Ravenwood vs. Hendersonville

underthelights

I find it astonishing that as much time as you spend on Coach T that you haven't found the time to take a a look at the strength of schedule rankings that are so graciously provided. Had you taken the time you would've found that Hendersonville's schedule ranking is eighth....and uh...let me see...oh there it is....Ravenwood's schedule is twentieth.

As far as the "no spread huddle, speed, and defensive size" you are refering to, Hendersonville has CONSISTENTLY handled everything that has been thrown at them thus far. The operative word being "consistently"....which, unlike years in the past, Ravenwood is now lacking.

So yes, Ravenwood has flashiness and speed...which is fun to watch, but Hendersonville has fundamentals....not as much fun to watch but far more effective on a week in, week out basis.

Needless to say, we can't wait to host the Raptors. I'm sure it will be a great game no matter what the outcome.

Commando Pride!

where did you get your schedule rankings if you go to massey.com or rivals-

has HENDERSONVILLE ---56

RAVENWOOD-4

FRANKLIN-7

BRETWOOD -10

GALLATIN -44

SO GO RESEARCH AGAIN - does this mean anything no game played on friday

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as painful as it is to type....congratulations to Hville for winning the region....

Back when the Williamson County schools were playing Gallatin and Hendersonville every year in the old district format, they never were dominant. That is just a recent development that many on here think always existed, when in fact it has only happened in the last few years. The TSSAA did us no favors when they stuck those metro schools with us. Competition went down along with the gates. Williamson County added schools during that time and hired really good coaches. Rector is a good example. Ravenwood is wideopen on offense. They take chances on defense. They have good special teams and are disciplined. Ravenwood is a wildcard this year, they have some really good upsets and some questionable losses. Definitely not a typical 4th place finisher. Hville better be on their toes because there is no telling what the Raptors will have planned for the Commandos. The one thing that I think will be the difference maker in this contest is line play. Hendersonville is spectacular on the lines. With them playing a smashmouth in your face type running game, I would hope that would favor Hville. Williamson County schools are more finese. Hville is not. That is something that the Williamson County schools do not see. Hendersonville has been overlooked all year and should be 9-1. A close game is in Hville's advantage and I really would like to see them advance. Plus the arrogance of the Williamson County posters is sometimes at the point of ridiculousness. Ya'll Hville followers of coacht no what I am talking about. About time for some Sumner Co resurrgance don't ya'll think.

well those in WILCO can say we have that right since i think we have been to sthe state championship game at least 6-7 years in a row now

has HENDERSONVILLE ---56

RAVENWOOD-4

FRANKLIN-7

BRETWOOD -10

GALLATIN -44

First of all I got my information DIRECTLY from coachT.com on the main page....you oughtta take a look.....and secondly, we didn't play on Friday because we won the Region Championship on THURSDAY!

It's amazing to me that you have time to do any research at all with you having to travel and "scout" and such....ha, ha. Maybe you should take the time to work on your sentence structure and spelling since I can't tell where one thought ends and another begins. It would seem to me that since you allegedly attended Notre Dame they would've worked on that with you.

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&...=276851&ck= click on that link to see the state rankings.

COMMANDO PRIDE!

First of all I got my information DIRECTLY from coachT.com on the main page....you oughtta take a look.....and secondly, we didn't play on Friday because we won the Region Championship on THURSDAY!

It's amazing to me that you have time to do any research at all with you having to travel and "scout" and such....ha, ha. Maybe you should take the time to work on your sentence structure and spelling since I can't tell where one thought ends and another begins. It would seem to me that since you allegedly attended Notre Dame they would've worked on that with you.

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&...=276851&ck= click on that link to see the state rankings.

COMMANDO PRIDE!

This just blew up in your face. It even says on this rankings you posted that Hendy's strength is 26th and Ravenwood's is 2nd. Way to look smart. Hate to break it to you all, but this game is not up to Hendersonville, it is in Ravenwood's hands. As stated before, whichever Ravenwood team shows up Friday will determine the game. Hendersonville is always so consistant, smashmouth, and usually strong defense. (I know because they did the same stuff to my team in the 90's that they do now) But Ravenwood can take this game since they are in spoiler mode this year. Ravenwood in a close one

I completely agree with you man! The williamson county schools they think are head and shoulders better than all the region 5 teams. Yes I mean they are better than the metro schools, who isnt? BUt anyways Gallatin and HEndersonville are out to prove to region 6 this year exactly how tough the sumner county schools are!!

Excuse me...but when did H'ville and Gallatin start dominating region 5? It's not like you've finished 1 and 2 every year since the region was started. Granted, there have been some bad Metro teams in the region, but there are bad teams in every region (see Clarksville NE, Columbia and Centennial until this year). Correct me if I'm wrong, but H'ville hadn't beaten Antioch in quite a while until this year...Hunters Lane and Antioch have held their own quite well...Antioch, not H'ville or Gallatin, has the longest playoff streak in the region. Not knocking sumner county, but you can't just lump all Metro schools together and say they are all terrible every year.

