Clinton at Rhea County

Do we think the weather will play a role in tomorrow nights game? Hopefully the rain wont stop Rhea's passing game as it tried to in Cleveland. Having AJ back will be a great addition to our offense. I dont think JT will play, but I understand head injuries are very serious. He needs to take it slow, and that is fine with me. Safety first.

As I understand it, Clinton throws it even more than we do. Rain is a mental thing anyway. Notice how Cleveland didn't drop any passes in the rain.

I still like the home team's chances here, but I think its going to be a close shootout.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first post as a coacht member but am an avid fan of Clinton. I have been to every game they have played this year and have watched a team that has grown in many ways. First off this is a team with all the talent in the world to be a great team. They seem to gel well as a team and refuse to lose at times. On the other hand, you never know what team is going to show up. They are very young and have a tendency to think about things a little too much. The junior class from Clinton is special and has been for a while. Just needed time to catch up physically with varsity level football. I am a supporter of our team and of ours coaches, but I will say that we are a very beatable team. We are young and it shows itself many times. When it shows it is not all bad. These kids want to win more than anything and change the path that Clinton was on. But when they hit a rough patch our youth can be ugly with frustrating and stupid personal fouls and just plain giving up by some. Unfortunately we have some of the worst fans I have ever seen for high school football. Now before some read this and get upset, I just want to say that I know there are some that are very good fans. Overall though it is pretty sad. Clinton is headed to the playoffs for the first time since I can't remeber and the loudest I have heard the stands were when we were down in the second half to Powell. I don't know if that is what some fans are used to or what. Half our stands are filled with parents of band members or cheerleader members and just use the game as a social gathering. Makes me want to puke!!! Sorry about that by the way, just frustrating. The fact that Weston is out for this game really hurts our chances considering it is going to rain and the ball will be slippery. If Weston is in the Powell game in the second half I say we win the game. With him out their was no one to run the ball and keep the chains moving. Which led to out biggest weakness and that is our defense being on the field a lot in the second half.

Now to our defense. This is an area which we could be really good and have the athletes to be great. I feel we are being hampered by our coaching on this side of the ball. In the Powell game he bascially made no adjustments and made the Powell quarterback look like Vick out there. Powell pretty much ran one play which was a simple read play with the runningback. Our defense could never stop it. It was simpe to see how we lost. At halftime Powell's d-coordinator made adjustments and Clinton's did not. In the end I think it was coaching that contributed to a lot of the loss of momentum.

Offensively we have the talent to score on every play. Our line is a weakness but have played above expectation every week. They give Stone enough time most plays but can eventually give way due to being very young and having communication problems on blitzing schemes. The skill players are very talented and all can score from anywhere on the field. I feel bad for a kid like Weston who works his butt off all year long for football season and then gets hurt like he did. You should be happy you won't have to worry about him on Friday, but he is a joy to watch. He has GREAT vision and an instinct about the game that you just can't teach. He has a knack for breaking tackles and that is partly how he re-cracked his collarbone against Powell. He loves to lower that shoulder and make people pay but it came back to bite him. The back-up for Weston is solid and has carried us a couple of games. He is a different back and is more of a shifty runner but he also has great balance. Wide recievers are fast and shifty and can go get it. They love to make the spectacular catch but struggle with the easy ones at times. Then there is Stone and you just can't say enough about the kid. He has that "IT" factor that you just can see on the field. He is a very fast, shifty, strong-armed, and most of all very smart at the quarterback position. It goes unsaid most of the time but if you just talk to to the kid you can tell how much he understands the game of football. He is great at recognizing the defensive schemes and picking them apart. That is one of the main reasons he has throw only thrown two picks all season untill the Powell game and that is because he just doesn't make that many bad throws.

After reading all the stuff on this board. I think this game will be high scoring and Clinton will just fall short on a tough fought away playoff game.

