Elizabethton vs Greenville

FTBALLMANIA08

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barb, I think we win by about 14 points. The only thing that Comp got right in his post is.............. HE is an expert on arrogance and over confidence. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Nah, he's not an expert in over-confidence, he's just an South homer who's got to try to stir somethin' up on another thread cause the South/Cherokee thread is DEAD. At least we have a decent game to watch on Friday. Hey Comp, what game you gonna see Friday? I would think the West/TH or East/North game might be better than the massacre in Death Valley.

If Witten's boys can avoid the butterflies and avoid the TOs, I think they may surprise the Devils. They are better than their record shows, like MoWest is. Both E'Town and G'Ville are quality teams. I'll say 20-13 Cyclones.

Coach Mac will have the Devils ready for Betsy. I hardly think their preparation is based on Betsy's record....unless of course they don't have video technology in Elizabethton yet. I guess it's OK to assume you all have GAME TAPE....then again stranger things have happened, after all it is Carter County. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Coach Mac will have the Devils ready for Betsy. I hardly think their preparation is based on Betsy's record....unless of course they don't have video technology in Elizabethton yet. I guess it's OK to assume you all have GAME TAPE....then again stranger things have happened, after all it is Carter County. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm not a Elizabethton homer, barb. So, am I reading this right... someone from Greene County is making fun of Carter County. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Also, assume it safe to say "I" have NO "GAME TAPE", being neither from Carter nor Greene counties. I was just giving my outside opinion. By the way, I noticed you mentioned your team couldn't tell much from the Crockett film... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Please tell me your team didn't choose to scout this game and make this game film themselves. I do doubt it. Guessing the coaches did the gentlemenly thing and exchanged films. The Crockett game being sent to you was a brilliant move on their part and you don't even realize it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm not a Elizabethton homer, barb. So, am I reading this right... someone from Greene County is making fun of Carter County. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Also, assume it safe to say "I" have NO "GAME TAPE", being neither from Carter nor Greene counties. I was just giving my outside opinion. By the way, I noticed you mentioned your team couldn't tell much from the Crockett film... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Please tell me your team didn't choose to scout this game and make this game film themselves. I do doubt it. Guessing the coaches did the gentlemenly thing and exchanged films. The Crockett game being sent to you was a brilliant move on their part and you don't even realize it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Since Betsy didn't play Crockett its safe to assume we didn't scout it. Sorry, what I meant was Betsy's staff couldn't tell much from the Greeneville/Crockett film... or the rest of the seasons film as well since the offense changed COMPLETELY with the loss of Greenway.(guess i should have stated it more clearly for all you South Homers) I have no idea what film was exchanged but it will likely be more beneficial to Greeneville than to the Cyclones, since the offensive scheme in Greeneville is a bit fluid at the present.

Since Betsy didn't play Crockett its safe to assume we didn't scout it. Sorry, what I meant was Betsy's staff couldn't tell much from the Greeneville/Crockett film... or the rest of the seasons film as well since the offense changed COMPLETELY with the loss of Greenway.(guess i should have stated it more clearly for all you South Homers) I have no idea what film was exchanged but it will likely be more beneficial to Greeneville than to the Cyclones, since the offensive scheme in Greeneville is a bit fluid at the present.

LOL! Of course Betsy didn't play Crockett. You typically want to scout those games and teams that you don't play, honey. Whoosh!...right over your head. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Whoosh! That's the sound of this going over your head twice. I'll spell it out for you and then go away:

Would Elizabethton want to study the Greeneville/Crockett game film to learn about Greeneville, regardless of who the QB was/is for G'Ville? How much do you plan to learn from that game film, sweety pie? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

LOL! Of course Betsy didn't play Crockett. You typically want to scout those games and teams that you don't play, honey. Whoosh!...right over your head. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Whoosh! That's the sound of this going over your head twice. I'll spell it out for you and then go away:

Would Elizabethton want to study the Greeneville/Crockett game film to learn about Greeneville, regardless of who the QB was/is for G'Ville? How much do you plan to learn from that game film, sweety pie? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Well since it is the only tape of either of the back-up QB's in action, and the offense has a completely different look without Greenway, I would think it gives the best idea of whats coming...kinda like watching them scrimmage. Of course you might have a point about learning anything about Greeneville's O from watchin' film.....they might as well just throw the film in the trash pop some corn and watch Friday Night Lights.

So somebody either confirm or deny the rumor that some influental people in the greenville community are pressuring the team to let the starting QB back on the team for the playoffs after his "off the field" antics?????

What is the story behind all this and assuming the rumors of what happen with him are true(I heard DUI) then how on earth could they let politics get in the way of setting the right example for those kids.

I hope its just a bad rumor and that the punishment fits the crime otherwise thats would be a sad story.

So come on greenville fans inquiring minds want to know.

So somebody either confirm or deny the rumor that some influental people in the greenville community are pressuring the team to let the starting QB back on the team for the playoffs after his "off the field" antics?????

What is the story behind all this and assuming the rumors of what happen with him are true(I heard DUI) then how on earth could they let politics get in the way of setting the right example for those kids.

I hope its just a bad rumor and that the punishment fits the crime otherwise thats would be a sad story.

If people in Greeneville were pressuring the team, it would likely be in the other direction, which they obviously don't need to do. Winning is not the only thing that matters in Greeneville.

If people in Greeneville were pressuring the team, it would likely be in the other direction, which they obviously don't need to do. Winning is not the only thing that matters in Greeneville.

Its not so obvious to outsiders....thus the reason for outing the rumor to get clarification from someone in the know.

All you need to know is the history of Greene County. Late 70's NAFTA-That's North American Free Trade Agreement. This guaranteed all farms in Greevenille would be bankrupt in 5 years. 1980's Bankruptsy Court moved from Knoxville to Greeneville. Early 90's - Anouncement of developement of 4 lane from Tri-Cities Airport to Dollywood...convieniently going thru the middle of Greene County farmland which by this time was convieniently owned by the bankruptsy courts. Federal Government convieninetly purchased land through the middle of Greene County to build proposed highway. City of Newport all of a sudden becomes premium realestate. Late 90's early 2000, all of a sudden the City of Greeneville is filthy rich. Hmmm, wonder where all that money came from? Well it wasn't from the price of beef. Comprende' Espanoil?

Trust me. He will play.