This just blew up in your face. It even says on this rankings you posted that Hendy's strength is 26th and Ravenwood's is 2nd. Way to look smart. Hate to break it to you all, but this game is not up to Hendersonville, it is in Ravenwood's hands. As stated before, whichever Ravenwood team shows up Friday will determine the game. Hendersonville is always so consistant, smashmouth, and usually strong defense. (I know because they did the same stuff to my team in the 90's that they do now) But Ravenwood can take this game since they are in spoiler mode this year. Ravenwood in a close one

Take a look at the strength + success rankings...that's what I'm talking about....smart guy.

COMMANDO PRIDE!

Wow looks like retired rebel told you as well.so sorry my typing on my blackberry upsets you more so I am sorry that you didn't get the chance to attend Notre Dame, my deepest apology that I was blessed to have.

Where did I say anthibg bout you playin thur or friday N I simply stated throw stats out of window come friday playoff time- u played thur due to holloween.

Sorry to hear you are a stuck at home mom,since you Started THIS name calling, yeah the travel is nice saw a great game down here in lauderdale , guess with my Notre Dame sheepskin I can multitask.go to krogers and cook dinner for the family and agai so sorry that you couldn't get into N.D.

To the others on this post sorry as stated HHS fine team congrats you deserve it.

Will HHS win they could no means am I sayin RHS is a sure bet but if I was HHS I would have prefered playin. Centenial

Either way good luck

Well as painful as it is to type....congratulations to Hville for winning the region....

Back when the Williamson County schools were playing Gallatin and Hendersonville every year in the old district format, they never were dominant. That is just a recent development that many on here think always existed, when in fact it has only happened in the last few years. The TSSAA did us no favors when they stuck those metro schools with us. Competition went down along with the gates. Williamson County added schools during that time and hired really good coaches. Rector is a good example. Ravenwood is wideopen on offense. They take chances on defense. They have good special teams and are disciplined. Ravenwood is a wildcard this year, they have some really good upsets and some questionable losses. Definitely not a typical 4th place finisher. Hville better be on their toes because there is no telling what the Raptors will have planned for the Commandos. The one thing that I think will be the difference maker in this contest is line play. Hendersonville is spectacular on the lines. With them playing a smashmouth in your face type running game, I would hope that would favor Hville. Williamson County schools are more finese. Hville is not. That is something that the Williamson County schools do not see. Hendersonville has been overlooked all year and should be 9-1. A close game is in Hville's advantage and I really would like to see them advance. Plus the arrogance of the Williamson County posters is sometimes at the point of ridiculousness. Ya'll Hville followers of coacht no what I am talking about. About time for some Sumner Co resurrgance don't ya'll think.

Nothing like having a boatload of ex-Titans coaching Williamson County schools either.

H'ville has really showed a lot of nay-sayers how hard they've worked to get here. Commandos pull off this win in a CLOSE one. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

has HENDERSONVILLE ---56

RAVENWOOD-4

FRANKLIN-7

BRETWOOD -10

GALLATIN -44

Before you start throwing stats around you need to realize that you can't just pick and choose which ones you throw out there. You failed to mention that Ravenwood's offense is ranked 69th and Hendersonville is ranked 31st...our overall ranking is 20th, as opposed to Ravenwood at 33rd. Additionally our power ranking is 30th to Ravenwood's 34th.

Putting all that aside, I honestly don't know who will win Friday...I can speculate just like you and everyone else. All I am saying is that I feel that Hendersonville CAN beat Ravenwood if they continue to play as they have thus far.

Oh, The website is actually highschoolsports.net Kenneth Massey rankings.

Wow looks like retired rebel told you as well.so sorry my typing on my blackberry upsets you more so I am sorry that you didn't get the chance to attend Notre Dame, my deepest apology that I was blessed to have.

Where did I say anthibg bout you playin thur or friday N I simply stated throw stats out of window come friday playoff time- u played thur due to holloween.

Sorry to hear you are a stuck at home mom,since you Started THIS name calling, yeah the travel is nice saw a great game down here in lauderdale , guess with my Notre Dame sheepskin I can multitask.go to krogers and cook dinner for the family and agai so sorry that you couldn't get into N.D.

To the others on this post sorry as stated HHS fine team congrats you deserve it.

Will HHS win they could no means am I sayin RHS is a sure bet but if I was HHS I would have prefered playin. Centenial

Either way good luck

Who wants to go to Notre Dame. Nobody but Rudy and youself and we all know how much Rudy played. Maybe you should watch some games up here before you start predicting. You predicted Hendersonville to lose to Mcgavock as I remember your post was you saw them practice and they had too much speed. WRONG

Same with Antioch Gallatin and Hunters Lane. WRONG, WRONG, and WRONG AGAIN! So keep talking because we seem to pretty good when you pick against us.

Who cares about strenght of schedule. Way to bring another boat load of crap. Its crap becuase you haven't seen this Hendersonville team play much judging by your comments. They are so different even from last year. As for Ravenwood being a spoiler What makes them such spoilers. I can't see that they have spoiled anything for anybody so far. Sure they had a couple of good wins but they also had big loses ie Goodpasture and Centennial and barely escaped Independence and North East.

Hendersonville has been doing this same thing for about 5 or 6 weeks now. Keep talking and we"ll keep winning. That is a stat nobody can dispute and no want to be coach can take away.

And I hate to break it to you but our guys take and put it in their own hands. Ravenwood may bring it but our guys will take it from them.