Clinton at Rhea County

The dragons lost in a big game decided by big plays 41-21. just wanna say gret year boys, you've come a long way in the last few years and i cant wait to see the continued improvement next year. cant wait to see weston back in action and running strong next year. Congrats on making the playoffs, this team is junior heavy so most of them will be back next year and now they have the experience to hopefully go a little deeper next year. it was a tough loss tonight but keep workin hard this offseason and next year will be even better.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful game tonight. Defensive stand before the half was great. We played like a Rhea County team is supposed to. Moffett and Price both played very well tonight, as they have all season. Cam ran the offense pretty well also. I only have one complaint. The reception where Stone was tackled near the goal line. He got up and took off his helmet and threw it and went to get a drink and knocked over the water bottles. I don't know if he was mad that he didn't score or what, but that is not acceptable. I'm sorry but that is classless. He did play better after that play, so maybe it lit a fire under him, but he didn't have to make a scene.

Great win! Let's keep the ball rollin and welcome Powell to Evensville next Friday night!

Beautiful game tonight. Defensive stand before the half was great. We played like a Rhea County team is supposed to. Moffett and Price both played very well tonight, as they have all season. Cam ran the offense pretty well also. I only have one complaint. The reception where Stone was tackled near the goal line. He got up and took off his helmet and threw it and went to get a drink and knocked over the water bottles. I don't know if he was mad that he didn't score or what, but that is not acceptable. I'm sorry but that is classless. He did play better after that play, so maybe it lit a fire under him, but he didn't have to make a scene.

Great win! Let's keep the ball rollin and welcome Powell to Evensville next Friday night!

First of all, great win eagles it was nice seeing the back-ups going in. When J.T. did that he wasn't mad that he didn't score. He was shaken up after the play and had minor vision problems. Knocking the bottles over were more than likely caused by this. I'd say he was just mad, thinking that he wouldn't get to play and was worried for the team at worst. He has great sportsmanship. Next week we have Powell so let's get ready for them now and move up to the next step. Great job both sides of the ball Eagles, we were the only winners in region four so maybe we'll get a lot of supporters from other schools in region 4.

Listen, J.T. is coming off a very serious head injury - didn't even know if he was going to play tonight. He got hit really hard - shook him up and I'm pretty sure they pulled him out of the game because he was slow getting up. I think he was just frustrated about the situation - waits all week to see if he gets to play, gets in, gets his bell rung and gets yanked. Tough for a kid to take.

But he more than made up for it - showed everybody what he's made of with that TOUCHDOWN!

I saw some amazing performances tonight from a LOT of boys. Tonight was a TEAM effort. I'm telling you those jersies 44 through 46 - those boys are hot right now. And Herd was everywhere tonight. And what about Goins? Smacked down two passes from Clinton's QB. Rice got some yardage and I was glad to see them put Dennis back in tonight. Untapped talent right there for the varsity team.

Moffett, as usual, was stellar. And England - what a DUDE!

This game was a great game to watch.

need coaching!!!!

straw if you think they need coaching so bad head on over and offer your services, your the one who claims we get our coaches off the streets. maybe they'll take you in and let you offer some of your expertise. coaching didnt kill them tonight lack of execution did.

Congratulations to Rhea tonight in a well played game. Rhea is a well coached team and have great disipline. I think Clinton's lack of depth hurt them again tonight. Rhea's big boys wore us down in the second half. Good luck next week against Powell and maybe we will see you again next year! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Congratulations to Rhea tonight in a well played game. Rhea is a well coached team and have great disipline. I think Clinton's lack of depth hurt them again tonight. Rhea's big boys wore us down in the second half. Good luck next week against Powell and maybe we will see you again next year! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thanks, 92Dragon. You guys have a good team and we enjoyed the game a lot. You had quite a few fans considering the drive.

Listen, J.T. is coming off a very serious head injury - didn't even know if he was going to play tonight. He got hit really hard - shook him up and I'm pretty sure they pulled him out of the game because he was slow getting up. I think he was just frustrated about the situation - waits all week to see if he gets to play, gets in, gets his bell rung and gets yanked. Tough for a kid to take.

But he more than made up for it - showed everybody what he's made of with that TOUCHDOWN!

I saw some amazing performances tonight from a LOT of boys. Tonight was a TEAM effort. I'm telling you those jersies 44 through 46 - those boys are hot right now. And Herd was everywhere tonight. And what about Goins? Smacked down two passes from Clinton's QB. Rice got some yardage and I was glad to see them put Dennis back in tonight. Untapped talent right there for the varsity team.

Moffett, as usual, was stellar. And England - what a DUDE!

This game was a great game to watch.

Good post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good game and good win. Moffet told me before the game he was due to have a big game and boy did he. Cam maybe the calmest and coolest sophomore QB I have ever seen. He threw for 259 yards tonight. J.T. got the breath knocked out and he couldn't see for a few seconds. He was just upset that the coaches wouldn't let him back in. I know he shouldn't throw his helmet, but I like the fire I seen in J.T. tonight, he was ready to play. Swafford I still can't get over that catch he made on the far sideline. WOW! The O-line played well tonight. The defense played a solid game tonight. They contained and pressured Stone, covered the pass well, and did a decent job at stopping the run. It's always good to get some JV players in a play-off game too.

Clinton is going to be tough to beat next year. They have great skilled players,and they are only going to get better next year.

Now comes Powell. They have a stud at QB. However, this game tonight will help us for next week. That I don't know about Powell. They scored on a short field I think twice and all 28 came in the first half. I seen some highlights from the Powell vs. Walker Valley game. Powell's coach looks crazy with that backwards upside down visor. It going to take another team effort again next week.