Elizabethton vs Greenville

FTBALLMANIA08

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton will play tough, Greeneville will pull away late /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Greeneville by 14 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Preparing for the revisions in Greeneville's offense could prove problematic for Betsy. Game film won't be much help.

They showed so many different looks in the Crockett game...3 QB's, 6 different receivers and some fresh faces in the backfield. My guess is Greeneville will be without Ryan Fillers on Friday, but given the talented receiving corp, someone will step up. How are the Cyclones against the run?

Preparing for the revisions in Greeneville's offense could prove problematic for Betsy. Game film won't be much help.

They showed so many different looks in the Crockett game...3 QB's, 6 different receivers and some fresh faces in the backfield. My guess is Greeneville will be without Ryan Fillers on Friday, but given the talented receiving corp, someone will step up. How are the Cyclones against the run?

They held South to 17 points through halftime. South seemed to wear them out and TN High ran all over them the game before. They do have athletes and speedy receiver. QB can run and pass. they made mistakes once they were down inside the 30 yard line or the south came would have been closer. they only lost 27-13 to DB. DB had about 4 turnovers though so not sure if that was DB's fault or because of Betsy. I just don't see this being an easy game for Greeneville.

I hope this game is a good one! And I think we will get one. Betsy is quick and I believe they will come with the same intensity that they had against DB and SH. They haven't played in they playoffs in a few years so the team and the town will be pumped.

Greeneville, in the end, will be too much for the Cyclones. The Devils will bring a hard-nosed offensive attack and I believe that will prove to be the Cyclones downfall. They are suspect with the run.

GHS - 34

EHS - 21

They held South to 17 points through halftime. South seemed to wear them out and TN High ran all over them the game before. They do have athletes and speedy receiver. QB can run and pass. they made mistakes once they were down inside the 30 yard line or the south came would have been closer. they only lost 27-13 to DB. DB had about 4 turnovers though so not sure if that was DB's fault or because of Betsy. I just don't see this being an easy game for Greeneville.

it seems like besty plays games close that they should get blown out in like DB, Science Hill and South for a half, but then the teams that they should blow out they struggle with. I think this game could be anywhere from 6 to 20 points differnece. If we play our best game and lose the turnover bug and exicute like they can we might pull one off but if not could be in for a long night. Good Luck to both teams. Go Besty "RTD"

'Betsy loses for one and only one reason. TURNOVERS! They have speed, hands, RB's, QB, and line. On paper they are formidable. They just shoot themselves in the foot. All season long they have done this. There's not much foot left to shoot which is why they will beat Greeneville. Elizabethton 35-28. Yeah, I said it. Yeah, I'm a Souther. The Devils actually think they are better without Greenway and I say this is true. As good as he was he makes crucial mistakes regularly. The two reasons the Cyclones will win are 1. They won't make any mistakes. 2. Greenville thinks they got this one wrapped up. Chalk one up for the MLC.

'Betsy loses for one and only one reason. TURNOVERS! They have speed, hands, RB's, QB, and line. On paper they are formidable. They just shoot themselves in the foot. All season long they have done this. There's not much foot left to shoot which is why they will beat Greeneville. Elizabethton 35-28. Yeah, I said it. Yeah, I'm a Souther. The Devils actually think they are better without Greenway and I say this is true. As good as he was he makes crucial mistakes regularly. The two reasons the Cyclones will win are 1. They won't make any mistakes. 2. Greenville thinks they got this one wrapped up. Chalk one up for the MLC.

I would give the Greeneville D more credit than that Comp buddy...you think 'ol Betsy will put up as many points on this improved D as yer Rebels did? While I wouldn't say they are better w/o Greenway, I think they are dangerously unpredictable. I don't quite understand the fuzzy logic behind yer prediction....Betsy wins cause they're out of feet? They still have knee-caps Comp and my guess is if they haven't learned to protect the ball in the past 10 games, 1 more ain't gonna help. Give Devils home field advantage on their new rug....28-7

I would give the Greeneville D more credit than that Comp buddy...you think 'ol Betsy will put up as many points on this improved D as yer Rebels did? While I wouldn't say they are better w/o Greenway, I think they are dangerously unpredictable. I don't quite understand the fuzzy logic behind yer prediction....Betsy wins cause they're out of feet? They still have knee-caps Comp and my guess is if they haven't learned to protect the ball in the past 10 games, 1 more ain't gonna help. Give Devils home field advantage on their new rug....28-7

I'll say it again. Greeneville will put up 35 pts on whoever they see. It's up to the other team to keep up. Betsy can't do it this week.

Greeneville 35 -7

Barb, I think we win by about 14 points. The only thing that Comp got right in his post is.............. HE is an expert on arrogance and over confidence. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />