Farragut vs. Science Hill

AdmiralDude

Yeah i have heard that kid is a game changer and a big pla threat.

Ok heres my breakdown on Farragut this year you might want to get a second opinon from AdmiralDude or FSU but this is what i saw through the firt ten game:

Offensivly we are very balanced. Averaged over 35 points and a game and really walked over defenses with exception to Ootelwah. Browning our QB is a junior he has good size and a rocket arm. Good pocket presense and makes good decisions. He has broken alot of Farraguts single season passing records this year and he will be a key into our playoff run. We go about three deep with RBs Purty #31 is a stud and is a very physical runner but also has good breakaway speed. Bogan #30 is also our star corner and punt returner he didnt play on the OR so hopefully with a ankle injury but hopefully he will on friday night. He is a big play machine he can bust the big play at any time on any part of the field. Bass is also a good backup RB he is small but a tough runner and has great balance those three can really hurt a defense. Our offensive line is lead by Will Jackson a GT commit and he was the only one with experience this year. The O-line has been down at some points this year but i think they are coming together and hopefully can get us through the playoffs. At times they cannot be physical though and have trouble picking up certain blitz packages so our scheme has to be a good one. All WRS have great hands and run good routes. Van Dyne #20 is a playmaker and very fast. Watch out for him and Reese to connect on big plays. Brady evans and david allen are also both good receivers and can run after the catch. Also Our TE Harper #47 has a couple touchdown cathches he plays both ways.

Defensily we have gotten better each game and reall came together these last games. We create alot of turnovers i mean ALOT! Our D-line is small but fats off the ball and very strong pound for pound. Vest Harper and White rotate at DE for us and those three have improved alot and can get to the quarter back fast. Our NG #51 Grecio is a fighter and clogs up the holes. He brings it every play. Our backers are very strong for us this year. SOphmore middle linebacker #35 is big and physical. #36 and #46 can tackle well and are also good in coverage. Our DBs have been great this year lead by Bogan they have had alot of ints this season. Also do well in coverage.

This is very good and played one bad game against a good team and thats why they lost. Science Hill needs to be ready cause it is not an easy thing coming to Farrragut and walking out with a win.

Like AdmiralMan said the O line is probably the biggest weakness with the exception of Will Jackson, but he cant block everybody. When the get out matched physically is when they break down but they getting better and have made some adjustments with the run blocking schemes so look for that to be better against science hill.

Also as he said the secondary for Farragut has been outstanding with i believe close to 20 ints this year. But as I have heard science hill is a 85% run team so it may not be such a factor. AdmiralMan didnt mention the outside linebackers/ss position that accumulates a lot of the tackles in the run game for the ads Encarnacion, Moskal, and Fry are all very sure hard hitters that get to the ball on almost every run play. The inside linebackers lack a little size and speed like the D line but very strong kids and they have played some exceptional coverage this year. I would like to see them doing a little more with some blitz packages but the coaches have seemed confident with the way they've been playing so. Look for that D line to be making a lot of plays against a heavy run team like this they are very good at taking on double teams and disrupting plays in the back field

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like AdmiralMan said the O line is probably the biggest weakness with the exception of Will Jackson, but he cant block everybody. When the get out matched physically is when they break down but they getting better and have made some adjustments with the run blocking schemes so look for that to be better against science hill.

Also as he said the secondary for Farragut has been outstanding with i believe close to 20 ints this year. But as I have heard science hill is a 85% run team so it may not be such a factor. AdmiralMan didnt mention the outside linebackers/ss position that accumulates a lot of the tackles in the run game for the ads Encarnacion, Moskal, and Fry are all very sure hard hitters that get to the ball on almost every run play. The inside linebackers lack a little size and speed like the D line but very strong kids and they have played some exceptional coverage this year. I would like to see them doing a little more with some blitz packages but the coaches have seemed confident with the way they've been playing so. Look for that D line to be making a lot of plays against a heavy run team like this they are very good at taking on double teams and disrupting plays in the back field

Thanks for the information as it helps to know who the play makers are and who to look for as a fan.