Weston being out will be a big factor in this game and more so than any Eagle fan knows about. He is the heart of this team and it just doesn't beat as loudly when he is not on the field. Clinton will start out strong and wear down as the game goes along due to being only one deep at many positions.

Good luck to you Eagles and GO DRAGONS!!!

This is my first post as a coacht member but am an avid fan of Clinton. I have been to every game they have played this year and have watched a team that has grown in many ways. First off this is a team with all the talent in the world to be a great team. They seem to gel well as a team and refuse to lose at times. On the other hand, you never know what team is going to show up. They are very young and have a tendency to think about things a little too much. The junior class from Clinton is special and has been for a while. Just needed time to catch up physically with varsity level football. I am a supporter of our team and of ours coaches, but I will say that we are a very beatable team. We are young and it shows itself many times. When it shows it is not all bad. These kids want to win more than anything and change the path that Clinton was on. But when they hit a rough patch our youth can be ugly with frustrating and stupid personal fouls and just plain giving up by some. Unfortunately we have some of the worst fans I have ever seen for high school football. Now before some read this and get upset, I just want to say that I know there are some that are very good fans. Overall though it is pretty sad. Clinton is headed to the playoffs for the first time since I can't remeber and the loudest I have heard the stands were when we were down in the second half to Powell. I don't know if that is what some fans are used to or what. Half our stands are filled with parents of band members or cheerleader members and just use the game as a social gathering. Makes me want to puke!!! Sorry about that by the way, just frustrating. The fact that Weston is out for this game really hurts our chances considering it is going to rain and the ball will be slippery. If Weston is in the Powell game in the second half I say we win the game. With him out their was no one to run the ball and keep the chains moving. Which led to out biggest weakness and that is our defense being on the field a lot in the second half.

Now to our defense. This is an area which we could be really good and have the athletes to be great. I feel we are being hampered by our coaching on this side of the ball. In the Powell game he bascially made no adjustments and made the Powell quarterback look like Vick out there. Powell pretty much ran one play which was a simple read play with the runningback. Our defense could never stop it. It was simpe to see how we lost. At halftime Powell's d-coordinator made adjustments and Clinton's did not. In the end I think it was coaching that contributed to a lot of the loss of momentum.

Offensively we have the talent to score on every play. Our line is a weakness but have played above expectation every week. They give Stone enough time most plays but can eventually give way due to being very young and having communication problems on blitzing schemes. The skill players are very talented and all can score from anywhere on the field. I feel bad for a kid like Weston who works his butt off all year long for football season and then gets hurt like he did. You should be happy you won't have to worry about him on Friday, but he is a joy to watch. He has GREAT vision and an instinct about the game that you just can't teach. He has a knack for breaking tackles and that is partly how he re-cracked his collarbone against Powell. He loves to lower that shoulder and make people pay but it came back to bite him. The back-up for Weston is solid and has carried us a couple of games. He is a different back and is more of a shifty runner but he also has great balance. Wide recievers are fast and shifty and can go get it. They love to make the spectacular catch but struggle with the easy ones at times. Then there is Stone and you just can't say enough about the kid. He has that "IT" factor that you just can see on the field. He is a very fast, shifty, strong-armed, and most of all very smart at the quarterback position. It goes unsaid most of the time but if you just talk to to the kid you can tell how much he understands the game of football. He is great at recognizing the defensive schemes and picking them apart. That is one of the main reasons he has throw only thrown two picks all season untill the Powell game and that is because he just doesn't make that many bad throws.

After reading all the stuff on this board. I think this game will be high scoring and Clinton will just fall short on a tough fought away playoff game.

Weston being out will be a big factor in this game and more so than any Eagle fan knows about. He is the heart of this team and it just doesn't beat as loudly when he is not on the field. Clinton will start out strong and wear down as the game goes along due to being only one deep at many positions.

Good luck to you Eagles and GO DRAGONS!!!

Very informative post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />