing a player's talent. You need to look at players contribution to the game and realize that the game is played on the entire field. Most of these players aren't always on the "scoring" side of the game, but rather make an overall contribution to the team's success. Josie Rix, for example, spent most of the season playing in the defensive third, as did Carissa Sanchez from Baylor. Their contribution to distributing balls with precision, maintaing the defensive shape of the field, and the maturity of the being so versatile need to be commended. Yes, you have to assign them a position in the roster, but in reality players like those two along with Darcy Brannen (ND), Alex Stevenson (Cleveland) and Sarah Gawthrop (Baylor) make a contribution no matter where you put them on the field. These are girls that play the entire 90 minutes and coaches rely on them without all the hoopla attention /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Danielle Ciabattone from Notre Dame is another one of those players. You could put her in on the strike line all the way back to the defensive line, and she is going to be consistenly good and solid. It isn't always the flashiest player on the team that should get your attention, as a spectator.... It should be the strong, consistent and versatile players that COULD be scoring the goals, but have given themselves over the glory of the team instead of individual glory. That is not to say that the numbers don't count, look at Emily Jones (Cleveland) for example, with 40+ goals this season or Logan Mays (prior to injury downtime) or even Kelsey Swann (SD) who have both amassed countless goals in their four years. Granted, some people will say that numbers can be run up, depending on competition, but you have to give players like that credit for their skill and work ethic.

Without a doubt, the keeper votes go to the top keepers in this region, probably in the state other than Rebecca Toler from Collierville. Wilson has proven herself time and time again and Davidson from Baylor has one of the lowest GA in the state. (doesn't hurt that her back line is tough as nails)

I am sure all over the state there are parents and coaches that could make a list such as this. I think it is nice to see it at a glance by city.... anyone else want to take a shot at it...Franklin, Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville~~ care to take a stab at listing your best votes for candidates for All State. At best, they will surely be supported by the area's spectators and if you are lucky enough to have a Best of The Preps in your area, it would be fun to see how many on your list make it for the city wide talent pool. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It's been a great year.... and seniors - thanks for the memories. Will will miss your leadership and talent on and off the pitch !

Sorry so long of a post....I got long winded.

IMHO..... here goes ... @ least for the greater Chattanooga area : Alpha order ~

All State:

Kris Cambron - Senior - Notre Dame - Striker

Danielle Ciabattone - Junior - Notre Dame Mid

Taylor Davidson - Senior - Keeper - Baylor

Emily Jones - Junior - Cleveland - Striker

Claire Lanter - Senior - Def Center Back - Soddy Daisy

Sarah Mastey - Sophomore (?) GPS - Striker

Josie Rix - Senior - GPS - Mid/Def Center

Carissa Sanchez - Junior - Baylor - Def Center

Caroline Scales - Senior - Baylor - Mid

Leah Wilson - Senior - Keeper - CCS

Kameshia Woodfine - Senior - Baylor - Striker

2nd team:

Darcy Brannen - Senior - Notre Dame - Mid

Bonnie Buckley - Sophomore(?) Silverdale - Mid (?)

Hannah Farlett - Junior (?) CCS - Mid (?)

Sarah Gawthrop - Senior - Baylor - Mid

Elizabeth Gier (sp?) - Senior(?)-Soddy - Mid

Logan Mays - Senior - CCS - Striker

Katelyn McChesny - Sophomore - Cleveland (Mid?)

Alex Stevenson - Senior - Cleveland - Mid

Kelsy Swann - Senior - Soddy Daisy - Mid

*some of this is from memory and I am getting old so please correct any info that is wrong*

Within the scope of my opinion, let me say a few comments to support these "thoughts":

I think that it is important to consider a number of factors when assessing a player's talent. You need to look at players contribution to the game and realize that the game is played on the entire field. Most of these players aren't always on the "scoring" side of the game, but rather make an overall contribution to the team's success. Josie Rix, for example, spent most of the season playing in the defensive third, as did Carissa Sanchez from Baylor. Their contribution to distributing balls with precision, maintaing the defensive shape of the field, and the maturity of the being so versatile need to be commended. Yes, you have to assign them a position in the roster, but in reality players like those two along with Darcy Brannen (ND), Alex Stevenson (Cleveland) and Sarah Gawthrop (Baylor) make a contribution no matter where you put them on the field. These are girls that play the entire 90 minutes and coaches rely on them without all the hoopla attention /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Danielle Ciabattone from Notre Dame is another one of those players. You could put her in on the strike line all the way back to the defensive line, and she is going to be consistenly good and solid. It isn't always the flashiest player on the team that should get your attention, as a spectator.... It should be the strong, consistent and versatile players that COULD be scoring the goals, but have given themselves over the glory of the team instead of individual glory. That is not to say that the numbers don't count, look at Emily Jones (Cleveland) for example, with 40+ goals this season or Logan Mays (prior to injury downtime) or even Kelsey Swann (SD) who have both amassed countless goals in their four years. Granted, some people will say that numbers can be run up, depending on competition, but you have to give players like that credit for their skill and work ethic.

Without a doubt, the keeper votes go to the top keepers in this region, probably in the state other than Rebecca Toler from Collierville. Wilson has proven herself time and time again and Davidson from Baylor has one of the lowest GA in the state. (doesn't hurt that her back line is tough as nails)

I am sure all over the state there are parents and coaches that could make a list such as this. I think it is nice to see it at a glance by city.... anyone else want to take a shot at it...Franklin, Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville~~ care to take a stab at listing your best votes for candidates for All State. At best, they will surely be supported by the area's spectators and if you are lucky enough to have a Best of The Preps in your area, it would be fun to see how many on your list make it for the city wide talent pool. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It's been a great year.... and seniors - thanks for the memories. Will will miss your leadership and talent on and off the pitch !

Sorry so long of a post....I got long winded.

I will keep my opinion to myself, I find your list lacking and incorrect. Leaving girls off a list like this, in a public forum, because of your lack of knowledge shows poor judgement...... Just my opinion.