Our O-Line has been an unexpected plus for us this year as none of the 5 had any varsity (O Line) experience coming into the season yet they have done a solid job in controlling the LOS in quite a few games this year which helps to explain the reliance on the run thus far. I am looking forward to Friday night as both teams start their second season!

I will agree with Admiralman and AdmiralDave with the O-line we have moved some guys around up there but we need to get a little meaner and tuffer up front. OR put eight in the box to stop the run like to see Reese check off here to a hot pass to the tight end but not sure if Sweetland will let him or not. The offense can light up a score board if they will take care of business and not worry about the small stuff. Passing for the first 10 games 143 Atts with 2,187 total yards passing, 21 TDs, 8 INTs and 9 sacks. Running the ball 300 Atts with 1,754 yards and 22 TDs.

Defense has played pretty well this year. We have had 15 sacks this year. At least one sack in every game beside Bearden. Thats pretty good for a team that does not blitz alot and uses three down lineman. DB and LB had 12 INTs in the first 5 games with 1 TD the last last 5 games 4 INTs against William Blount and 3 INTs against OR for a total of 7 INTs. Zero INTs to Bradley, Ooltewah, SD with 5 TD pass in the last 5 games. In the first 5 games QBs were 38-83 for 451 yards passing the last 5 games 62-119 with 683 passing yards. The first 5 games against the run 174 Atts with 621 total yards rushing the last 5 games 161 Atts with 574 total yards rushing. Rushing TDs in the first 5 games 5 TDs and in the last 5 games 6 TDs and most of that was against Ooltewah (3 TDs).

If this team will stay together and play as a team and not read the newspapers or listen to all the people tell them how good they are they can be a really good football team. They do not have a super star on this team but they do have a bunch of good football players and thats what it takes to win. I hope they keep it together for 5 more games.

With Science Hill having three WR??™s out for the season, passing shouldn??™t be a factor (although wr - Smith is formidable at 6??™5???). Kinley and his two main running backs all have 4.5 speed or better. Kinley was clocked at 4.4.

If Science Hill??™s defense holds, it should be interesting.

With Science Hill having three WR??™s out for the season, passing shouldn??™t be a factor (although wr - Smith is formidable at 6??™5???). Kinley and his two main running backs all have 4.5 speed or better. Kinley was clocked at 4.4.

Dang.. 2 guys running 4.5 and one running 4.4.... Sounds like a pro team..

Saw these Guys vs. Kingsport, They do NOT run 4.6's They can fly. For a 10-6 game I never saw so much offense between the 20 to 20 yard lines.

Matter a fact other than the O line which is pretty good. Cudos to their coach, SHHS has excellent team speed. If DB players had not carried out their responsibilities as well as they did on defense. It could have been an Oh, Oh game.

I should mention that DB pursuit angles were excellent. In HS ball the lack of proper pursuit angles vs speed results in more long TD runs than great speed.

Wow. Farragut has some speed on defense but that could be difficult to stop a team with that kind of speed especially running off the edge that has been a weakness in the past. Should been interesting to see how Farragut's scheme reacts to the speed they should do pretty good.

Wow. Farragut has some speed on defense but that could be difficult to stop a team with that kind of speed especially running off the edge that has been a weakness in the past. Should been interesting to see how Farragut's scheme reacts to the speed they should do pretty good.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> might be worth keeping an eye on. SPEEEEEEEED KILLS !!!!!!!!

i hope it is a great game. long drive to watch a whoopin. farragut sounds to me to be a great team. i hope the toppers come to play. i've always enjoyed watching the knoxville teams play alot of talent down there. i heard the game starts friday at 7 instead of 7:30. does anybody know any different.

go toppers

i hope it is a great game. long drive to watch a whoopin. farragut sounds to me to be a great team. i hope the toppers come to play. i've always enjoyed watching the knoxville teams play alot of talent down there. i heard the game starts friday at 7 instead of 7:30. does anybody know any different.

go toppers

All play-off games begin @ 7:00 p.m. of the time zone the game is in.