Seq. Valley Football

OLD PIRATE

Don't get me wrong, David Jones is a great player, but in order to win this award you should have to at least play all of your teams games and step up when they need you most. He has been hampered by injuries his entire SP career and I fear it will cost him in the end. Joe Muir should be the Sequatchie Valley Player of the Year....

Old Pirate says Joe has been a true warrior. OP was told Joe about got knocked out last friday night and wouldn't come out of the game. OP thinks either player would be great representatives of this coacht only recognition. The fact is David has more size & potential for excelling at the next level. That doesn't mean squat sometimes.........Joe, w/o question has been the more durable player, excelling playing both sides and special teams. Some players just seem to avoid injury and others seem to attract the injury bug.

Which is the most deserving..........................OP says.............................................you decide..................for yourself, after all it's what each of you believe/think that counts.

OP says, First remove them rose colored glasses worn by many.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that you are proud of your son and you have every right to be. He has had an excellent career, but for you to call someone a homer is the pot calling the kettle black. You are right though he won't be playing both ways in college, but he won't be playing Grace, Silverdale, Whitwell, Copper Basin, David Brainerd, etc... either... The running backs will out weigh him by 30 pounds, some of the receivers some by 15 or 20, and the linemen by 100 (all of them not just one here or there). So before we get on that you might want to look at the big picture. David seems like a very intelligent young man with great athletic ability and hope he succeeds in everything he pursues in life. Good Luck in your future endeavors David and Bossbro continue to be proud of your son. I know I would be!

To put down the competition is a joke.Remember our game?It's not about pitting these young men against one another.David is being recruited by some of the best schools in America.That's just what it is.Taft Youth Center,Whitwell etc. victories arent something to brag about much either.We love Joe been friends with him since we moved here.It's more about acknowledging what they have done for their programs.But this is coach T I guess.And that's what happens on here.Grown-ups becoming college recruiter's and evaluator's.I believe in the people who get paid to make these decisions for a living.

Old Pirate says Joe has been a true warrior. OP was told Joe about got knocked out last friday night and wouldn't come out of the game. OP thinks either player would be great representatives of this coacht only recognition. The fact is David has more size & potential for excelling at the next level. That doesn't mean squat sometimes.........Joe, w/o question has been the more durable player, excelling playing both sides and special teams. Some players just seem to avoid injury and others seem to attract the injury bug.

Which is the most deserving..........................OP says.............................................you decide..................for yourself, after all it's what each of you believe/think that counts.

OP says, First remove them rose colored glasses worn by many.

I find myself agreeing with you more and more OP, it's kinda scary...lol. Joe Joe has my vote that kid never quit, the entire season this kid played both sides of the ball, was a leader to his Team and never took himself out of a game. You know some kids are prone to injury, some avoid them and others play through the injury because they don't have it in them to quit!!!

To put down the competition is a joke.Remember our game?It's not about pitting these young men against one another.David is being recruited by some of the best schools in America.That's just what it is.Taft Youth Center,Whitwell etc. victories arent something to brag about much either.We love Joe been friends with him since we moved here.It's more about acknowledging what they have done for their programs.But this is coach T I guess.And that's what happens on here.Grown-ups becoming college recruiter's and evaluator's.I believe in the people who get paid to make these decisions for a living.

I do remember our game and if you can honestly tell me that David made a bigger impact for SP than Joe made for MC in that game I will leave it alone. Fact is, he didn't. I never said that Joe was a better college prospect and never will. I am saying that Joe meant more to his team however. He played every game on both sides of the ball and when they needed him most he stepped up. And speaking of acknowledging what they have done for their programs, SP's program is at the same place it was before David got there, while Marions is quite a bit different since Joe's arrival.

I do remember our game and if you can honestly tell me that David made a bigger impact for SP than Joe made for MC in that game I will leave it alone. Fact is, he didn't. I never said that Joe was a better college prospect and never will. I am saying that Joe meant more to his team however. He played every game on both sides of the ball and when they needed him most he stepped up. And speaking of acknowledging what they have done for their programs, SP's program is at the same place it was before David got there, while Marions is quite a bit different since Joe's arrival.

Dad burnit, Old Pirate says Joe's departure cost him a state championship and quite possiably cost the Pirates one in the end. Everyone has to respect players that play with the effort, consistantancy and heart that Joe brought to the playing field.

Squaw, OP says you have definately learnt the art of cage rattling. That pic rattles many cages. Better watch out,once everyone finds out about it you'll have to go and delete profile visits everyday. OP would gladly take a skillet from that. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Dad burnit, Old Pirate says Joe's departure cost him a state championship and quite possiably cost the Pirates one in the end. Everyone has to respect players that play with the effort, consistantancy and heart that Joe brought to the playing field.

Squaw, OP says you have definately learnt the art of cage rattling. That pic rattles many cages. Better watch out,once everyone finds out about it you'll have to go and delete profile visits everyday. OP would gladly take a skillet from that. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thanks for the complement on Joe and on my cage rattling skills.....lol. Kinda like the pic think I will have to keep it around for a little while, just so you will have something to go look at every now and then....lol

It's been loads of fun rattling cages this year and look forward to doing the same next season!!!

I still think Joe Joe is the most deserving of the Sequatchie Valley Player of the Year!!!!

There's a difference between MVP, best player on the team and top college prospect. On any given team each of those superlatives could go to a different guy. I would imagine the TFP will pick Jones as either area offensive or defensive player of the year and probably Muir for the other side.

There's a difference between MVP, best player on the team and top college prospect. On any given team each of those superlatives could go to a different guy. I would imagine the TFP will pick Jones as either area offensive or defensive player of the year and probably Muir for the other side.

For the first time and probably the last time, Indian, I agree with you.

This thread isn't about who has the most potential, or who is being recruited by who. This thread is about who is the most valuable player in the seq valley. We all know that David is being recruited by several D-1 schools. Joe doesn't have the upside that david does, but what he lacks he makes up for in heart. He could barely walk during several games this year, but you can bet money that when his team needed him, he limping out there with them, whether it be special teams, offense or defense. There wasn't any taking time off because he was banged up. He had over 1000 yards rushing, was one of the team leaders in tackles, and had 11 picks. No one is even talking about being evaluators or college recruiters, so that little comment is a little out of line. What is the truth Bossbro? You made the comment that the coaches practiced during the week only to play David on offense, Zone said he had and injury and chose not to play D. Which is it?? Then the other day I hear that Coach Starkey begged him to go in and play defense on Trousdale's game winning drive and he refused? WOW!!!