FRA vs. Giles County

PulaskiVol

What tough luck for GC. Win a tough region only to have to face FRA. Oh well. On paper FRA has got to be the big favorites, they have more shutouts I think than GC has wins. What makes them so good? Do their forwards have great speed, is their defense solid and what kind of keeper do they have?

Don't count out GC. While they do not have the talent other teams may have from top to bottom they are playing well together. Defense has gone 200 + minutes without allowing a goal and just put up a brick wall vs CA tonight. GC will have a chance providing that the defense of FRA lacks speed and the forwards of FRA have speed. FRA may very well win the game but I believe it will be tougher than most on here predict.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What tough luck for GC. Win a tough region only to have to face FRA. Oh well. On paper FRA has got to be the big favorites, they have more shutouts I think than GC has wins. What makes them so good? Do their forwards have great speed, is their defense solid and what kind of keeper do they have?

Don't count out GC. While they do not have the talent other teams may have from top to bottom they are playing well together. Defense has gone 200 + minutes without allowing a goal and just put up a brick wall vs CA tonight. GC will have a chance providing that the defense of FRA lacks speed and the forwards of FRA have speed. FRA may very well win the game but I believe it will be tougher than most on here predict.

I say 6-0. FRA will be steaming. GC has not faced anyone like FRA.

I say 6-0. FRA will be steaming. GC has not faced anyone like FRA.

LOL. I am sure that FRA is a big favorite but I just don't think they are going to win by that big of a margin. It sounds to me like FRA struggles a little with speed and GC has speed up top. As for them scoring 6, I just don't think it will happen, GC defense is playing well, and unless FRA has a couple of fast forwards I think scoring is going to be tough in this one. I see it as a two goal game.

If FRA can find the field, they'll win the contest. This will be a very interesting road trip for you!!!!

Well one of FRA's forwards is an Arkansas State signee The other is a junior and will be a college prospect. The midfielder is headed to Alabama to play soccer. They are very fast up top and in the midfield. It might even get worst than that.

Well one of FRA's forwards is an Arkansas State signee The other is a junior and will be a college prospect. The midfielder is headed to Alabama to play soccer. They are very fast up top and in the midfield. It might even get worst than that.

Only two teams have come into sub-state play with two straight shutouts, they are CAK and Giles County. No doubt that FRA is by far the best team that GC has faced, but I'm telling you that goals will not be that easy to come by. If CPA beat FRA then there is a chance for GC to beat them as well. I don't think it will happen, but they have a shot. GC has a couple of threats up top as well, one with speed and one with power, they will get a couple of good scoring chances. Also watch GC defender Aymett. She is a physical player who will initiate contact with the big three of FRA.

GC is slow in the midfield and that will be where FRA has a big upperhand. I believe that on paper FRA wins the game 3-1, but this game is played with heart, and I promise you that FRA will not play any harder than GC.

Only two teams have come into sub-state play with two straight shutouts, they are CAK and Giles County. No doubt that FRA is by far the best team that GC has faced, but I'm telling you that goals will not be that easy to come by. If CPA beat FRA then there is a chance for GC to beat them as well. I don't think it will happen, but they have a shot. GC has a couple of threats up top as well, one with speed and one with power, they will get a couple of good scoring chances. Also watch GC defender Aymett. She is a physical player who will initiate contact with the big three of FRA.

GC is slow in the midfield and that will be where FRA has a big upperhand. I believe that on paper FRA wins the game 3-1, but this game is played with heart, and I promise you that FRA will not play any harder than GC.

If recent history holds true, look for all the public schools to get beat Saturday. Sad but true.

I am sure GC will play hard. One thing is if you go to Eurosport Scoreboard and look at the schedules. It will hurt GC playing the likes of Loretto, Wayne County, Forrest and Richland. FR plays a much tougher schedule than GC and it will show. Good luck to both teams

wow..i wish the GC men's team got this much talk about on here when they went to sectionals the past two years. i believe there are more posts about GC girls this season than the guys got in the past 2 years. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

but staying on subject..i believe it will be a tough battle and hopefully won't end like the GC men's did for the past 2 years.. 5-1 lose both years. it is good to see the GC girls get out of districts.

The only problem with this argument is that CPA is a better team than Giles Co. Both 9A/AA teams should win their sectional matchups. Like you said, FRA has more shutouts than Giles Co. has wins, and FRA plays a much, much harder schedule. FRA does lack some speed, but that is more than made up for in their great passing and their great footwork. They also play very physical, something that I really have no clue whether or not Giles Co. has seen. Plus coaching for FRA is off the charts, another edge they definitely have.

Respectfully, what charts u been reading??? Please define that coaching edge.

Gotta say, that Coach McDonald has a pretty nice resume. 4 championships with the girls, and when we have played against them with the boys, they seem to be very well coached. Don't know if that is what flatline was referring to though.