DeKalb County @ McMinn Central

volsrule #1

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how central's practices are going?

Working hard on pass coverage. Pray for the kicker, he's been sick this week, fever, head junk. The team is ecited about the game. I think the Howard loss quiet them down and got them to focus and pay attention. Winning tomorrow will encourage them for the next 4 games.

And yet another Polk fan so enamored with Central's success, they just can't stay away! Gosh, are you folks too afraid to address your opponent on your own thread????? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The 16-0 victory was much more lopsided than the score indicated. But in the end, what's most important is that it was another 'W' for Central and another 'L' for Polk. As far as the series, if you want to live back in the days when Polk beat Central, then go ahead and gloat all you want and see how good it does you now. Polk was never able to win the region in spite of it. I prefer the present, and look forward future successes.

By the way, the 42-41 loss Polk incurred last year was an upset and one that sent shock throughout Polk County fans. All of you had that deer-in-the-headlight look of fright and disbelief after the game. Yes, the balance of power in the Central/Polk game has shifted.....and you all are jealous.

Enamored with Central's success? Um... not really. I just enjoy reading you're idiotic posts. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are right about last year's game. It was an upset. As far as the balance of power shifting, 2 wins doesnt mean anything.

Anyone know how central's practices are going?

The players have responded well and realize they need to be more focused on details.... and they're listenting to the coaches instead of the fans, or reading press clippings. The secondary has received a LOT of attention this week. They'll probably disguise their defensive coverage more Friday night than you've seen. A couple of the key players have been sick, but I'm sure they'll play tomorrow night.

Enamored with Central's success? Um... not really. I just enjoy reading you're idiotic posts. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are right about last year's game. It was an upset. As far as the balance of power shifting, 2 wins doesnt mean anything.

Thank you for the attention! Us Central fans love the fact that we control you folks and you can't stay away from us. Success does breed envy.

Well, actually, two wins in the last two years does mean something. But I'm sure next year you'l say three wins doesn't mean anything either.....so I'll end it there.

I'll be sure to let you know what I'm having for dinner since I'm your focus of attention. Sort of takes your fear away from your upcoming playoff game, doesn't it? Glad to assist. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And yet another Polk fan so enamored with Central's success, they just can't stay away! Gosh, are you folks too afraid to address your opponent on your own thread????? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The 16-0 victory was much more lopsided than the score indicated. But in the end, what's most important is that it was another 'W' for Central and another 'L' for Polk. As far as the series, if you want to live back in the days when Polk beat Central, then go ahead and gloat all you want and see how good it does you now. Polk was never able to win the region in spite of it. I prefer the present, and look forward future successes.

By the way, the 42-41 loss Polk incurred last year was an upset and one that sent shock throughout Polk County fans. All of you had that deer-in-the-headlight look of fright and disbelief after the game. Yes, the balance of power in the Central/Polk game has shifted.....and you all are jealous.

Wrecking Crew Quotes

Oct. 21,22,23-2008

The key to handling, carrying, throwing, or catching a wet ball is to keep your hands wet. If a player wipes mud off his hands he shouldn't dry them, too. They need to occasionally wet their hands with the water on their helmet, etc.

I some collegiate and professional receivers use the gloves during a wet game that have hundreds of suction-cup type of things on the palms.

Howard's linemen aren't as strong or physical as Central's are, nor do they carry out their assignments as well. And the speedy Howard backs and receivers aren't disciplined and tend to just run for daylight, without regard to where the play is supposed to go. And to be quite honest, Hopward isn't coached as well as either Polk or Central are. I wasn't surprised that Polk played them as close as they did in the second half.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Please no one argue with this troll look at his comments its obvious he knows nothing about football or coaching. Good luck to both Central and Dekalb I hope both teams have a injury free night and safe trip to and from the game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The players have responded well and realize they need to be more focused on details.... and they're listenting to the coaches instead of the fans, or reading press clippings. The secondary has received a LOT of attention this week. They'll probably disguise their defensive coverage more Friday night than you've seen. A couple of the key players have been sick, but I'm sure they'll play tomorrow night.

I don't think being sick is going to keep the players off the field. (Unless it's serious) I hope everyone is feeling better. They are excited. They will overcome. Go Chargers!

The GREAT ONE, a.k.a. Coach Derrick, is singing a different song in today's DPA.

The GREAT ONE, a.k.a. Coach Derrick, is singing a different song in today's DPA.

Don't buy into the "coach talk" for whats printed in the newspapers with a playoff game coming up. Ohhhh....never mind, you wouldn't understand. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Wrecking Crew Quotes

Oct. 21,22,23-2008

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Please no one argue with this troll look at his comments its obvious he knows nothing about football or coaching. Good luck to both Central and Dekalb I hope both teams have a injury free night and safe trip to and from the game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I can't believe you kept all of my posts. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Gee, how sad that you don't hve a life and you're really that consumed with me?

Are you just needing a friend? Well, since you're a "Bridesmaid with Class", I'll let you be my special friend as you worship me.