Farragut vs. Science Hill

AdmiralDude

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they are appealing it.

It will be interesting to see how the appeal turns out as from my vantage point the official had to step in between him and the SH player after about 3 straight plays prior to the play that led to the ejection. I did not see what happened but when the flag was thrown the SH player was on top of him and #47 had a hold of the facemask and was jerking it.

Retaliation penalty? Who knows.

AdmiralMan could you post on this thread next week to let us know how it turns out? Or on the McMinn game thread?

The two players in question battled hard against each other all night.

Good Luck and I hope you bring the Championship trophy back to East Tennessee.

what exactly did harper do to get ejected? and any possibility Farragut will try to appeal it?

The official said he "slugged" the offensive tackle who threw him to the ground by his facemask. I dont know what the official was looking at cause Derek was on the ground trying to get back up then the ref just started shouting 47 you are outa here.

I think those Oak Ridge refs were just trying to see how much they could help science hills unproductive offense there at the end, and they still couldnt get it in from 3 inches out.

on the harper ejection, you'd think that the official would have enough common sense to call a personal foul on him before he ejects him or lets it get to that point. I guarantee you that if he issues a personal foul and lets the coaches know why it happened, the staff would just taken him out of the game considering when the incident took place. I know officials have a hard job, but to eject the player from a team that's advancing in the playoffs is a bit much at that point in the game.

on the harper ejection, you'd think that the official would have enough common sense to call a personal foul on him before he ejects him or lets it get to that point. I guarantee you that if he issues a personal foul and lets the coaches know why it happened, the staff would just taken him out of the game considering when the incident took place. I know officials have a hard job, but to eject the player from a team that's advancing in the playoffs is a bit much at that point in the game.

I have to agree as I said in a previous post Harper and SH's player (Joel Shrum) were in a battle all night and if it got to the point of retaliation or what ever the ejection was for there should have been a PF first and if it happened again then maybe an ejection. In my years of watching HS football I have been to games where I wondered how a player was not ejected due to the # of personal fouls called or their over agressive play. But from this fans prespective it looked like maybe some frustration got the best of Harper but I did not see anything that should have resulted in an ejection, unless they were both warned previously. The official did come between the 2 for three or four straight pays before the ejection. Don't know any of the facts just stating what I saw transpire.

Good Luck to the Admirals