Page vs Jackson Southside

timeflies

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PAGE WINS 10 -7

GO PATRIOTS!!

Congrats to Page on a hard fought road win and congrats to SS on having a really good season. Once again the point is proven the FB powers (for the most part and historically) is East of the TN River. I think Page finished 4th in there region (is that right) and SS finished 1st.

Those of us in West TN still have Milan (AA) and Henry County (AAAA) as legit teams that can win it all. Possibly Union City in A....not nearly as sure about that one though.

Again, good luck the rest of the way.

Congrats to Page on a hard fought road win and congrats to SS on having a really good season. Once again the point is proven the FB powers (for the most part and historically) is East of the TN River. I think Page finished 4th in there region (is that right) and SS finished 1st.

Those of us in West TN still have Milan (AA) and Henry County (AAAA) as legit teams that can win it all. Possibly Union City in A....not nearly as sure about that one though.

Again, good luck the rest of the way.

Congrats to Page on the win.

Henry County will pull through for West Tenn. BOOK IT!

last post before the game

ss 42 page 14

Looks like that weed got passed around to some people. Are you kidding??. Region 6 is the CUPCAKE REGION of the west......welll maybe all of the are. But for anyone to say that Page would get beat 28 points....welll...that smoke must have been good@@@. Meanwhile we MOVE on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...I have been laughing so hard that I can hardly stand it. Region 5-3a does it again!!!!!

Congrats to Page on a great win. Like I said when Page got out early to a lead........Daniels worked the clock....and BOOOMMM!!!! a Victory. I am so proud of Daniels. When you fall behind this guy...you pay!!!!!!!!!!!

Was I surprised?????..no!....was SS surprised....well I got the impression from my cousin about 30 min ago that they did not think they could lose because they were better everywhere at every position and they would shutout Page.

Guys....Page is NOT a #4 seed... they are playing much better

SS had a good region 6 season....good won loss record...lose early...get ready for BB. Your "deep" run got stopped short in the playoffs

Cupcake schedules result in early BB practice.

Hey Wave....Hubbba hubba!!!!!!!!!!!+

There is 11 on defense and 11 on offense, You will see enough of them friday night....

We came ...we saw....we won.........!!!

What kind of thumping did Earnest WIlliams take from Page? Doubt it was much of one...

[/quot

I can assure you that it is exactly what happened. After Williams limped off the field Crockett barely escaped with a win and the next week...he did not last a quarter against Greenbrier....and that my friend is the cold hard facts!

I am so proud that Page picked up the victory. This was their seventh game on the road. The fact that Page played SIX playoff teams has really helped. Five of them are still playing. I will say it again...when you play three winless teams....it looks good on paper but when it comes to crunch time...look what happens to someone like SS.

Next week will not be easy facing Giles.

Congrats to Page. I'm still trying to figure out where our 22 studs were, they sure didn't show up at the Hawks Nest. Anyways Great Job Page and Good Luck rest of the way. And for bulldog69 grow up and be a true fan it doesn't take a really smart person to figure out region 5 is leaps and bounds over 6 this year and the last few....

I wish Catfish were available to give me all the Region 5 vs. Region 6 stats over the last three years!

In my mind Region 5 has come out on top, but I am not sure that the numbers say the same thing... especially if you throw out Lipscomb's dominance. Of course Lipscomb will win, but what about the other games? I think they will all be relativley close games that both teams will say they had a shot at winning.

What about Page's chances? I like their chances a lot. I would say they have a 50/50 shot of pulling off the upset. First, they are well coached. They have good schemes and techniques on offense, defense, and the kicking game. Second, the kicking game itself will be an advantage to Page. Rion is rare find at kicker & punter. Most teams don't have someone with his leg strength. He can really work field position and legitametly hit a 50yd field goal. Third, Page has enough playmakers on offense. Blake Neel and Taylor Lankord have been good for several years. This year, Wisdom, Grimes, Capps, and Machasi (?) are other weapons that make the attack more diverse and harder to stop. Finally, the defense has gotten better. The Patriots are playing physical team defense. They are not overwhelming by any means, but they aren't a liability either.

And Southside's chances? Southside should feel good about their chances. They get to play at home... with a home crowd and officiating. Page has to make the long trip... distractions and all. If they have superior athletes to Page... like they should... they might win. The games that Page lost this year were basically because they got out atheleted.

I still think a heady play from Page (maybe a surprise onside kick) will be the deciding factor in an upset win over the Hawks.

Just saws the stats on the game, total yards page 211, ss 214 the fg by rion made the differance way to go pats