Who Should Make All-State

DonCChatt

Ok MVM, I'm confused ..... are you and bluclearsky actually the same person, using two different logons to reply with. Hmmmm ...... I wish I had thought of that myself. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I would never damage blueclearsky's name or reputation by comparing him with me. It was hard enough coming up with the screen name MVM (3 letters) remember I'm a Soddy (hyphen) Daisy grad...much less blueclearsky....By the way shouldn't it be clearbluesky? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never damage blueclearsky's name or reputation by comparing him with me. It was hard enough coming up with the screen name MVM (3 letters) remember I'm a Soddy (hyphen) Daisy grad...much less blueclearsky....By the way shouldn't it be clearbluesky? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

3 letters and one you used twice

Blue clear sky was a phrase used in Forrest Gump in 1994 and then again in a George Strait song in 1996. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A few considerations from Region 1 AAA.

Lauren McInturff, GK, Dobyns-Bennett

Allowed only 13 goals all season and unscored on in conference play. Held Bearden to 1 goal. Very underrated and unrecognized.

Aly Carrino, Forward, Greeneville, Senior

Overcame torn ACL as a Sophomore and is usually the smallest player on the field.

2008 stats: 25 goals/10assists

Offensive MVP at Katie Hunter

IMAC Offensive Player of the Year

Tori Head, Forward, Dobyns-Bennett, Senior

All-Tournament Team Katie Hunter

All-Tounament Team Lady Tribe Invitational

Won All-State last year and deserves a look again this year. Missed a good part of the season due to illness and still scored 25 goals including the game winner against Bearden.

Emily Johnson, Defender, Morristown West, Senior

Led the defense only allowing 15 goals all season and to team record of 11-3-4

2008 IMAC Defensive Player of the Year.

After todays game against Riverdale I would like to second the nominations of the Dobyns Bennett girls. The goalie was outstanding and I believe it was Tori who scored the only goal of the game.

I knew as soon as I saw the heading this would stir a "hornet nest"!! Last time I checed....Coach Tis about 80% "OPINION" and maybe 20% facts confirming scores, information etc....Certainly ALL-State is inevitably someone or a group of someone's opinions....there is no clear cut guideline....its not like Xcountry where you could just say anyone running under "X" is All-state.....I don't see anything wrong with anyone penning their "opinion" on all-state as long as you don't slam someone else's selection or point out that any one girl should NOT make all-state...nothing to be gained by that...after all we're not talking national politics here /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Certainly to receive the selection is a honor...but I am sure being mentioned here as a potential is nice as well. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

my bad for trying.... obviously I am not as qualified as some of the posters in this thread, or so they think.

Thanks DonC for recognizing that I cannot possibly see every game in town, that would be physically impossible for me since.... well, never mind "since"...... and yes, Carrie Lieper was a miss. Her enthusiasm and hard work is contagious to her teammates.

My opinions come from years of watching this group of girls play the field. I have heard their mouths, I have seen their characters. That was ONE area that I chose to make sure to include in MY OPINION of selections.....Enough said. I will remain silent and keep my opinions to myself.

MVM - you state that I left off some MVP selections.... would you elaborate, please. I would like it to go down in the record for their sake.

As I stressed at the beginning of my blog, this was my humble opinion. Thanks Flash for coming to my defense.

oh, and MVM.... just for the record, I don't wear glasses when I watch a game.... rose colored or any other color for that matter. I can't ! Enough said on that one, too!

Correct me if I am wrong or if I pushed your buttons by not mentioning your daughter.

I find it hard to understand why the other posters in the other regions that are listing things like this in their opinion aren't getting trashed. hmmmm..... the world may never know!

I nominate for all-state:

all the players who have scored on Baylor! What a team and a treat to watch.

hmmmm. Is that all the players who have scored ON Baylor (against Taylor Davidson) ! OR: All the players on Baylor that scored.... kind of confusing post. And MVM ~ THAT would be rose colored glasses....depending on the outcome of the question above /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />